Sponsored

Anyone tried the AFE Scorcher tuner for the JL?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
That’s something I’ve been looking at, I put on a AFE CAI and my mileage dropped, not because of it, just made my right foot a little heavier due to how it sounds
If you do go for it, please let us know how it turns out

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
I've thought about adding one of these power tuners but I think you need to start using 93 octane fuel to get these results. I like using 87 given the price difference around here. The details don't say but have you asked?

This does provide a good boost in power but is pricey given the lack of other features like the Superchips tuners provide. Once they come out with a flachpaq for the JL you have another option around the same price with additional features.

OP
OP
offcamber

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
  • Banned
I've thought about adding one of these power tuners but I think you need to start using 93 octane fuel to get these results. I like using 87 given the price difference around here. The details don't say but have you asked?

This does provide a good boost in power but is pricey given the lack of other features like the Superchips tuners provide. Once they come out with a flachpaq for the JL you have another option around the same price with additional features.
I already have the Tazer JL so I don't need the programmer for other stuff. Also, if you'll notice, Superchips rarely gives numbers for their Jeep tuners. It's because they really do absolutely nothing. I had the Traildash 2 for my 2012 JK. Over a period of two months, I tested every tune it offered. I didn't dyno test them, but we did use a controlled stretch of road and pretty accurate accelerameter testers to time the acceleration. They all felt quicker because it essentially does what a pedal commander does and remaps the pedal so it feels faster, but none of them turned a measurably faster 0-60 or 1/4 mile time. I probably won't waste money on the AFE tuner either, but I was curious if anyone had tried it to see if it was all smoke and mirrors too...

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The dyno charts show 5 HP, so where do they get the 18 HP claim? Peak to peak or through the curve? Hmm...

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The dyno charts show 5 HP, so where do they get the 18 HP claim? Peak to peak or through the curve? Hmm...
Average of scorcher HP - Average of baseline at 5500 RPM - their Jeep also had a momentum
Average of Scorcher HP - average of baseline horsepower at 5500rpm - they also had a momentum pro GT5 intake and hituck cat back exhaust system. $360 for scorcher, $460 for CAI and $500 for exhaust - $1320 to gain about 17HP at 5500HP think I will pass.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Average of Scorcher HP - average of baseline horsepower at 5500rpm - they also had a momentum pro GT5 intake and hituck cat back exhaust system. $360 for scorcher, $460 for CAI and $500 for exhaust - $1320 to gain about 17HP at 5500HP think I will pass.
Yes, spending about $77.65 per horsepower at an rpm range in which you'll seldom be operating at for more than a few seconds is a no-brainer.
Sponsored