Sponsored

Anyone take the T50 door bolts out and leave them out?

Jiveturkey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Anyone take the T50 bolts out of the door hinge and leave them out? I had one snap and was suggested to take them out and leave them out. Your guys' thoughts!!

Screenshot_20210216-144445_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've been driving around for a few weeks without them.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I hadn't really planned on leaving them off. But I had the interior out for my noise control project and just hadn't gotten around to installing them again. I plan on installing them. But I see no particular reason you can't leave them off long term.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The only thing I can think of is the front tires throw mud up right on the hinges (ask me how I know) and will get into the hinge if the lower nuts are left out.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Drove my JK for years with no door bolts. First time I took the doors off my JL a year and a half ago I did not replace the bolts. I do find the suggestion of putting them in during winter for salt to be interesting, and as I'm planning on moving north soon I'll consider that.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't re-installed mine since the first time I took the doors off in July 2019. No issues, just spray a little dry lube in there every now and then.
As for getting doors stolen - riddle me this, how are you going to remove the doors with them closed and locked?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Drove my JK for years with no door bolts. First time I took the doors off my JL a year and a half ago I did not replace the bolts. I do find the suggestion of putting them in during winter for salt to be interesting, and as I'm planning on moving north soon I'll consider that.
Put some kind of corrosion protection on the threads and O.D. or someday, they may not want to come out.

Sponsored

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
My jk went 13 years with no door bolts. But the doors were harder to get off over time with all the salt and debris getting kicked up. By the last year I had to use a jack to loosen the door. With my JL off during the summer but on during the winter. Don't want to have to deal with that again.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Haven't re-installed mine since the first time I took the doors off in July 2019. No issues, just spray a little dry lube in there every now and then.
As for getting doors stolen - riddle me this, how are you going to remove the doors with them closed and locked?
Exactly

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I removed mine the day I bought my Jeep and don't plan on putting them back in. I drove my TJ for 4 years without them and I don't see any reason why they're needed.

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
Took mine off about a week after I got the Jeep in July. I did not put them back on with the doors. I have had multiple Wranglers and have yet to have an issue.

That being said, there does seem to be a lot of validity to the thought of putting them back on in the winter to keep the salt out. I may have to give that a try!
Sponsored