Sponsored

Anyone want to critique this lease calculation? But not the fact that I might lease.

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
Running some numbers on leasehackr. Got the rv and mf and acquisition fee from Edmonds. I know the best leases show 10+ year score, this is 8.5. I also might drop the down payment to 1k plus fees.

7380FC46-096B-434A-9928-84BE49BD8689.jpeg

1A5220ED-90A2-4C77-A823-06F1DF3756AE.jpeg
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming that since you are leasing, this won't be going off road or modified?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Some off road. Not planning any mods.
Just keep in mind that any damage sustained during the lease will be your responsibility to either repair, or pay for at the end of the lease... Also, if there's any chance you might not be able to pay for it, they are a lot harder to get out of than a normal finance situation.

My dad got royally screwed on a lease years ago, I wouldn't touch one for anything... Sorry, not trying to talk you out of it, just making sure you know what you are getting into...

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I didnā€™t re-run your numbers but looks good.

FYI I think if you do 12K miles it only drops the residual to 66%, so may be worth it.

Also, I wouldnā€™t put any money down. All you can do is lose it if the car gets totaled.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
I didnā€™t re-run your numbers but looks good.

FYI I think if you do 12K miles it only drops the residual to 66%, so may be worth it.

Also, I wouldnā€™t put any money down. All you can do is lose it if the car gets totaled.
thanks, I'll play around with the numbers a little bit. I'm just wondering how accurate these calculations might be - if there are fees I'm not adding. I don't expect the payment to be spot on but at least in the ballpark with no surprises so i can decide lease or buy.

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Iā€™ve been leasing vehicles for over 30 years now. Never been burned. Then again, I change cars every 3 years, donā€™t mod them other than tires, and many times I trade them in, not return them. Most times my lease payoff is less than the trade in value. On my 2013 Wrangler I bought it at the end of my lease, sold it and made $10,000 on the deal. These Wranglers really hold their value.
Sponsored