Sponsored

Anyone switch out glove box grab handle?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Looks like the handle is MOPAR 6AB08TX7AD. Anyone bought this and changed the plain one? The pictures only show drawings so I’d like to be sure before ordering one.
Sponsored

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like one of those too but good point about an airbag deployment. I've never had a bag deploy but I was in a wreck in 1984 (prior to airbags) and my radar detector (old school - heavy) "deployed" from the dash into my face causing several lacerations.

amdl0705

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 DII, 2019 JLUS
Occupation
Emergency Management
I like creative storage, but also remember passenger air bag blasts out near grab handle, and might launch anything in its path..
Good point! Didn't even think about that. Looks like it won't kill kiddo to hold on to his damn phone.

horsetrailer

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2019 JL Sahara
I think the Sahara has 'Wrangler' and bolts if it has a cloth interior and a plain handle with the leather upgrade. Pictures from the builder on Jeep website:
leather.png

Leather

cloth.png

Cloth

Could someone please confirm with their Sahara?
Nope. Cloth Sahara 2019 here with plain handle

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I'll add one more to the pile - Cloth Sahara here, smooth/plain handle as well. Almost feels leather-wrapped.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@amdl0705 Amber: I just found this on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VLL84F3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2IBQC9LUOKHPQ&psc=1

I think it's what you're looking for.

I came to the forum to see what people thought of it--it claims (by reviewers of the product on Amazon) to not interfere with the air bag. A search of the forum brought me here.

Cheers.

That said, (directed to all readers) if your not the type of owner to take the JL, say, off roading, where your "copilot" might have little reason to use this grab handle above the glove box, AND it doesn't, as mentioned, interfere with the air bag, I was wondering what people might think of this before I buy it.

Thanks

Sponsored

Hiiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU4xe,
First one is Sahara's, second is Rubicon's...I can't find the SPort version, but I recall when I test drove one, it looked better...

Sahara Handle.jpg

Rubicon Handle.jpg
I just got a new 2020 and thought it would have the Rubicon or sport glove box handle also. Did you ever change it. Tell me how.

Hiiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU4xe,
I’m looking to have a carbon fiber grab handle made for my Sahara JL. Would you guys know the measurements for this piece? Or how to remove it?
Yes please, I want one too.

Hiiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU4xe,
Has anyone swapped these grab handles? Circled in red, does anyone know if there's a plastic clip that goes there? Mine isn't there, and I think thats why my Dash instrument isn't flush to the grab handles.

upload_2019-11-2_1-11-47.png
I found this instruction on Amazon under Wrangler Glove Box grab handle C.B. Clip.
Awesome Holder
This holder is less expensive than other options and it's very well made. It took all of 5 minutes to install and it looks great in my 2019 JLU. One should note there are no instructions included, and the ones in the description are not that great. For a 2019 JL, this is the process:

1. Use a trim removal tool to remove the dash panel below the steering column (as this overlaps with the upper heater control panel).

2. Unsnap the upper heater control panel (has the start/stop button, radio dials, etc. on it).

3. Once the heater control panel is removed, it exposes the 10mm bolt holding the passenger grab handle on. Using a 10mm socket, remove the bolt.

4. VERY GENTLY and only slightly move the passenger grab handle forward just enough to position the holder's round end over the back part of the handle and reseat it into place.

5. Replace and tighten the 10mm bolt. Replace the upper heater control panel, being careful not to pinch any of the wiring behind it. Replace the trim panel below the steering column.

That's it - very simple!

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I found this instruction on Amazon under Wrangler Glove Box grab handle C.B. Clip.
Awesome Holder
This holder is less expensive than other options and it's very well made. It took all of 5 minutes to install and it looks great in my 2019 JLU. One should note there are no instructions included, and the ones in the description are not that great. For a 2019 JL, this is the process:

1. Use a trim removal tool to remove the dash panel below the steering column (as this overlaps with the upper heater control panel).

2. Unsnap the upper heater control panel (has the start/stop button, radio dials, etc. on it).

3. Once the heater control panel is removed, it exposes the 10mm bolt holding the passenger grab handle on. Using a 10mm socket, remove the bolt.

4. VERY GENTLY and only slightly move the passenger grab handle forward just enough to position the holder's round end over the back part of the handle and reseat it into place.

5. Replace and tighten the 10mm bolt. Replace the upper heater control panel, being careful not to pinch any of the wiring behind it. Replace the trim panel below the steering column.

That's it - very simple!
i think I’m missing a clip as I replaced mine and is not flush in the circled red area, can you confirm if there’s a clip there?
Sponsored