Anyone tint fender lights?

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
I have non LEDs fender lights (marker/turn signal) I changed the bulbs only to LED bulbs.
Has anyone tinted the outside of them?
Did the tint stay on?
I know I can plasti drip it but I dont think that would do it.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I have never tinted any lens or heard anything about it.
kinda why am asking
Thx for the link.
Get a roll and try until you succeed. Watch YouTube videos first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Look here... https://lamin-x.com. This is marginally more expensive and they are cut to fit already. No need to do it all yourself. I am waiting for mine to arrive this week.
nice can you lmk how they are and post some pics? what all did you order?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
nice can you lmk how they are and post some pics? what all did you order?
I ordered gun smoke for corner lights and Amber for fogs. Should be delivered tomorrow or so and try to get them done after work this week. No time this weekend as we are headed to mountains so hoping to get done in the evening. I’ll post pics after.

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
I ordered gun smoke for corner lights and Amber for fogs. Should be delivered tomorrow or so and try to get them done after work this week. No time this weekend as we are headed to mountains so hoping to get done in the evening. I’ll post pics after.
corner lights?
I would just need the fender light( running/turn signal)

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
@slick Got them put on this evening. Came out pretty good so far in the limited light my garage provides in the evening. I did have to trim 1/8" or so off bottom to get a better fit. I did 3 of the covers with a wet install and one with dry. I highly recommend doing wet install just don't use too much solution. It takes longer to set and get it right if you do. Took about 30 minutes in total.

826A3441-46F7-4715-85A1-BEE6EB3B86BF.jpeg

701F8DDE-BFA3-4722-93B1-97D152519696.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
@slick Got them put on this evening. Came out pretty good so far in the limited light my garage provides in the evening. I did have to trim 1/8" or so off bottom to get a better fit. I did 3 of the covers with a wet install and one with dry. I highly recommend doing wet install just don't use too much solution. It takes longer to set and get it right if you do. Took about 30 minutes in total.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone tint fender lights? 701F8DDE-BFA3-4722-93B1-97D152519696

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone tint fender lights? 701F8DDE-BFA3-4722-93B1-97D152519696
Wow bro that looks good.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
The only thing to keep in mind is the maintenance on vinyl. Other than that is should be pretty easy....I personally picked up a set of smoked fender lights from Amazon and they do fit the Sport fender flares. Looks pretty similar to the factory LED package, just smoked and it comes with a scanning turn signal as opposed to a flashing one. Planning on installing tonight and will add photos if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
The only thing to keep in mind is the maintenance on vinyl. Other than that is should be pretty easy....I personally picked up a set of smoked fender lights from Amazon and they do fit the Sport fender flares. Looks pretty similar to the factory LED package, just smoked and it comes with a scanning turn signal as opposed to a flashing one. Planning on installing tonight and will add photos if anyone is interested.
Yep post pics and link pls.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Just got them installed and happy so far...had to utilize my Tazer to eliminate the flicker.... still some flicker on my side markers but that's not a biggie rn. Install was fairly straight forward....I will warn you that you will break some fender clips though, so either buy some spares ahead of time or get ready to zip-tie some areas inside of the fender.

Here is the link to the lights: https://www.amazon.com/UTV-PRO-Sequential-Compatible-2018-2020/dp/B08DKHDTRZ?th=1

Overall they are much sharper than the alternatives I have found for the Sport flares and look much more OEM-like.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone tint fender lights? image0 (5)

Sponsored