Sponsored

Anyone used this tailgate tent with a Jeep?

21SargeJLUR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green
just saw this tailgate tent in a facebook ad and looked it up. Looks like it could be a decent thing to use while out riding/camping. curious if anyone has any experience with it on a Jeep (how it connects to Jeep Glass hatch vs others pictured)
https://amzn.to/2UbEYnT

Or does anyone have any suggestions for other options than this? I've seen one Real cool option but its like $400.. not THAT interested in one!
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
just saw this tailgate tent in a facebook ad and looked it up. Looks like it could be a decent thing to use while out riding/camping. curious if anyone has any experience with it on a Jeep (how it connects to Jeep Glass hatch vs others pictured)
https://amzn.to/2UbEYnT

Or does anyone have any suggestions for other options than this? I've seen one Real cool option but its like $400.. not THAT interested in one!
I don't see why it can't work, but you may have some issues with the rear window acting as the support... not sure.

If you have a roof rack then you can look at a smaller awning like the one below. Works well, easy to setup and pack up.

https://ironman4x4america.com/4-5-instant-awning-with-led-lighting-dimmer/

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone used this tailgate tent with a Jeep? 20201223_141941

BillWorkbench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
the Amazon link you give looks like it would be a joy to set up and use, NOT. I would just get an easy up. Now the one pictured looks like it's easy to set up and put away, but you still need sandbags to keep it down in the wind.

OP
OP
21SargeJLUR

21SargeJLUR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green
the Amazon link you give looks like it would be a joy to set up and use, NOT. I would just get an easy up. Now the one pictured looks like it's easy to set up and put away, but you still need sandbags to keep it down in the wind.
i'm thinking it is best used in a parking lot for football tailgating.. dont think it would hold up.

And not sure if glass will hold it up as well.

OP
OP
21SargeJLUR

21SargeJLUR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the "Rightline" one from Amazon ; it's strictly for a sunshade, tailgating type use. Convenient for flea markets, picnics, stores compactly. A decent value, but not a tent or awning substitute. The glass lift gate holds it up no problem.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i have this one from amazon i've used a couple times. it was nice to have this past weekend since it rained quite a bit while camping. i liked how high the canopy is and it doesn't leave you in that slight hunched position you usually stand under things in. there was also no need for the sandbags, a few guy lines held it fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone used this tailgate tent with a Jeep? sgGzPVf

i'm now considering something more permanent.
Sponsored