Sponsored

Anyone using Bogger tires for their daily driver?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Sounds like a really stupid and pretentious thing to do if your Jeep never leaves pavement (this in itself should be a crime TBH).
Sponsored

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
Sounds like a really stupid and pretentious thing to do if your Jeep never leaves pavement (this in itself should be a crime TBH).
I don't know, the first thing most people do is get 35's and a 3" lift with no intentions of driving it on anything rougher than a speed bump

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
The Bogger is a mud bog tire. Thatā€™s the only place that it excels. Road manners are horrible. For the poster who suggested Thornbirds, they are crappy in pretty much any terrain. They earned the name Thornturd for a reason. Any of the modern radial MTs would be a better choice than almost any Super Swamper, and Iā€™ve owned 6 different sets: 33 Boggers, 35 Boggers, 33 TSL radials, 36 TSL radials 35 SSRs, and 33 Thornbirds. That was the late 1990s, the tires are pretty much the same today...

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
heh, maybe might as well just go 'all in' and run these.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using Bogger tires for their daily driver? 71h0LST-ZOL._AC_SL1500_
I'm on a couple of facebook forums where as soon as someone posts a new Jeep every starts saying you need 37's. A few weeks later they are asking what they can do to improve gas mileage lol

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm on a couple of facebook forums where as soon as someone posts a new Jeep every starts saying you need 37's. A few weeks later they are asking what they can do to improve gas mileage lol
yep, this is so true.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The Bogger is a mud bog tire. Thatā€™s the only place that it excels. Road manners are horrible. For the poster who suggested Thornbirds, they are crappy in pretty much any terrain. They earned the name Thornturd for a reason. Any of the modern radial MTs would be a better choice than almost any Super Swamper, and Iā€™ve owned 6 different sets: 33 Boggers, 35 Boggers, 33 TSL radials, 36 TSL radials 35 SSRs, and 33 Thornbirds. That was the late 1990s, the tires are pretty much the same today...
That would be me. I guess I should have been more clear. Interco makes the Thornbird for people, like the OP, who rarely venture off pavement but want an aggressively styled tire. The fiberglass and polyester construction won't flat spot nearly as bad as the (stronger) nylon construction of Boggers and TSL's. Here is the info straight off Interco's site:

"The Interco TSL Thornbird is one of the most aggressively designed off-road style tires for light trucks, jeeps and SUVs on the planet, and arguably the best looking one too. The Thornbirdā€™s gnarly 3 stage sidewall lugs (TSL) do not touch highway surfaces but as soon as the tire gets into mud or snow they provide decisive traction in forward or reverse. The intimidating tread design utilizes fiberglass belts under the tread that offers a wide highway contact area, together with polyester body plies contribute to a really smooth comfortable ride you wouldnā€™t expect from such an aggressive tire.

The combination of its unique side-wall lugs and tread design make the Thornbird extremely versatile and comes close to making it two tires in one. Interco Thornbirdā€™s are offered in a variety of sizes combinations that come with either a 6 or 8 play rating (dependent on size combination). Thornbirds were not designed to replace the Bogger or the Super Swamper, but rather to offer the consumer a tire that performs well off and on road. Thornbirds are without a doubt a member of Interco Tire Corporationā€™s legendary tire line-up."

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
That would be me. I guess I should have been more clear. Interco makes the Thornbird for people, like the OP, who rarely venture off pavement but want an aggressively styled tire. The fiberglass and polyester construction won't flat spot nearly as bad as the (stronger) nylon construction of Boggers and TSL's. Here is the info straight off Interco's site:

"The Interco TSL Thornbird is one of the most aggressively designed off-road style tires for light trucks, jeeps and SUVs on the planet, and arguably the best looking one too. The Thornbirdā€™s gnarly 3 stage sidewall lugs (TSL) do not touch highway surfaces but as soon as the tire gets into mud or snow they provide decisive traction in forward or reverse. The intimidating tread design utilizes fiberglass belts under the tread that offers a wide highway contact area, together with polyester body plies contribute to a really smooth comfortable ride you wouldnā€™t expect from such an aggressive tire.

The combination of its unique side-wall lugs and tread design make the Thornbird extremely versatile and comes close to making it two tires in one. Interco Thornbirdā€™s are offered in a variety of sizes combinations that come with either a 6 or 8 play rating (dependent on size combination). Thornbirds were not designed to replace the Bogger or the Super Swamper, but rather to offer the consumer a tire that performs well off and on road. Thornbirds are without a doubt a member of Interco Tire Corporationā€™s legendary tire line-up."
Thatā€™s marketing. They SUCK! Any modern radial AT or standard mud tire from Nitto, BFG, etc. will be better.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Thatā€™s marketing. They SUCK! Any modern radial AT or standard mud tire from Nitto, BFG, etc. will be better.
LOL! We both know that lots of Jeep decisions are based off looks, not performance. Any modern radial will definitely be quieter, last longer and have better traction off road. But I can't think of one that has that gnarly look the OP likes. Judge not...

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I ran S.S.'s on my '50 CJ3a. They had and still have there place. It is just not on my JLR. I liked the look and even like the NDT military tires.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Thats why they built the sport/sahara.
Sponsored