Sponsored

anyone using Metalcloak LCAs with mopar lift?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No. Upper and lower control arms both change caster AND pinion angle. Having both just gives you more adjustability.[/QUOTE
I have a question for you, with the Mopar lowers, any uppers needs to be shorter to increase caster correct? Most uppers don’t go smaller than the factory uppers so how will just uppers do much of anything with longer Mopar lowers? Also, have you ever run any Clayton products? I love that their a local New England company and the price point for all eight control arms is fantastic.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don't know anything about Clayton. I run Rock Krawler because they're lifetime warranty. When you lift the uppers don't necessarily need to be shorter.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Clayton is as well, and I’m not a big fan of a heim joint, especially in the salty, wintery environment of the North East.
Fluid film is your friend. Rock Krawler is based in New York. They don't seem to have any issues on their rigs.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Fluid film is your friend. Rock Krawler is based in New York. They don't seem to have any issues on their rigs.
I get that and I am in no way putting down Rock Krawler. These types of joints in general just don’t do well in northeast winters. If I lived in a less corrosive environment I would go that route in a heartbeat, but not up here. Up here you need something sealed and sort of maintenance free like metal cloak’s new bushing or even the TeraFlex IR seems legit?”, expensive though. I might even try Rustys lowers to see how that type of joint holds up up here, $229 is a pretty awesome deal for adjustable LCA’s

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
@NPE102414 MC uppers will go shorter than stock. As per their measurement recommendations, they keep the stock lower lengths in their lifts and roll the top of the axle back (shorter upper). Personally not a fan of rolling the top back, doesn’t Center the wheel in the well at lift height but it is a good way of dialling in caster correctly
My buddy runs MC and I run RK, can see how as per manufacture specs, the front wheel is tucked in

390FEA8E-A3C6-4171-8673-7B4381650B97.jpeg

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@NPE102414 MC uppers will go shorter than stock. As per their measurement recommendations, they keep the stock lower lengths in their lifts and roll the top of the axle back (shorter upper). Personally not a fan of rolling the top back, doesn’t Center the wheel in the well at lift height but it is a good way of dialling in caster correctly
My buddy runs MC and I run RK, can see how as per manufacture specs, the front wheel is tucked in

390FEA8E-A3C6-4171-8673-7B4381650B97.jpeg
I went with Synergy uppers, but front my wheels look centered with the Mopar lift lowers. My only concern is not getting short enough on the uppers to increase caster. Even Mc uppers don’t seem to go shorter than the factory uppers. Now, I haven’t measured the factory uppers as I’m just going by what I see online. The only measurement I can find online for the factory uppers are 24” center to center, most aftermarket adjustable uppers don’t go much lower than that so how am I going to increase caster with just uppers. I think I’m gonna go with uppers and lowers.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I went with Synergy uppers, but front my wheels look centered with the Mopar lift lowers. My only concern is not getting short enough on the uppers to increase caster. Even Mc uppers don’t seem to go shorter than the factory uppers. Now, I haven’t measured the factory uppers as I’m just going by what I see online. The only measurement I can find online for the factory uppers are 24” center to center, most aftermarket adjustable uppers don’t go much lower than that so how am I going to increase caster with just uppers. I think I’m gonna go with uppers and lowers.
Lowers are 24”
the mopar lowers will help with centering, they are still a bit on the short side to get it perfect in the well but MC does run shorter uppers than stock. I installed his lift for him and was surprised to see that they rolled it back as per their instructions

B50BFF76-5D8D-42D3-89DB-A6743295B8A5.png

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
sorry to butt in, but my .02 ..... ditch the fixed Mopar arms, they’re only 1/4” longer than stock, and if you wheel, the articulation will definitely suffer.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Lowers are 24”
the mopar lowers will help with centering, they are still a bit on the short side to get it perfect in the well but MC does run shorter uppers than stock. I installed his lift for him and was surprised to see that they rolled it back as per their instructions

B50BFF76-5D8D-42D3-89DB-A6743295B8A5.png
Wish I saw this sooner

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
sorry to butt in, but my .02 ..... ditch the fixed Mopar arms, they’re only 1/4” longer than stock, and if you wheel, the articulation will definitely suffer.
Agreed, in the process of ditching them, uppers and lowers on the way, rears when funds replenish a bit. Originally I was going with synergy but ultimately I decided on the TeraFlex IR, those bushings look sweet and they have a lifetime warranty, not to mention the pinch bolt clamp which I’m also a big fan of. For that kind of money though, I would’ve loved to have seen a split collar adjuster, oh well, can’t have it all!!
Sponsored

Last edited: