OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
I went and looked at those Kiwi light, might be a good option, at least they are 9 inch and not converted overpriced 7 inch bulbs. Will require more work to install but if done well that would be a one time investment in time. I you go with those let me know how they workout, the bulbs are a simple intstall and I have been quite pleased with them. They as well are very bright.
Sponsored

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
I went and looked at those Kiwi light, might be a good option, at least they are 9 inch and not converted overpriced 7 inch bulbs. Will require more work to install but if done well that would be a one time investment in time. I you go with those let me know how they workout, the bulbs are a simple intstall and I have been quite pleased with them. They as well are very bright.
I ordered the bulbs today. If they don’t pan out, I’ll go that route. I do like the look of the Kiwi lights with the halos though.

Village Idiot

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]The h13 bulbs seem to go in only 1 way. I tried rotating the beamtechs to see if they would go in more than one way, but no. So you can’t screw it up too bad.

5E1C05BB-A13E-44BD-A008-E48EB6C0C64F.jpeg

Village Idiot

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The led fogs don’t need a resistor, I’m pretty sure. Only some led turn signal bulbs do.

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
Do you still like your Beamtech 10,000 luments? Also, do you remember what fog lights bulbs you have? I just ordered the Beamtechs, and now I'm trying to find some fog led bulbs that will match in color. It looks like yours match up pretty well.

Sponsored

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
Just ordered these Beamtechs (10,000 Lumens). Do any of you have fog lights that match well with the color of these headlight bulbs?

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
Ok, so I installed the BEAMTECH bulbs in my JLU and in my Tacoma. Did the adjustments on both and took them out to test. I am blown away in the Tacoma, but a little underwhelmed in the JLU.

Started thinking about possibilities of why this was. I think that because of the height difference in them, and both of them aimed at 3’ at 25’, the light from the JLU doesn’t travel as far out as the Tacoma before hitting the ground.

The Tacoma is 2wd and stock height. The JLU has 2.5” lift on 33’s. Also made me wonder if the stock rake may play a part in the headlight design. Does any of this seem plausible?

Village Idiot

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The led bulbs I bought for the rubicon / Sahara to replace the halogen daytime running lights are on amazon and probably the same as the ones oracle sells you as they have the same issues. mine work only when headlights are off. I even tried changing settings and region using taser jl but no luck. They work and they are bright, but not on with headlights ever. Not sure what stock halogens would do?

7440 7443 LED Brake Lights Bulbs Super Bright T20 Wedge LED 7440 7443 Bulb 18SMD 5050 Chipset W21W 7443 7440 Brake Light Lamp Replacement for Cars Trucks Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XXZ2ZMH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Pq2iEb7RX5R3Z

NTLV

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Rubicon
Occupation
VIP Host Nightlife
Vehicle Showcase
These Bulbs are amazing.

Makes me think I wont even be purchasing the Oracle oculus headlights anymore. May just add the HD Halo kit from @Diode Dynamics. Installation was relatively simple although my grille tabs were a pain to pull out. Took about 45 minutes to install and I have the 2.0l FYI. Haven’t had to adjust them at all and no flashing from other cars.

Just a word of advice, when removing the bulbs take out the factory seal and use the one already installed on the beam tech bulbs, this will allow you more room for the fan to fit in the hosing when you seal it up because it is a bit thinner. i tested to make sure the hosing back did not impeach the fan and it definitely does not. Have used them for a couple nights now without any problems. No lights on dash, nothing. Easily the best upgrade you can do to me personally, because i think it looks a bit ridiculous that a 2018 and newer car does not have bright lights. Makes the car look old with yellow halogens.

08C6D4F4-A0A3-48FF-90F2-EF3B694E1B35.jpeg

D3816C8D-754F-4F72-8493-0342D0396F7A.jpeg

BC87323C-BB0F-4988-AA26-21CDB598DEC3.jpeg

7159E29A-7591-439A-AF28-B527E0DAD2FA.jpeg

Iwantfullauto

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I just installed the beamtech headlights and some fog lights someone suggested in this thread. They are great, so much better then my stock lights. Installation was kind of a pain because my winch would not let me fully remove my grill. Other then that they are great. I still need to adjust the head lights so I don't blind anyone.

Sponsored

GrandIllusion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2017 F350, 2013 Fiesta, 1976 Gran Torino, Starsky & Hutch Ltd. Edition
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I just installed the beamtech headlights and some fog lights someone suggested in this thread. They are great, so much better then my stock lights. Installation was kind of a pain because my winch would not let me fully remove my grill. Other then that they are great. I still need to adjust the head lights so I don't blind anyone.
I just installed these beamtech bulbs and mine make a constant fan noise that is very noticeable when jeep is off. Is this normal? Here it is:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just installed these beamtech bulbs and mine make a constant fan noise that is very noticeable when jeep is off. Is this normal?
Your headlights are on in the video, so the fans on the Beamtech bulbs will be on. What happens when you turn the headlights off?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Your headlights are on in the video, so the fans on the Beamtech bulbs will be on. What happens when you turn the headlights off?
When I turn the headlights off, it obviously turns the lights and fan off. Does the fan run continuously when the headlights are on? It's pretty loud and annoying.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It obviously turns the fan and lights off. Does the fan run continuously when the headlights are on? It's pretty loud and annoying
I was simply asking if the fans still run if the lights were off, as that would indicate an issue. And, answering your question, yes the fans run when the headlights are on to keep them cool. That's what the fans are for. If you don't like the running fans, go with the fanless Beamtechs:

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Hea...mely-Conversion/dp/B06XHCQ8KY?ref_=ast_bbp_dp
Sponsored

Last edited: