Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...a-clearlidz-top-or-variant.59149/post-1319098

I was debating with myself about getting a Clearlidz top this past Thanksgiving, with hopes that a Black Friday deal and 0% APR Affirm financing would help convince me, but the Black Friday deal never happened, and I used that money to buy Affirm stock when they went public, recently.

I'm still intrigued by a Clearlidz roof, though. In the 90s I had a Camaro, and in the naughts, I had a Corvette, and these cars had clear roofs, which I really appreciated.
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I like the idea but a little to pricey for me.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
$1,300?!
**** no!!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i first saw it on sam's garage tv show. he showed how well its built and how strong it is, etc. i kinda like it. but not paying $1300 for it.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
These are pricey because they are made with the same material Jet fighter canopies use, according to the website. This means UV and heat blocking, non - shattering, lightweight.
Are they worth the price ? Yes. Can I justify it ? Not yet
Not really. They are pricey because a mold that size and the machine to produce it on is extremely expensive and the volume they actually sell is very low. The material itself isn't that expensive relative to the cost, and calling it proprietary is a stretch. Any secondary operations like drilling holes and mounting hardware also add to the costs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Question about this product....?

I noticed a center forward latching mechanism. My 2 JL Freedom Panels each clip once near the windshield.

Is the device using those factory latches, plus one of its own in the middle, or providing 3 all new latching points?

What gives?

Thanks.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
How are the noise levels on the highway compared to the OEM hardtop?
I’d same the same as the hardtop. No leaks (knock on wood) it’s definitely good quality.

C-Nicely77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willys
I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. Pricey. Yes. My thoughts are after watching review it will last a good while. Needed an option for fall and winter when I ha e to put the top back on. Could be really cool so figured why not

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. Pricey. Yes. My thoughts are after watching review it will last a good while. Needed an option for fall and winter when I ha e to put the top back on. Could be really cool so figured why not
Please let us know your thoughts when you get to use them. I'm thinking of getting them but if I do, I'll probably wait till the fall. I usually put my soft top on in March.

KingCorgi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD
I am seriously considering one if a good sale comes along. I only wish it was flat instead of having those ridges.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

that is an awesome product. pricey but i can understand with the cost of materials and making it. would be sick if they could do the entire roof, like a glass roof mustang. but i cant imagine how much that would cost if this is $1300 just for the front panels.

id be so nervous about tree branches scratching these while off roading lol. or bird crap (probably not an issue).

these are awesome though. kudos to the company that produces them. thank you for being innovative and bringing out cool shit! people spend just as much $ on other unnecessary things for their vehicles lol, why not this? if i had a hardtop id seriously consider it.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I'm interested, but haven't seen any long term reviews yet. Because they're acrylic, I'm worried they'll cloud up after a few years. Also looked at JeeTops, but have seen a review with cracks and leaks, big concerns there. FCA should step up and offer something, it's not like they won't make any money from it....

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...a-clearlidz-top-or-variant.59149/post-1319098

I was debating with myself about getting a Clearlidz top this past Thanksgiving, with hopes that a Black Friday deal and 0% APR Affirm financing would help convince me, but the Black Friday deal never happened, and I used that money to buy Affirm stock when they went public, recently.

I'm still intrigued by a Clearlidz roof, though. In the 90s I had a Camaro, and in the naughts, I had a Corvette, and these cars had clear roofs, which I really appreciated.
I'm liking it so far. Changes the feel of the interior completely. Adds more headroom, tons of light, and just feels more open.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone tried Clear Roof Panels? lids2
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone tried Clear Roof Panels? lids3
Sponsored