Sponsored

Anyone towed anything with their JL yet?

Mjc0010

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am curious as to how it responded while towing compared to the JKU or other towing experiences. Towing a boat to and from the lake would most likely be the extent of what I want to do with it. Any input from those that have already received their JLU?
Sponsored

Last edited:

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I am curious as to how it responded while towing compared to the JK or other towing experiences. Towing a boat to and from the lake would most likely be the extent of what I want to do with it. Any input from those that have already received their JL?
also interested in this. i’ll be towing a trailer sometimes..

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Tacoma, 04 Sienna, 06 Suzuki Boulevard
Occupation
Healthcare
+1

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I plan to tow my bass boat Monday, will let you know

Sponsored

jeffrey4x4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLSTC
+1

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I put a dirtbike on a hitch and it did great. ~300 lbs on the receiver. JLUR has been averaging 18ish MPG, dropped about 1 MPG with the bike on the back.
Johnnyjeep, please tell me what carrier you used. I've been looking at this one for it's lightness - https://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-carrier/p/AMC-400/

Just not sure about clearing the back spare. Please oh please let me know what you have. I plan to put my dual sport on the back and it will be about 340 with the weight of the ramp too.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Does the Factory Tow/Haul Pkg. include an integrated brake controller?

johnnyjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
Johnnyjeep, please tell me what carrier you used. I've been looking at this one for it's lightness - https://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-carrier/p/AMC-400/

Just not sure about clearing the back spare. Please oh please let me know what you have. I plan to put my dual sport on the back and it will be about 340 with the weight of the ramp too.
In case you don’t see my post in the other thread, it is a black widow brand carrier.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
OP: something tells me that the "huge Soft Top Box that Dual Top Owners get" doesn't make your list of towable things...agreed?....I mean not unless you move it on to a carrier towed by the rig so your dog/kids don't have to sit on the roof on the ride home from the dealer: Mitt Romneyessque style.....

OP
OP

Mjc0010

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
OP: something tells me that the "huge Soft Top Box that Dual Top Owners get" doesn't make your list of towable things...agreed?....I mean not unless you move it on to a carrier towed by the rig so your dog/kids don't have to sit on the roof on the ride home from the dealer: Mitt Romneyessque style.....
Ha. Agreed. I was hoping to see how it responds when pulling a boat, or utility trailer, or small camper, or something on it's own wheels. Eventually someone on this forum will make a big trip pulling something close to the 3,500 lb limit and let us know how their jlu does. Im still a ways away from getting one but just want to know how it pulls a load and reacts.
Sponsored