Sponsored

Anyone use rhino rack pioneer platform RTT mounts?

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Title sums up question. Wondering if anyone has used these (specifically with a roofnest falcon would be great).

https://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/pro...-deck-pioneer-roof-top-tent-bracket-kit_53101

the mounting channels of my RTT just cant quite line up to the pioneer platform quite right. the offset of these may give me the orientation I need. I've conjured up a couple DIY ideas, but this off the shelf may be easier. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
While not the same RTT, I thought it might give you some ideas. I used superstrut to resolve the mismatch in channels / mounting locations. It is also fairly low profile at less than 3/4" for the superstrut. See the bottom of my post for more info and pics. Most of my DIY turns into a nightmare but this worked exactly right the first time and less than $30 in parts at Home Depot.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/installing-rooftop-tents.68522/page-4#post-1963445

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

Title sums up question. Wondering if anyone has used these (specifically with a roofnest falcon would be great).

https://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/pro...-deck-pioneer-roof-top-tent-bracket-kit_53101

the mounting channels of my RTT just cant quite line up to the pioneer platform quite right. the offset of these may give me the orientation I need. I've conjured up a couple DIY ideas, but this off the shelf may be easier. Thanks in advance.
I have the platform and I don't have a RTT, but I have a Thule w the 'claw' style that this product may be perfect for, thank you!

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
I just bough them to attempt to mount a skycamp 3.0 on my RR pioneer long rack on my JLUR. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sponsored

Waxings

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Tide

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
How do these brackets attach to the Pioneer Platform? Do you have any pictures? Thanks!
Sorry I don’t have any pictures and my iKamper is now on my trailer on a different rack. This Mount doesn’t bolt to the pioneer rack, it’a a clamp that clamps onto the pioneer rack crossbars.

mrpnicolas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I use the rhino rack mounts. I hate them. It leaves a 2-3" gap between the RTT and platform.

psucanary

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can you just drill new holes in the RTT and move one rail (or both) to coincide with slat-spread on the RR Platform. That was my answer in mounting my CVT (pioneer=Traditional RTT).. Been years and no issue. I take it off after each trip, prob 5x per year. . Sometimes folks only need to move one rail a few inches, I moved both to align and keep 100% centered. I'm sure not an answer for all RTTs...
Sponsored