Sponsored

Anyone think Jeep will move to IFS in 2023?

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Why did I buy a jeep? Because everybody always talks about how amazing lockers and solid front axle is off-road. Little did I know it leaves a lot to be desired around here.
I absolutely love when inexperienced first time Jeepers who don't wheel, try to espouse the benefits of IFS on the experienced group that have been buying Jeeps for years. You bought a Wrangler because of us.
My entire point being is I welcome an ifs wrangler with open arms.
Don't IFS my Wrangler, and don't California my Texas.
I hate my solid axle, I hate it for off-roading, and I hate it for driving on the highway.
I think you are exactly the customer Ford is looking for. Why not sell your Jeep and get a Bronco?

The sad truth is, you don't understand or have enough experience with IFS and solid axles to even make the right decision for yourself, maybe you shouldn't be giving advice to others until you can even get it right for yourself.
Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
I think you are exactly the customer Ford is looking for. Why not sell your Jeep and get a Bronco?

The sad truth is, you don't understand or have enough experience with IFS and solid axles to even make the right decision for yourself, maybe you shouldn't be giving advice to others until you can even get it right for yourself.
I already mentioned why I donā€™t want a bronco. Lol at suggesting that when I already responded to the same thing twice.

Lol at going on the defensive for giving extremely rational reasons for disliking one single aspect of the wrangler specifically because of where I live.

Get out of here with your weak passive aggressive insults.

Last edited:

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
I absolutely love when inexperienced first time Jeepers who don't wheel, try to espouse the benefits of IFS on the experienced group that have been buying Jeeps for years. You bought a Wrangler because of us. You aren't like us, but want to feel like you are part of the group. That's okay. There's lots of pretenders in the world. What aggravates me is when you start talking about trying to make the Wrangler like the vehicle you traded in. You probably already had IFS, if it was so great, why did you pick a Wrangler? Go back to the beige/silver/grey boring CSUV/truck/car you had before and pass out ducks and stick craptastic Chinese LEDs all over it. Don't IFS my Wrangler, and don't California my Texas.
99% of that was well said šŸ˜€

Don't Texas my California!! Welll u can send lower taxes and gas prices our way!

Time to trademark and print up some stickers!

Last edited:

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
There are tons of other vehicles out there for people who want IFS. But there is only one SUV left with a solid axle. And while you may think that a solid axle it is not a good choice for you, it is so much better in the JL than pretty much any previous vehicles with a solid axle, and even better than the ride of some vehicles with IFS. But you can't please everyone. Plus because this is such a simple and easy style of suspension, there are tons and tons of ways to customize it to your personal preference, and those will be cheaper to do than customizing a IFS system.
Yeah Iā€™ve been looking into some new shocks and bump stops. Iā€™m sure I could make it much better with some simple stuff. I mean just stock its way better dampening and way more travel then my stock IFS sierra with bilsteins 5100ā€™s.

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
I already mentioned why I donā€™t want a bronco. Lol at suggesting that when I already responded to the same thing twice.

Lol at going on the defensive for giving extremely rational reasons for disliking one single aspect of the wrangler specifically because of where I live.

Get out the fuck out of here with your weak passive aggressive insults.
Was it really necessary to reply like that... Cmon .. be better. No need to go down the keyboard warrior train, we can all type out as many swear words and insults as we like and be big tough humans on here...

Perhaps in the future, Jeep will offer a Rubicon or version of the Wrangler in an IFS setup how you would prefer it based on where you live and what your desires are...

However, coming from 4runner's and Tacoma's, I purposely sought after a solid front axle for my 4runner, because when wheeling with my friends I was not as capable as they were with my IFS in certain situations off road. Learning about the cost to re-gear, SAS my front, cost of lift and labor, basically everything associated with the swap need for SAS, I decided to trade my TRD PRO in for a Wrangler Rubicon. I do everything from mall crawl to now learning how to 4lo, lockers on, rock crawl. I do Forest Service Roads, in 4hi with traction control off and get to experience some nice 60+ km speed and dirt roads. My Jeep off road has excelled in performance compared to any IFS vehicles I've owned and I have not done a single modification. Perhaps you are not using the true potential of your Rubicon yet? It's not perfect, highway driving with wind drives me a little nuts due to the constant swaying back and forth because of the shoe box design. For myself, however, the pro's far out weigh the cons.

I personally hope Jeep Wrangler's never go IFS, we have far to many applications with various car companies that offer that platform for off road, it's what makes Jeep unique. It's the main reason why I didn't buy a Bronco, because it is IFS.

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Was it really necessary to reply like that... Cmon .. be better. No need to go down the keyboard warrior train, we can all type out as many swear words and insults as we like and be big tough humans on here...

Perhaps in the future, Jeep will offer a Rubicon or version of the Wrangler in an IFS setup how you would prefer it based on where you live and what your desires are...

However, coming from 4runner's and Tacoma's, I purposely sought after a solid front axle for my 4runner, because when wheeling with my friends I was not as capable as they were with my IFS in certain situations off road. Learning about the cost to re-gear, SAS my front, cost of lift and labor, basically everything associated with the swap need for SAS, I decided to trade my TRD PRO in for a Wrangler Rubicon. I do everything from mall crawl to now learning how to 4lo, lockers on, rock crawl. I do Forest Service Roads, in 4hi with traction control off and get to experience some nice 60+ km speed and dirt roads. My Jeep off road has excelled in performance compared to any IFS vehicles I've owned and I have not done a single modification. Perhaps you are not using the true potential of your Rubicon yet? It's not perfect, highway driving with wind drives me a little nuts due to the constant swaying back and forth because of the shoe box design. For myself, however, the pro's far out weigh the cons.

I personally hope Jeep Wrangler's never go IFS, we have far to many applications with various car companies that offer that platform for off road, it's what makes Jeep unique. It's the main reason why I didn't buy a Bronco, because it is IFS.
Iā€™ve been off roading in my rubi twice, Iā€™ve hit the bump stops about 5-6 times. Brutal when it happens.

Itā€™s really is better than I was expecting. I donā€™t doubt for a second itā€™s better than a stock tacoma.

Which is why I said Iā€™d prefer a raptor setup not just any IfS setup.

I mean we can all admit a raptor > jeep in a high speed sandy type of off-roading, and jeep > raptor in clearing obstacles, and really just being able to go anywhere. I just didnā€™t know the pine barrons would favor the raptor setup.

I have seriously been looking for somewhere to use my jeep what is what intended for. The entire time Iā€™m off roading Iā€™m looking for something, anything, that will be a challenge go over, and the only thing I can find thatā€™s a challenge is mud. Hence why I get bored and start driving fast.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
@Bzinsky what you want is the Mohave Wrangler that was promised to us, but never happened. Better shocks and hydraulic bump stops.
Only if itā€™s a 4xe mojave! Forgot to mention, electric off-roading trumps any suspension desires

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Why would they do that? IFS is trash in the mud-and those guys love their mud as for competing with bronco we'll wait a few more years; first year vehicles are always a hit and miss, bronco has so many issues from tiny tie rods to no a/c vents in the rear. Yet if jeep does this I believe many Jeepers would just change them back to Straight axles they work and have worked for a very long time. Keep the Jeep wave going.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
As a non-wheeler who *doesn't* give a fuck about the solid axle... I think it handles just fine and I don't see the need for an IFS...

and don't Texas my Milwaukee...

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
@Bzinsky , I think you just make poor choices. What follows is a warning to all those engaging with you.

Your name is distinctive, so I remember you from the 4xe forum. You state you've restored vehicles and know what you're doing, yet your comments tell us all otherwise.

You bought your 4xe having never sat in a Jeep before. You talk about screeching tires and race track corners. About how everyone said the soft top was super easy. About not wheeling with the soft top in sunrider position because you punctured it.

You stated that your opinions line up with magazine reviewers most of the time, then espouse that there's not much need for SFA in your area...

You seem to be someone who just... complains.

You're supposedly great at research, yet you didn't know about the two E-Save options. You're impulsive and critical of everything. Then you come on forums and spread your negativity.

And apparently money isn't a factor for you as you've stated you'll "just sell it and get a Sahara HA".

You're the stereotypical reason for the phrase "Don't bring your BLANK to my STATE."

ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
Ive gotta say there is some difference, but dialed in properly, the live axle handles really well and i dont understand the complaints. I drove from Lexington, KY to the Dubuque Iowa and back a couple weeks on 37s with zero problems other than paying for gas.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
@Bzinsky , I think you just make poor choices. What follows is a warning to all those engaging with you.

Your name is distinctive, so I remember you from the 4xe forum. You state you've restored vehicles and know what you're doing, yet your comments tell us all otherwise.

You bought your 4xe having never sat in a Jeep before. You talk about screeching tires and race track corners. About how everyone said the soft top was super easy. About not wheeling with the soft top in sunrider position because you punctured it.

You stated that your opinions line up with magazine reviewers most of the time, then espouse that there's not much need for SFA in your area...

You seem to be someone who just... complains.

You're supposedly great at research, yet you didn't know about the two E-Save options. You're impulsive and critical of everything. Then you come on forums and spread your negativity.

And apparently money isn't a factor for you as you've stated you'll "just sell it and get a Sahara HA".

You're the stereotypical reason for the phrase "Don't bring your BLANK to my STATE."
Sounds exactly like my wife complaining

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Yeah Iā€™ve been looking into some new shocks and bump stops. Iā€™m sure I could make it much better with some simple stuff. I mean just stock its way better dampening and way more travel then my stock IFS sierra with bilsteins 5100ā€™s.
Ive had many IFS vehicles and ATVs. I can tell you this from experience that if you spend a little time researching you Can set up your Wrangler SFA to ride and handle better then any IFS for a tenth the price. Basically a change of springs and shocks (and not Bilstein)can totally change how the Wrangler feels.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
it will arrive maybe in combination with the turbo hurricane engine. What a concept. šŸ˜±šŸ™
Sponsored