Sponsored

Anyone using the Go Rhino spare tire relocation bracket?

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/go-rhino-spare-tire-relocation-kits/prod1640010

Above is a link, looks solid. I want the DV8 reinforcement but seems no one knows when it will be officially released. I only have 34’s, so maybe the additional 3 inches it pushes it out is overkill? I’m really tired of the backup sensors constantly going off, so I have to do something soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? TIA
Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/go-rhino-spare-tire-relocation-kits/prod1640010

Above is a link, looks solid. I want the DV8 reinforcement but seems no one knows when it will be officially released. I only have 34’s, so maybe the additional 3 inches it pushes it out is overkill? I’m really tired of the backup sensors constantly going off, so I have to do something soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? TIA
I have it. It does push it out some. I will be selling mine w/in the next week or so... it does have holes if you want to mount antennas. Overall, it’s a solid mount.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed mine over the weekend (with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit). I have 35’s and the sensors work as they should. It does move the spare both up and out. It’s quite stout and weighs something like 20 pounds.

I’m not certain I need it, but enough people have had issues with the backup sensors that I didn’t want to be bothered with that.

26236903-0AB2-45B7-890B-3EB830E867AE.jpeg

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I installed mine over the weekend (with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit). I have 35’s and the sensors work as they should. It does move the spare both up and out. It’s quite stout and weighs something like 20 pounds. I’m not certain I need it, but enough people have had issues with the backup sensors that I didn’t want to be bothered with that.

I have 35" myself and curious if I would need both these parts or just the Reinforcement Kit along with Go Rhino. Thoughts?
  1. Mopar 82215356AB Tailgate Reinforcement Kit
  2. Mopar 82215355 Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You wouldn’t want both the Mopar oversize spare tire carrier kit and the GoRhino. They do the same thing.

I’m not currently convinced the GoRhino is needed for 35’s. I’m probably going to remove my GoRhino this weekend and see.

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You wouldn’t want both the Mopar oversize spare tire carrier kit and the GoRhino. They do the same thing.

I’m not currently convinced the GoRhino is needed for 35’s. I’m probably going to remove my GoRhino this weekend and see.
Meh. I removed it. After a test run before torquing down the spare, the sensors were fine. But now, the driver’s side sensor is hard red whenever I’m in reverse. I don’t think I’m going to put the GoRhino back on, as I don’t like how far it moves everything. Obviously I’m really close, so up 3” and out 3.5” is too much for 35s.

I may just wait for a bumper mounted solution rather than putting more money into a temporary solution.

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Meh. I removed it. After a test run before torquing down the spare, the sensors were fine. But now, the driver’s side sensor is hard red whenever I’m in reverse. I don’t think I’m going to put the GoRhino back on, as I don’t like how far it moves everything. Obviously I’m really close, so up 3” and out 3.5” is too much for 35s.I may just wait for a bumper mounted solution rather than putting more money into a temporary solution.
Any interest in selling it? I would like to give it a go with my rig and see the outcome.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
UPS estimates shipping around $45. I paid $130 for the bracket and had it on the Jeep for a week. I’d be looking for about $110.

Honestly, you could get it off Amazon brand new for cheaper out the door. Retail shipping costs suck. :(

Sponsored

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
UPS estimates shipping around $45. I paid $130 for the bracket and had it on the Jeep for a week. I’d be looking for about $110. Honestly, you could get it off Amazon brand new for cheaper out the door. Retail shipping costs suck. :(
Thanks for taking a look into it, I agree it would be cheaper to buy it off of Amazon. Best of luck selling it locally. Very appreciative of giving us your review of the add on.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
With as much as this bracket moves the tire out, my 37” tire on a stock rim leaves about as much room as the 35” in the above photo. Has anyone built some kind of bracket to hold a rotopax or something similar back there? Not big on wasted space and it seems like there’s room. If I had a can and mount already I’d figure out a bracket, but I’d hate to buy all that and find out it doesn’t fit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
With as much as this bracket moves the tire out, my 37” tire on a stock rim leaves about as much room as the 35” in the above photo. Has anyone built some kind of bracket to hold a rotopax or something similar back there? Not big on wasted space and it seems like there’s room. If I had a can and mount already I’d figure out a bracket, but I’d hate to buy all that and find out it doesn’t fit.
In my opinion, that space shouldn't exist in the first place. Rather than design an adjustable carrier that can be fine tuned to accommodate a wide range of wheel offsets, like the Teraflex Alpha HD, they choose a simpler fits-all design that can fit a very shallow backspaced wheel. Everything else ends up cantilevered, which amplifies the affects of a given weight. Just my 2 cents.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
In my opinion, that space shouldn't exist in the first place. Rather than design an adjustable carrier that can be fine tuned to accommodate a wide range of wheel offsets, like the Teraflex Alpha HD, they choose a simpler fits-all design that can fit a very shallow backspaced wheel. Everything else ends up cantilevered, which amplifies the affects of a given weight. Just my 2 cents.
True, however if the space weren't there I was looking at the vector offroad mount for rotopax on the outside of the tire. Being as I have the space, why not tuck some back there? The go rhino wasn't my first choice, but it was the only one in stock locally in time to make Moab last week. I would have rolled the dice locally and wheeled sans spare, but 1,000 miles away, driving the jeep both ways, wasn't going to happen.

20200827_110917.jpg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
True, however if the space weren't there I was looking at the vector offroad mount for rotopax on the outside of the tire. Being as I have the space, why not tuck some back there? The go rhino wasn't my first choice, but it was the only one in stock locally in time to make Moab last week. I would have rolled the dice locally and wheeled sans spare, but 1,000 miles away, driving the jeep both ways, wasn't going to happen.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using the Go Rhino spare tire relocation bracket? 20200827_110917
Awesome shot! Must've been a blast!

I fully understand being in a pinch, which narrowed your options.

Just a suggestion, now that you're past the pinch. Sell it and put the proceeds towards a hinged tailgate reinforcement that has an adjustable carrier. You'll end up with the tire and wheel up nice and tight to the tailgate and high enough to clear the bumper, which will make it less vulnerable on drop-offs and steep climbs. It will also support the added weight of aux fuel cells and whatnot.

That would be an overall better approach, than having to go deeper into compromises and workarounds.
Sponsored