Sponsored

Anyone using 35/12.50 or 315/70 all terrains for snow?

rk86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 3.6L
I was originally intending on swapping my stock rubicon KO2's for Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5r17 with the stock Rubicon wheels....I've heard they aren't great in snow, but I'm in VA - probably only see one snow a year in my area. Ridge Grapplers a good bet for year round vs going Duratec for snow I might never see?
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Without snow to worry about you definitely have a lot more options. I've heard a lot of good things about the Ridge Grapplers. I'm not sure if they're any better/worse than the Duratrac, but it rates very well in everything except snow. It's also worth clarifying that the Duratrac is good in other areas too, not just snow. I think one of the biggest appeals to the Duratrac is that it's an aggressive tire that's good in snow, which is uncommon for that segment of tire. Without having to worry about that segment you really do have a lot more options. I think the Ridge Grappler is a great choice based on its ratings.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The Wildpeak AT3W is a great tire. I've got them on my wife's Renegade (not 35's of course), and they'll walk right through the snow. Great tires.

Velo Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler JLU
Mike, I've been reading as many reviews as I can for that tire and they've really got some high marks from almost everyone that I've read.

That size has peaked my interest as I want a 35 for my next set but don't think I need a 12.5 width, and with my thin fender kit keeping the tire edge closer to the body seems like a good plan :) Should still get decent tread contact when airing down for rocky trails too :)

From all I've read they aren't a 3peak snow rated but seem to be geared for good cold weather performance. They have plenty of siping throughout the tread block and the reviews I've been reading say they've been performing well in the wet & the snow.

Another plus in that 35x10.5 size is it's a D-rated vs. all the other Klever R/Ts that are E-rated. Nice that they still have 3ply sidewalls and good sidewall biters. They are a bit on the heavy side at 67lbs, but better than the 35x12.5s @ 73!

Look forward to hearing what you have to say about them, and do you have more pics of them on your Jeep, like straight down the side??

Thanks!
We had snow this week
Mike, I've been reading as many reviews as I can for that tire and they've really got some high marks from almost everyone that I've read.

That size has peaked my interest as I want a 35 for my next set but don't think I need a 12.5 width, and with my thin fender kit keeping the tire edge closer to the body seems like a good plan :) Should still get decent tread contact when airing down for rocky trails too :)

From all I've read they aren't a 3peak snow rated but seem to be geared for good cold weather performance. They have plenty of siping throughout the tread block and the reviews I've been reading say they've been performing well in the wet & the snow.

Another plus in that 35x10.5 size is it's a D-rated vs. all the other Klever R/Ts that are E-rated. Nice that they still have 3ply sidewalls and good sidewall biters. They are a bit on the heavy side at 67lbs, but better than the 35x12.5s @ 73!

Look forward to hearing what you have to say about them, and do you have more pics of them on your Jeep, like straight down the side??

Thanks!
we had snow this week they did fine but they are new with full tread depth.

A4E658F0-6D63-4E05-BFBA-D60E36D098CE.jpeg

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Duratracs on my last three vehicles including a JK and they are the best Ive used for general purpose and snow. Second are the General Grabber Atx (3 peak rated as well). I would put the KO2s in second but after about 8-10k miles they got hard and didn’t fair well in the snow.
Sponsored