Sponsored

Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL?

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I really, really wanted to run these sway bars on my JLR and called them to see what backspacing they recommended. The tech said 4.25" minimum. I pressed for details. Rubicon or Sport? Don't know. What tire width is that for, 12.5"? Don't know.

I was thinking "if you can't be bothered to tell me what it takes to run your product, I can't be bothered to buy it."
Sadly that seems to be standard customer support nowadays.

I think the product itself is awesome!! The cast arms look amazing, the heim joints are great, fit and finish is outstanding. It's a b!t@hin product.

I just find it disappointing that the ONLY place it lists possible fitment issues is the end of a YouTube video- that not everyone may watch.

I'll either swap wheels one of these days and reconnect it or rock no rear bars for a while. Drove around today like that, and honestly couldn't really tell a difference.

Would have been 600 bucks cheaper to just uninstall the stock bar though.
Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I'll either swap wheels one of these days and reconnect it or rock no rear bars for a while. Drove around today like that, and honestly couldn't really tell a difference.

Would have been 600 bucks cheaper to just uninstall the stock bar though.
Not surprised that you wouldn't feel a difference on the road. Wait until you get it all set up and you're driving on trails that have obstacles where opposite corners are suspended and the other opposite corners are hanging. I'll go through sections like that and the Jeep stays level the whole time. Of course, when doing this in extreme cases, it helps to have lockers, since the hanging wheels may have little to no traction and would otherwise be floating in almost mid air.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Not surprised that you wouldn't feel a difference on the road. Wait until you get it all set up and you're driving on trails that have obstacles where opposite corners are suspended and the other opposite corners are hanging. I'll go through sections like that and the Jeep stays level the whole time. Of course, when doing this in extreme cases, it helps to have lockers, since the hanging wheels may have little to no traction and would otherwise be floating in almost mid air.
That is exactly why I wanted them so much. I feel like the FCA engineers got it exactly backwards. I like to have my roll stiffness up front and then let the rear follow.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, don't get me wrong; I look forward to being able to hook it back up! My displeasure with the fitment issues does not make me dislike the product overall. I merely think the proper place to list those issues isn't solely at the end a YouTube video. Had I known about the issue before, I could have planned accordingly and bought/installed the bars after wheels.

I just wanted to advise members on this board because I hadn't read anything about fitment issues myself. I HAD read this thread prior to buying the bars; however, the fitment issues described here are the exact opposite of what I found, and the product was redesigned after this thread so my worries were laid to rest. Now; should one choose to do research, this possible issue will be known.

I emailed Rockjock not because I felt I'm owed anything, but because having never read of any possible fitment issues, I couldn't believe I was the first person to install their product on a sport. I wanted to make sure they knew about the fitment issue so they could list them. It didn't occur to me to watch the YouTube video. The official install instructions were simple enough...

Lockers and gears are next on my install list. I have them in hand and ready to go in, just waiting on the time to install them. I'll just have to reconsider my bronze wheels sooner than I was planning.... 🤔

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS- it woudn't really be a Jeep without SOMETHING zip-tied somewhere.... It feels right now. :CWL:

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Oh, don't get me wrong; I look forward to being able to hook it back up! My displeasure with the fitment issues does not make me dislike the product overall. I merely think the proper place to list those issues isn't solely at the end a YouTube video. Had I known about the issue before, I could have planned accordingly and bought/installed the bars after wheels.

I just wanted to advise members on this board because I hadn't read anything about fitment issues myself. I HAD read this thread prior to buying the bars; however, the fitment issues described here are the exact opposite of what I found, and the product was redesigned after this thread so my worries were laid to rest. Now; should one choose to do research, this possible issue will be known.

I emailed Rockjock not because I felt I'm owed anything, but because having never read of any possible fitment issues, I couldn't believe I was the first person to install their product on a sport. I wanted to make sure they knew about the fitment issue so they could list them. It didn't occur to me to watch the YouTube video. The official install instructions were simple enough...

Lockers and gears are next on my install list. I have them in hand and ready to go in, just waiting on the time to install them. I'll just have to reconsider my bronze wheels sooner than I was planning.... 🤔
I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but I was also rather displeased with their customer service after I bent both rear arms (before the cast ones) after a day of wheeling. The tech guy was useless and trying to blame my rear track bar and then dancing around trying to blame other stuff. Then after another e-mail to a few other people at the company, I got new, improved arms that suddenly became available.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but I was also rather displeased with their customer service after I bent both rear arms (before the cast ones) after a day of wheeling. The tech guy was useless and trying to blame my rear track bar and then dancing around trying to blame other stuff. Then after another e-mail to a few other people at the company, I got new, improved arms that suddenly became available.
You know, I've come to the conclusion that it's not whether or not a product has issues, it's how well the company handles those issues that counts...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a front and rear antirock setup due to be shipped from currie any day now. I opted for the chromoly arms, over the aluminum, because I'd rather have the extra weight but the peace of mind in knowing that the splines won't get stripped out. Not at all saying that would happen to the aluminum arms, just what popped to mind when I had to choose.

What drove me towards getting them is the factory rear bar is hitting the underside of the frame right before full stuff. And up front, I currently have the Rock Krawler no limits links on my factory edisconnect bar, which is great in how it's Johnny joints don't limit full flex. Problem is that I opted for their shorter length pair, and when fully extended it isn't long enough. Instead of getting another $300 pair of longer ones, I'd rather just reach a bit deeper in my pocket and have a well balanced ride with matching antirocks on both ends of the Jeep. Also, I'll be able to ditch both the sway bar disconnect motor assy and the lower bumper skid plate that protects it, so I'll shave some weight and add a touch of approach angle.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just took my Jeep off road today with the new Antirock front (and rear disconnected.)

It handled outstanding! Much better than the stock, non-disconnectable bars. Articulated better and it wasn't nearly as jarring. Night and day difference.

Looking forward to reconnecting the rear Antirock.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I just installed a set of front and rear AnitRocks on my JL. Sure, when you first put them on and drive on the street, it feels a little strange. I was just about to depart on a 2,700 mile road trip through Utah (including Moab and Sand Hollow), I was initially concerned about the drive ability. The second time I drove it, it felt totally normal and fine.

I really liked the stability during all of our offroad runs, and the articulation was great. All in all, I really liked how well the Jeep performed on the trip.
Just before the last day of wheeling, I stopped by American Adventure Labs to see about fitting their rear fender liners with the AntiRocks. At that time, it appeared the bars were slightly bent inward, and there was about 3/4" between the linkage arm nut and the frame. With this, the liners might barely fit. I don't recall the distance from the nuts to the frame after installation.

We went to Sand Hollow and then home. Upon inspection, apparently that last day of wheeling took its toll on the rear arms. They were now very close to the frame with hard marks that they'd been rubbing the frame. The passenger side was apparently hitting the bottom of the body close to the frame. The hardware was still tight. I think the arms are simply too damned flimsy (easy flexed laterally by hand).

I'm still waiting on RockJock (company changed names as of Jan 1) for what to do.

EVO 3.5" lift, 4.5" wheel back spacing, 37s.

Rear Driver AntiRock.jpg

Rear Pass AntiRock.jpg
thanks for posting this helped me

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a rear tire to sway link clearance pic of my JLUR with front and rear Antirocks. I opted for the chromoly arms. The tire in this pic is 38x13.5 and the wheel is 17x9 with -12mm offset and 4.53" backspace. The Jeep is sitting level at normal ride height with the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20210816_140413

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
Getting front and rear for my Frankenstein 2dr JL Sport S (rubicon rear and UD44 front). I’ll report back once on and tested (knowing me, in a couple months). 👍🏻

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Getting front and rear for my Frankenstein 2dr JL Sport S (rubicon rear and UD44 front). I’ll report back once on and tested (knowing me, in a couple months). 👍🏻
You will really like them. I sure do.

Snug

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Here's a rear tire to sway link clearance pic of my JLUR with front and rear Antirocks. I opted for the chromoly arms. The tire in this pic is 38x13.5 and the wheel is 17x9 with -12mm offset and 4.53" backspace. The Jeep is sitting level at normal ride height with the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20210816_140413
We have the same setup. Can you tell me What is the length of your links are?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have the same setup. Can you tell me What is the length of your links are?
I don't know the length off hand. Since that post you quoted, I swapped out the 3.5" Metalcloak springs for a set of their new 4.5's. The actual lift height went from 4" to 6". The links are too long, even at the higher ride height, and are limiting uptravel because they hit the aftermarket aluminum fender liners. I'll have to get back to you on that one, but than again, we're at different ride heights now.

My Jeep with 38's and 4" and 40's and 6"...
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20211013_132632
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone using an Antirock Swaybar on their JL? 20220806_091606
Sponsored