OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
A little update on the two JLUR that I am running the beamtechs on, i still love them, no problems throught the winter, we tend to get drier snow here but no problems icing up and not being able to see, not saying they wont ice up but was never a problem for me. some one asked about the light fan running after turning off the jeep and yes they do for a few seconds and yes its mildly annoying but not $900 dollars worth of annoying to me and not nearly as annoying as the stock halogens for me. Once adjusted properly I have had no problems with being flashed and have managed to miss all the deer on the sides of the road trying to sabatoge me. I would definately buy again. I have since put on a ARB bumper and winch so accessing certainly may be more of a challenge to remove the grill, hopefully dont have to deal with that for awhile. Have fun and stay safe.
Sponsored

Olsonpolson

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I can’t get the dust cover on with the 8k lumens on my 2020 jl. Help

NTLV

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Rubicon
Occupation
VIP Host Nightlife
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t get the dust cover on with the 8k lumens on my 2020 jl. Help
Try wrapping the cord better. I have the 10k lumen with the fan and they fit just barely and are bigger than the 8k lumen model. You have to kind of wrap it. One issue I had also was the red seals of the light. Make sure you don’t accidentally have two on. (One wrapped on the new bulb and one from the old one

Olsonpolson

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Try wrapping the cord better. I have the 10k lumen with the fan and they fit just barely and are bigger than the 8k lumen model. You have to kind of wrap it. One issue I had also was the red seals of the light. Make sure you don’t accidentally have two on. (One wrapped on the new bulb and one from the old one
I figured it out, i kind of just shoved it to the side by the black part that comes out and just gave it a good shove and did end up getting it right after posting, but thank you!

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Here’s a tip for anyone who has installed these Beamtech LED headlights: Confirm that your LED is positioned vertically, and the emitters are pointing horizontally. See pics below.

I’ve seen some posters on here mention: “make sure it’s clocked correctly”. This confused me at first, because the unit itself has three plastic locators - one of which is larger than the other two - and these fit into corresponding notches in the reflective housing. In other words, there is only one way to install the unit. HOWEVER, there may still be an adjustment that you will need to make - if yours is like mine - and wasn’t adjusted correctly at the factory.

The poorly translated directions do not explain how to make this adjustment. The tiny Allen wrench was the key (sorry for the pun) for me in figuring it out.

Here is one of my LEDs that happened to be adjusted correctly - right out of the box:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone use Beamtech H13, 10k lumen hi/lo 9008 bulb in Halogen housing 85FDF19E-FE03-46FE-9488-C10535445785

And here is the other one, that was skewed, right out of the box:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone use Beamtech H13, 10k lumen hi/lo 9008 bulb in Halogen housing 895239DD-1090-4214-9BE8-0318CBB46661

And here is a pic that shows the tiny Allen bolt that must be removed, then reinstalled, after you spin the black plastic collar. There are about 8 holes around that circular collar - so you can dial-in where you want the emitters to sit - since it only installs one way with those three locators:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone use Beamtech H13, 10k lumen hi/lo 9008 bulb in Halogen housing F9623717-6495-4C13-BC14-916C63A6EBA1

Making this change definitely improved the light pattern for me. Hopefully it helps someone else, because I read somewhere on this forum that these cannot be adjusted - which is not correct!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
Here’s a tip for anyone who has installed these Beamtech LED headlights: Confirm that your LED is positioned vertically, and the emitters are pointing horizontally. See pics below.

I’ve seen some posters on here mention: “make sure it’s clocked correctly”. This confused me at first, because the unit itself has three plastic locators - one of which is larger than the other two - and these fit into corresponding notches in the reflective housing. In other words, there is only one way to install the unit. HOWEVER, there may still be an adjustment that you will need to make - if yours is like mine - and wasn’t adjusted correctly at the factory.

The poorly translated directions do not explain how to make this adjustment. The tiny Allen wrench was the key (sorry for the pun) for me in figuring it out.

Here is one of my LEDs that happened to be adjusted correctly - right out of the box:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone use Beamtech H13, 10k lumen hi/lo 9008 bulb in Halogen housing F9623717-6495-4C13-BC14-916C63A6EBA1

And here is the other one, that was skewed, right out of the box:

And here is a pic that shows the tiny Allen bolt that must be removed, in order to spin the black plastic collar. There are about 8 holes around that circular collar - so you can dial-in where you want the emitters to sit - since it only installs one way with those three locators:

Making this change definitely improved the light pattern for me. Hopefully it helps someone else, because I read somewhere on this forum that these cannot be adjusted - which is not correct!
Thank you for this! I found this thread while researching some LED options for the Jeep. Installed these yesterday and did have to adjust one of them. I haven't had a chance to take them out at night and adjust, but just seeing them in the garage shows a world of difference from the halogens.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Beware of the non-fanned Beamtech units: Although I have not had any reliability issues with my Beamtech bulbs in very light use after a few months, the bulb has become somewhat loose in the reflector socket. I don't know if either the plastic from the reflector or bulb has softened or the gasket has flattened a bit...but they're definitely wiggly now and that affects the beam position.
I have been running the non fanned ones in my Sahara since Feb 2019 and have noticed no issues, I have not taken them out to inspect but the beam pattern looks the same as it did when I put them in 2 years ago.

Here are the ones I’m running https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Z48R1BHFH3BAYJVHXKC8

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
I have been running the non fanned ones in my Sahara since Feb 2019 and have noticed no issues, I have not taken them out to inspect but the beam pattern looks the same as it did when I put them in 2 years ago.

Here are the ones I’m running https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Z48R1BHFH3BAYJVHXKC8
OK. I found out one of the assembly (not adjustment) screws had backed out. I tighted it back up and it seemed to remove most of the wiggle.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Edslittleworld here is my front end with all LED’s …took some testing to find bulbs that worked but pretty slim investment compared to the factory cost…I think my total investment for all LED’s on the front end including the CREE light bar is less than $250

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I buy all my automotive LED bulbs from China/Alibaba/AliExpress. You pay a fraction of the cost of the US mark-up for bulbs made in the same place. If you look at where your bulbs are made, most of them are made in China anyways. You wait a little longer for shipping, but

I bought a pair of H13 bulbs from China 2 years ago for my old 2016 Patriot, just installed them in my Wrangler JL and they still work. Idk about now, but Beamtech used to be a China/Alibaba brand. I payed $10 w/ free shipping back then.

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Not Beamtech, but I just installed a set of Sealight H13/9008 LED bulbs from AMAZON. Holy crapstick! Super simple to install, and a HUGE improvement over the stock halogens. These ones are fanless, and everything fit easily into the housing. They were clocked properly from the factory, literally nothing to do but install them into the housings. Highly recommended. Oh, and no error messages!

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
Just an update, still running these and over 60k miles and not a glitch for my jeep or my wifes

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Resurrecting an old thread. Bought a set of the Beamtech 8000 bulbs and tried installing them today. Granted, it's easy to do but for some reason the "ears" on the Beamtech bulbs didn't create enough tension to hold them in place. I looked through the front and could see that the ears were all the way against the stops so they couldn't go any further. I also swapped out the gaskets with the ones from the halogen bulbs in case the OEM gaskets were thicker and provided the needed tension. Nope, they were still lose. When I put the plug on the back of the bulb just the weight/tension of the wiring harness twisted the bulb out of position. Am I doing something wrong or did I just get a defective set?
Sponsored