Sponsored

Anyone use JPeggz mirror/foot peg when going doorless?

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Has anyone tried the JPeggz mirror and foot peg combo when they take there doors off? $159.00 looks like a decent price compared to some of the others. They have a demo video showing no vibration in the mirror at 90mph. It also gives you a foot peg if you want to stick your foot out.

https://www.jpeggz.com/
Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
Has anyone tried the JPeggz mirror and foot peg combo when they take there doors off? $159.00 looks like a decent price compared to some of the others. They have a demo video showing no vibration in the mirror at 90mph. It also gives you a foot peg if you want to stick your foot out.

https://www.jpeggz.com/
I don’t have these ones but the aero piece is kind of ugly to me.
I have these
https://www.kikbaxoffroad.com/products/model/wrangler_jljlu
I bought these for my JK and had to modified them slightly to fit the JL. They are very simple and I like they way they look better than the Jpeggz ones

Nicksdiner68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara 86 Cj7 68 C10 72 240z
Love these mirrors.
Solid and excellent view on both sides. Nearly no vibration with 37s and foot peg is very comfy.

20200324_154635.jpg

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I had JPeggz for a while but had 2 issues:

(1) They whistled. No matter what tweaks I made, the wind whistling was very pronounced and I just couldn’t get past it
(2) My front door hinges became misaligned, to the point that when I would put the full doors back on, there was a bit of a gap. I can’t say with 100% certainty this was caused by the JPeggz, but I’m almost positive they were the culprit. After realigning the hinges and discontinuing the use of the JPeggz, I have not had any issues.

Nicksdiner68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had JPeggz for a while but had 2 issues:

(1) They whistled. No matter what tweaks I made, the wind whistling was very pronounced and I just couldn’t get past it
(2) My front door hinges became misaligned, to the point that when I would put the full doors back on, there was a bit of a gap. I can’t say with 100% certainty this was caused by the JPeggz, but I’m almost positive they were the culprit. After realigning the hinges and discontinuing the use of the JPeggz, I have not had any issues.
I have not put my doors back on since I added the Pegz. Curious where is the gap? When door is shut or putting the doors back on?
Sorry you had issues. Any more feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sponsored

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab

Nicksdiner68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s a link to the thread I started when I was having hinge alignment issues...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bottom-hinges-“out-of-alignment”-on-front-doors.33146/
I appreciate the link. After 4 weeks with the Jpeggz and no doors I was relieved that the front doors went on without any issues or gaps. As far as my overall experience so far were very good. Excellent Visibility, solid quality and finish, passenger side very low whistle but not obnoxious. I finally get to enjoy foot peg. After 7 jeeps in over 30 years my first automatic.
Hope this helps and thanks again.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
I recently replaced my crappy mirrors with Jpeggz. The passenger side whistled and it was annoying me. After trying some adjustments that didn't work, I found an old thread where someone fixed it with electrical tape, different mirror though..I did this and it went completely away. Funny that the driver's side doesn't whistle.

See post #8 with pic. "It is the seam of black rubber around the edge, where it meets the metal side of the mirror that I found to be the culprit.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/quick-release-mirrors-whistling-suggestion.1458362/

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I've had my Jpeggz for over a year now with no door hinge issues. I wonder if the hinges were already loose on the jeeps that people have had issues with.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Whistling now comes and goes. It's not bad. Sometimes the driver's side does it. Just turn up the music and you won't even notice it.
Sponsored