Sponsored

Anyone seeing less active regens with Bank's Derringer?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
not trying to be funny, but why does anyone ever need to know if there’s a Regen happening?

if the J**p needed us to do anything (“Keep Driving…”) it would let us know. beyond curiosity, why else would we care?

No alert for regens except on Scangauges and iDashes. It will be one of the best investments you've made. And...not expensive - a couple of hundred dollars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
not trying to be funny, but why does anyone ever need to know if there’s a Regen happening?

if the J**p needed us to do anything (“Keep Driving…”) it would let us know. beyond curiosity, why else would we care?
Really the only reason you want to know is so you don't turn off the engine before it completes. That said, that won't hurt anything unless soot builds up too much.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm thinking that if I went with an iDash I'd have to also get a Derringer. The way mine drives in off road+ is compelling.
And...don't forget the Pedal Monster to complete the setup. The Derringer is the real deal, the power increase is as advertised, and the install is simple. Nearly 300 bhp and over 500lbft. EASILY detected seat-of-the-pants.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And...don't forget the Pedal Monster to complete the setup. The Derringer is the real deal, the power increase is as advertised, and the install is simple. Nearly 300 bhp and over 500lbft. EASILY detected seat-of-the-pants.
The Derringer doesn't include that functionality?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

Just as some people type out Jeep while others for whatever reason type out J**p, they just like to.
The Derringer doesn't include that functionality?
No, it is separate functionality of throttle sensor. The Derringer isn't like a normal tuner.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Just as some people type out Jeep while others for whatever reason type out J**p, they just like to.
People that can't spell the name of their vehicle are right up there with people that seem to think that it's an acronym and capitalize the whole thing.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
OK, since the vehicle will tell me when i need to keep driving to complete a regen and that's never happened, i'm comfortable that i don't need to know.

i get that it might be fun to know, but that's a long ways from "one of the best investments... ever made".

Really the only reason you want to know is so you don't turn off the engine before it completes. That said, that won't hurt anything unless soot builds up too much.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I've shut off my engine in the middle of a passive regen with no ill effects. 🤷‍♂️

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
I've shut off my engine in the middle of a passive regen with no ill effects. 🤷‍♂️
I would caution about doing this too many times in a row, or getting into a habit of cancelling mid-regen.

The Tier 4 Final equipment we have at work will let you cancel 3 Regens before it'll throw a CEL and force us to do a manual regen.

Passive systems will eventually hit a Soot Severity 5 and basically derate. This is a pain to repair.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So have I, but you have to agree that, all things being equal, you rather let it complete uninterupted.

Just like seeing that your computer is in the middle of an update. You can shut it down prematurely, but you'd prefer not to risk it if you can help it. Except, unlike your computer updates, you are flying completely blind on the regens without a gauge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OK, since the vehicle will tell me when i need to keep driving to complete a regen and that's never happened, i'm comfortable that i don't need to know.

i get that it might be fun to know, but that's a long ways from "one of the best investments... ever made".
The vehicle won't tell you squat. There is no regen notification - that's the whole point. Unless maybe you've prematurely ended enough regens that your DPF is totally packed and requires an expensive dealer visit to remedy. THAT, it will tell you.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
the vehicle tells you when it is in the middle of a regen it needs to finish and to keep driving; that’s the only time i would need to know anything about it.

otherwise it takes care if itself, whether you’re watching or not.

The vehicle won't tell you squat. There is no regen notification - that's the whole point. Unless maybe you've prematurely ended enough regens that your DPF is totally packed and requires an expensive dealer visit to remedy. THAT, it will tell you.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
So have I, but you have to agree that, all things being equal, you rather let it complete uninterupted.

Just like seeing that your computer is in the middle of an update. You can shut it down prematurely, but you'd prefer not to risk it if you can help it. Except, unlike your computer updates, you are flying completely blind on the regens without a gauge.
My philosophy is to just drive like normal. I do pay attention to my iDash and notice when I'm in a regen. I will avoid shutting down in the middle too many times in a row. And maybe just go for a drive once in a while when I'm almost at 80% to make sure I get a full regen. But I won't obsess about never shutting down.