Sponsored

Anyone take the T50 door bolts out and leave them out?

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Mine were removed in 2018.

Not needed.

You can also push the stupid door catch inside the door so you don't have to unbolt it every time you take the doors off.
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Anyone take the T50 bolts out of the door hinge and leave them out? I had one snap and was suggested to take them out and leave them out. Your guys' thoughts!!

Screenshot_20210216-144445_Chrome.jpg
Without the bolts, my doors rattled.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Anyone take the T50 bolts out of the door hinge and leave them out? I had one snap and was suggested to take them out and leave them out. Your guys' thoughts!!
I took mine out a year ago. I put 8 stainless pins in to make hanging the doors back on easier.

doorpin.jpg

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Took the painted nut off the hinges of my TJ in '03. They are still off and the doors are still on. I don't think you will have a problem.

Sponsored

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
CJs didnā€™t even have bolts for the doors. And hinges one the newest Jeepā€™s are basically the same as a 70s CJ.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine back on every time. Not because of mud, not because of salt, because Iā€™m like a frickin robot. Must be OCD.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Thanks all for your input!! ordering those pins ASAP

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Havenā€™t yet, not because I donā€™t want to I just forget and then itā€™s cold and too late, oh well!

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Plus here in this shithole NYC these animals will steal anything. You can say ā€œwell I lock the doorsā€ but these mutts will either cut a soft top or break a window and manually open your locks. Alarm? they donā€™t care. Thatā€™s why I wouldnā€™t leave the door stops unbolted either. Let em work for it.
Wanna see how you have to unfortunately live in this zoo? Check the pic and how I cable lock my tube doors when shopping in the nice weather. Welcome to the jungle...

75A56229-E615-4B7F-9A00-94D711CEE977.jpeg

Gobicon

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone take the T50 door bolts out and leave them out? 75A56229-E615-4B7F-9A00-94D711CEE977
On every JK & JL I've owned Ive taken them off and never put them back. I've gone doorless so often, it's not worth putting them on. I do put bolts or locks on half doors. Those are high demand. No one steals full doors.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Every jeep I have owned I have removed them or the nuts when I removed the doors and never put them back on. Never had any issue with rust from salt in many years driving like that, but I do maintain all my jeeps.

Unfortunetly, locks are not going to keep any one who wants those tube doors from taking them. It would take less than a minute to get them. I would point out, you might be drawing more attention to them by doing this. You are only making it inconvenient on yourself to have to lock and unlock them everytime you get out somewhere. This would make it less enjoyable to drive the jeep anywhere. For me this is what insurance is for. Anyhow, not here to argue, its your jeep to do as you see fit. If that is what make you comfortable, so be it. I am just stating how I see it and as food for thought.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Every jeep I have owned I have removed them or the nuts when I removed the doors and never put them back on. Never had any issue with rust from salt in many years driving like that, but I do maintain all my jeeps.

Unfortunetly, locks are not going to keep any one who wants those tube doors from taking them. It would take less than a minute to get them. I would point out, you might be drawing more attention to them by doing this. You are only making it inconvenient on yourself to have to lock and unlock them everytime you get out somewhere. This would make it less enjoyable to drive the jeep anywhere. For me this is what insurance is for. Anyhow, not here to argue, its your jeep to do as you see fit. If that is what make you comfortable, so be it. I am just stating how I see it and as food for thought.
I respect your point John but I see it more like I said before, Let them work for it. As far as insurance, tube doors are what 5-6 hundred bucks. It wouldn't even be worth it to put in a claim.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

had mine out for a year. but after that the doors started to rattle while on dirt roads. so back in they went
Sponsored