Anyone used Carvana?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
At purchase their inspection was basically "does the VIN match and will it start". The person who looked at ours didn't even walk around it to inspect the outside lol

I assume they're more thorough once they get it to their place for the maintenance, cleaning, photos etc
My experiences were the same. The cars I sold were in perfect shape, well under on mileage, and maintained religiously.

It makes me wonder about BUYING a car from them. A relative just sold them a car that needs ball joints replaced. Nothing was said about it, and Carvana didn’t know. Think the next owner might get an unpleasant surprise?
Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
If they are to maintain any kind of reputation, they must have some way of looking for and fixing these things before the vehicle is sold.

I don't see how it could work otherwise.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
My experiences were the same. The cars I sold were in perfect shape, well under on mileage, and maintained religiously.

It makes me wonder about BUYING a car from them. A relative just sold them a car that needs ball joints replaced. Nothing was said about it, and Carvana didn’t know. Think the next owner might get an unpleasant surprise?
I think it's certainly possible things slip through the cracks, but overall I'd hope they look at the stuff pretty closely as they prep it for sale.

At the end of the day if they sell a lot of cars that are junk then they likely won't end up being very successful.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I've also used them twice. I traded my JK a few years back (regrettably) and ended up trading back the car I traded the JK for to get my JL.

Both deals went smooth and I got a really good offer on the trade in when I got my JL. I've wondered if it was because when they ran the VIN they realized it was the same car I bought from them.
Sponsored