Sponsored

Anyone think Jeep will move to IFS in 2023?

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Main factor? For you and I yes. But how many people really buy it for that. 90% (guessing)of the wranglers never see off-road duty.
Just started post to see what other have heard and think will come. Not that we like or want it.
It would be a very bad business decision on Jeeps part. Even though some people use it as a mall crawler, most still like knowing it has the best capability to go off road. It’s the same debate with buying guns….99.9% of the time you don’t need it until you need it, then you wish you had it.
Sponsored

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Main factor? For you and I yes. But how many people really buy it for that. 90% (guessing)of the wranglers never see off-road duty.
Just started post to see what other have heard and think will come. Not that we like or want it.
I agree. I think there are more people who buy a wrangler because it has a removable top than solid axles.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
No. It would require a whole new frame. And if they did that might as well do a full redesign while at it. Spy photos and leaks would have come out long ago. Not going to happen.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a “Wrangler SE” with IFS and a similar body in our future like the Bronco Sport, but I don’t think the Wrangler will go to IFS.
Then again, Cadillac is producing their last ICE M/T car this year.
:puke:

My 2006 Wrangler SE with no options and the 2.4L 4-cylinder is rolling over in its grave! Don’t disgrace the legendary “SE” name like that!

(joking, obviously. The SE name isn’t legendary)

But no, we don’t need that. Jeep already has the renegade and compass to compete with the bronco sport.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Side note: I think it is interesting that Ford seems to be targeting women in their advertising lately. Not just for Broncos but heavy duty trucks too. Not trying to be sexist, there is probably some interesting psychology behind it.
Women comprise slightly more than half the population. Any company that neglects to advertise to them is pretty foolish to exclude so large a segment of potential buyers. Can't buy into stereotypes about women, because there are many out there who are gearheads. And many more that would be if they felt welcome in those kind of communities.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
No. The Wrangler has zero competition right now. There are no other SFA SUVs available. Plenty of IFS Broncos and 4Runners etc.., to fight over those consumers. Jeep has a winning combo. They sell every one they can produce to the tune of 200,000+ a year. Plus, Jeep already has other IFS SUVs if you want that style of vehicle.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Toyota could easily build a competing vehicle. The FJ Cruiser was sold overseas until last year and the FJ70 is still in production. But they are a very conservative company for the most part and development moves at a snail’s pace.

Sponsored

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I don't think IFS is gonna happen for the Wranglers. I hope FCA knows their customer base enough to know that if new Wranglers come with IFS we might as well take a look at the Bronco and I'm sure they wouldn't that to happen.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
People who don’t off-road, buy the Wrangler because people, like the people on this forum, do. Those people choose the Wrangler because of all the benefits of the solid front axel, but in spite of it.
Once all the options on the market are IFS, Jeep loses that special something they have over everyone else.
mid the hardcore off-roaders go elsewhere so will the image they fight so hard to project.
I don’t think it’s going anywhere.
Sponsored