Sponsored

Anyone using Bogger tires for their daily driver?

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I love the look of the interco boggers. Theyd just be my summer tires however my jeep almost never leaves pavement, so my biggest concern is accelerated tire wear from city only driving. Should I be able to get at least 10,000km before I can visibly see the tire wear or are boggers much worse?

thanks.
Sponsored

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
Used to run those on a TJ. They’re terrible on the road. I mean really rough and loud. Can’t say much about wear because I only used them for off-road and boy did they perform well there. Had a trailer I carried them on. Not sure if this helps but that’s all I can tell you.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I dont know why you want Boggers for city driving anyway, but since you live in Alberta, you need to know that Boggers are terrible in snow.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I ran tsl/sx years back on my k5 that was my daily in high school And I still run a set of 43”sx today on my OFF-ROAD Only rig.

One major thing with non radial biased ply tires is they get “ flat spots” after sitting for a day or 2.
This causes a real harsh ride until they get warm and smooth back out.

Yes they’ll wear quicker than normal.
Yes they’ll chop badly if you don’t rotate often.
Yes they’ll be noisy as heck.
Yes this can and will cause premature wear on Steering and drivetrain components if you ignore all of the above.

But yes they are knarly, cool as heck, and will always have their place.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Again
Not boggers but they’re Interco and about as close as it gets.

CF7A1286-AA2F-44B3-AE36-9D7A8BF5B516.jpeg

C93C14E0-1120-4902-A17C-F24606314144.jpeg

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The real question is do you enjoy music? Really load music? Thats the only way you will be listening to it.

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
I would go with an AT if it never leaves the pavement but I did run the TrXus MT on my TJ and they have that swamper look without being miserable on the road. They are also a great winter tire

TrXus_MT_Group_1200x1200_0.png

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Years ago when I was in college and would stay up late drinking I would always be rudely disturbed at 5:37 every morning by the sound of a nasty helicopter hovering just over my bedroom.

Turns out it wasn't a helicopter. I checked! It was the 44" boggers on the brotruck from dude who ran the balloon factory in my town.

Since I'm in Colorado now and have peaceful sleep please don't ruin it with your choppy Alberta boggers.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I ran tsl/sx years back on my k5 that was my daily in high school And I still run a set of 43”sx today on my OFF-ROAD Only rig.

One major thing with non radial biased ply tires is they get “ flat spots” after sitting for a day or 2.
This causes a real harsh ride until they get warm and smooth back out.

Yes they’ll wear quicker than normal.
Yes they’ll chop badly if you don’t rotate often.
Yes they’ll be noisy as heck.
Yes this can and will cause premature wear on Steering and drivetrain components if you ignore all of the above.

But yes they are knarly, cool as heck, and will always have their place.
Never knew about the flat spot issue. This could be a problem since my vehicle sits at home about 20-25 days a month while Im away at work. Is the noise your typical low pitched tire howl? I had 37s on my truck and loved that sound. To me it meant I was driving on a proper set of tires haha

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I would go with an AT if it never leaves the pavement but I did run the TrXus MT on my TJ and they have that swamper look without being miserable on the road. They are also a great winter tire

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using Bogger tires for their daily driver? TrXus_MT_Group_1200x1200_0
I do like the look of those! How were they for picking up rocks? One of the main reasons I want boggers/mudders is because they dont pick up rocks at all. I absolutely refuse to put mudflaps on, so the least I can do is run a tire that isnt like my duratracs where they pick up every pebble on the road.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
20200827_131925.jpg

Yokohama geolander x-mt similar in appearance to a bogger, huge widely spaced tread blocks. Radial so no flat spotting. Much better on the street. Handle fine even at speed, had the cruise control set at 85mph coming back from moab and it gripped right around the tighter turns going through the hills. Loud and choppy at slow speed, but quite and smooth at speed. Wife daily drives it and has no complaints. 0 problems with throwing stones either.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Boggers are probably the worst tire for a daily driver. This is why Interco makes Thornbirds.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Never knew about the flat spot issue. This could be a problem since my vehicle sits at home about 20-25 days a month while Im away at work. Is the noise your typical low pitched tire howl? I had 37s on my truck and loved that sound. To me it meant I was driving on a proper set of tires haha

dude
Any non radial tire will get them, it’s literally like a squared bottom edge.
It would ride like it had squared tires at first, seeing others faces when it started out would be pretty epic at age 18.

83BC5B02-8B2D-498E-9CB9-0745852F2AA4.png

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I ran 42" TSLs on my TJ and they were absolute crap on the road. Flat spots made them ride poorly and wear poorly, plus the noise is incredible. I can only imagine Boggers are the same or worse.

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
I do like the look of those! How were they for picking up rocks? One of the main reasons I want boggers/mudders is because they dont pick up rocks at all. I absolutely refuse to put mudflaps on, so the least I can do is run a tire that isnt like my duratracs where they pick up every pebble on the road.

Not bad at all, they were really a good all around tire other than being pretty heavy. I doubt you are too worried about though considering you were looking at boggers though lol.

I don't have personal experience with these but they also make the SS-M16

M16_Group_1200x1200.png

Interco considers it a hybrid tire but it looks similar to a Bogger. You may want to look into those
Sponsored