Sponsored

Anyone Tried These to Save Space?

XJConvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUW; 23 DR650; 89 TW200
All you naysayers talking about "angles" and "coming down hard on the bumper" and "things sticking out on the trail"...

I say put one each on your front and rear hitches, deployed in shovel mode, and just go back and forth a bunch when you need to dig yourself out!

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel FarOut
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of people like to save space when they are out on the trail and camping etc. I saw this item at the below link and figured maybe someone has tried it. If not, maybe someone would think it was a great idea etc.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1217985899/tow-hitch-step-multi-tool-4x4-camping?click_key=4f7d384a7a4079245ba60d94e4dca464b5ad7202:1217985899&click_sum=149ec0b3&ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1&sts=1
Im hesitant to buy anything from Etsy or Shopify being sold by a non-brand name seller. They usually don't have great QC and quality can vary from one item to the next. Also, alot of times, they're ordering this stuff from China and having it rebranded with their stuff and reselling it.

Plus, you dont need an extra 2-3 feet hanging off your ass on the trail. Thats a great way to drop off a rock or a ledge and slam into it, potentially breaking your hitch, bumper and possibly even bending it up into the rear swing gate.

MrBill1963

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler JLU Willys
I know a lot of people like to save space when they are out on the trail and camping etc. I saw this item at the below link and figured maybe someone has tried it. If not, maybe someone would think it was a great idea etc.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1217985899/tow-hitch-step-multi-tool-4x4-camping?click_key=4f7d384a7a4079245ba60d94e4dca464b5ad7202:1217985899&click_sum=149ec0b3&ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1&sts=1
Thanks Byrd8 for the heads up. The problem with all forums are the flamers. You thought it looked like a product others would be interested in. To all the flamers, if you haven't got anything good to say, stay off your keyboard. If you don't like it, move on.

Sponsored

jadmt

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 wrangler rubicon w/AEV 2.5 dualsport lift
I've had multiple people make fun of my shovel, but if any of them need a shovel on the trail EVERYONE asks to borrow mine. Yes, after a single comment I give them a hard time for it.

20230916_110554.jpg
looks like yours is a real shovel, with a real handle tho.....something that can actually be used to dig.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I think this product is a knockoff of another brands possibly? I can't remember what the company was that originally found this on, and I want to say that one was American made. I'd have to do some digging (HA).

Thanks Byrd8 for the heads up. The problem with all forums are the flamers. You thought it looked like a product others would be interested in. To all the flamers, if you haven't got anything good to say, stay off your keyboard. If you don't like it, move on.
No one is flaming the OP, they're commenting on the product and having a discussion.

Mighty aggressive second post sir.

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Sarge Green JLU Willys
Wow. Flamers. Ouch.

look at who just tossed a 5 gallon gas can into the fire.

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
This looks rather handy. I can imagine a few of the tools would be useful to have in the field when you don't have any full size tools available like Reinen.

They have a website where they list more info. @OrneryBear, it looks like this could be the original you're thinking of, since they seem to be based out of Cali.

Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
This looks rather handy. I can imagine a few of the tools would be useful to have in the field when you don't have any full size tools available like Reinen.

They have a website where they list more info. @OrneryBear, it looks like this could be the original you're thinking of, since they seem to be based out of Cali.
ahh yah, I think that is it, and that is the original product I saw, so it looks like it's just their etsy store then, or someone pretending to be them?

I definitely thought about getting one of these for my brother in law for his bronco. He doesn't do any rock crawling but a massive amount of overlanding/camping to really remote places, so I could see him getting a lot of use out of this thing if it holds up well.

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
ahh yah, I think that is it, and that is the original product I saw, so it looks like it's just their etsy store then, or someone pretending to be them?

I definitely thought about getting one of these for my brother in law for his bronco. He doesn't do any rock crawling but a massive amount of overlanding/camping to really remote places, so I could see him getting a lot of use out of this thing if it holds up well.
On initial inspection it looks like the etsy page is theirs since it ships from Santa Clara, which is in the same area code as they list on their website (408). Despite that I tend to order directly when possible to avoid middle men. It's the same reason I still call restaurants to place an order instead of using any of those 3rd party platforms. Why take some money away from my local establishment to pay some tech company?

I don't think I'll need these tools in the next few months, so I'll probably keep an eye on it to see if they offer any sales. If you do pick one up for your BIL, let us know what you or he thinks of it.

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
would really change your departure angle. I already hit the hitch post so sure this would be destroyed is short order.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
looks like yours is a real shovel, with a real handle tho.....something that can actually be used to dig.
In Utah you're primarily dealing with rocks and need the leverage. As I see it, it takes up zero space where it is.