Sponsored

Anyone towed anything with their JL yet?

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would also add be sure it is a factory installation, so you as lso get the extra radiator. I too pull a boat od that size along with an 8 x 10 ft. Aluminum trailer which towes my 2 up snowmobile around 450 lbs, with ice shanty and ice finishing equipment. I also put a hitch on the front end, which makes parking the trailers in the garage up in the Nort woods.

FACTORY INSTALLED.
Sponsored

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I would also add be sure it is a factory installation, so you as lso get the extra radiator. I too pull a boat od that size along with an 8 x 10 ft. Aluminum trailer which towes my 2 up snowmobile around 450 lbs, with ice shanty and ice finishing equipment. I also put a hitch on the front end, which makes parking the trailers in the garage up in the Nort woods.

FACTORY INSTALLED.
Would definitely be a factory installed setup.

I know the tow package doesn't include the trailer brake, but can you get that as a third party install through the dealership? Is there any difference between one they would add and one added by a Jeep special shop?

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Also, anyone know/notice a difference between Towing with automatic vs manual?

AmericanMule

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Bright White 3.6L
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I towed a 5x10 trailer from California to Chicago. The JL Rubicon 3.6L handled great. Of course as expected it guzzled the fuel. Don’t plan on doing it again. But as far as the handling it did great. Those were the first heavy miles I put on it.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
I towed two jet skis on a dual trailer and handled great! Didn’t see 8th gear but didn’t expect to.

Sponsored

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've done my M1102 HMMWV trailer a couple of times for home depot runs, recycling center runs, firewood pickup, etc.... It has surge brakes, a slightly higher tongue and weight wise just seems to mate perfectly to the JLU.

MrMora

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Carpenter
100DEEFC-F477-44A6-87F4-DAFC3D4A56D4.jpeg

Just pulled this 25’ Tritoon to Lake Havasu it is about 245 miles one way it pulled it with no problems boat and trailer combined is 4200 lbs it did guzzled gas but expected it was

Last edited:

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Towed this on the weekend 200km each way to the Mountains in Quebec. Dry weight is approx 1700lbs, the way we were loaded up including all gear in Jeep and accessories(winch etc) probably 2400lbs. Most of the way Transmission was in 7th dropping to 6 and 5 on big hills. Engine never struggled and was very easy to pull. MPG took about a 20% hit over normal.

6FC095BD-24FB-4322-B127-418B587232C5.jpeg

Reactions: aai

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just towed a 5x10 trailer with my ATV on it. I have the 6sp. I was NOT impressed. I just came from an auto/HEMI, but the Jeep seems to be a bit of a dog after 3rd. After i lift/wheels/tires, i assume it will only get worse (possibly), until a re-gear. For those of you saying that you have no bad feedback towing large things, you must have an auto. I'm nearly regretting my 6sp for this reason only.

Sponsored

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have an auto and I was really surprised how easy it pulled and I was in some very hilly areas.

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When the Wife and Kid Come with me my JL pushes our motorhome. But when me and my Dog head to the bush. Or overland trip I pull a hard wall Pop up trailer.
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
Sponsored