Sponsored

anyone using Metalcloak LCAs with mopar lift?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

im looking at going with MC for my mopar-lift-lacking components. ie track bars and lcas. ive read where people say MC uses the upper control arms to adjust the caster. will their lcas work as well? with the mopar lift? or should i get their uppers instead?

ive got the mopar lift sitting in the garage but im stuck in an infinite loop in research mode trying to determine which components ill be getting to compliment the mopar lift.

thanks in advance :beer:
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Following. I have a 2" mopar lift. Looking at MC track bars to compliment. Talked to MC and they said others have had really good results with the UPPER control arms. For minimal cost, i'd be worth trying. However, I've never heard anyone on this forum mention doing that.

Hardybreed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the MC UCA and they were able to get my caster close to 6. Now I am getting the LCAs installed today, and should be able to get up to 6.5, which is recommended by MC. Having both you should be able to get the desired caster while having a good pinion angle. If only using the uca you will increase the pinion angle which puts more stress on the drive shaft. That was my understanding.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have the MC UCA and they were able to get my caster close to 6. Now I am getting the LCAs installed today, and should be able to get up to 6.5, which is recommended by MC. Having both you should be able to get the desired caster while having a good pinion angle. If only using the uca you will increase the pinion angle which puts more stress on the drive shaft. That was my understanding.
No. Upper and lower control arms both change caster AND pinion angle. Having both just gives you more adjustability.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

so the LCAs should work with the mopar lift then? not using the UCAs at all. just looking to correct the caster to spec.

as mentioned in another thread, ill install the mopar lift and see if its needed. just trying to plan ahead just in case.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
im looking at going with MC for my mopar-lift-lacking components. ie track bars and lcas. ive read where people say MC uses the upper control arms to adjust the caster. will their lcas work as well? with the mopar lift? or should i get their uppers instead?

ive got the mopar lift sitting in the garage but im stuck in an infinite loop in research mode trying to determine which components ill be getting to compliment the mopar lift.

thanks in advance :beer:
Yes, mc lcas will work with the Mopar lift. Most all adjustable arms will. If you haven’t already done it, I’d suggest you buy the rk spring isolators instead of using the ones that come with the kit. Even though they’re supposed to be improved, they look the same as the older ones, and they don’t do anything to help the spring bow. The last kit I did the guy insisted on using the Mopar perches.... yesterday he came by and had me put on the rk perches....:facepalm:.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yes, mc lcas will work with the Mopar lift. Most all adjustable arms will. If you haven’t already done it, I’d suggest you buy the rk spring isolators instead of using the ones that come with the kit. Even though they’re supposed to be improved, they look the same as the older ones, and they don’t do anything to help the spring bow. The last kit I did the guy insisted on using the Mopar perches.... yesterday he came by and had me put on the rk perches....:facepalm:.
yep, got them at 4wp near my house in one day for $30.

thanks for your input. you have posted many helpful posts on this forum :beer:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
yep, got them at 4wp near my house in one day for $30.

thanks for your input. you have posted many helpful posts on this forum :beer:
Thanks brother... you really are going about this the right way, this will make your lift perform at its best.

gpurp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Adjustable control arms are also used to center the wheel within the wheel well. You'll need both sets though.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Roky,
For the spring isolators, are there isolators for the front and rear springs or are you just talking front? Thanks. (Still learning!)

EDIT: Also, are spring isolators the same thing as spring correction pads, as in https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-rock-krawler-front-spring-pad-correction-kit

??

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Had a customer with a dynatrak lift that didn’t address caster. Added some MC UCAs and made a huge improvement in drivability.

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky,
For the spring isolators, are there isolators for the front and rear springs or are you just talking front? Thanks. (Still learning!)
Just the front, the rear springs don’t have any issues with bowing. There are some guys using the rear rk isolators though.
Even though the Mopar springs are side specific (passenger springs are 1/2” taller) it could still lean.
So some guys are using rear rk perches to help level it out, since they’re also side specific. Passenger perch is 1/2” taller.
Yes... those are the ones. The fronts are the same height both sides, and the rears the passengers a 1/2” taller.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was having trouble finding RK perches. So I ordered rancho ones. Everyone said they’re basically the same thing. Is that true?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Having a Mopar lift.... I would recommend you install with the RK pads and adjustable track bars, or front bar and rear relocate bracket. LCA's can be added after easy. Test drive and feel if you need more caster. I'm running Mopar LCA's , it could use a touch more but it's not bad.
Sponsored