Sponsored

Anyone seeing less active regens with Bank's Derringer?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I drive short hops almost exclusively, so my JLURD regens fairly often. But...post-Derringer it seems to take way longer for the DPF filter to get to 80%. There is a "miles between regens" iDASH option that seems to back up my impressions. BTW, I can't seem to get the iDASH alert feature to trigger when a regen commences. Anyone else fool around with that?
Sponsored

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
I havenā€™t noticed any change, I canā€™t get the alert to pop up when an active region starts either. But I do have it monitored so I can see when it starts to regen. But it says passive, not active.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I havenā€™t noticed any change, I canā€™t get the alert to pop up when an active region starts either. But I do have it monitored so I can see when it starts to regen. But it says passive, not active.
I've driven mine about 800 miles from AEV to the Ozarks and am fairly clueless on regens. Does a stock Wrangler notify me that it's happening?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I've driven mine about 800 miles from AEV to the Ozarks and am fairly clueless on regens. Does a stock Wrangler notify me that it's happening?
Stock has no visual indicator a regen is happening.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Stock has no visual indicator a regen is happening.
I was at a parts store yesterday helping a friend deal with some issues with his Toyota and bought some DEF "just because." At 800 miles it took the whole box. That was a bit shocking.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I was at a parts store yesterday helping a friend deal with some issues with his Toyota and bought some DEF "just because." At 800 miles it took the whole box. That was a bit shocking.
The dealer was not nice enough to hook you up with a full or almost full tank of DEF. Thereā€™s a gauge for approximating how full the DEF tank is, scroll right or left from the TPMS screen. It wonā€™t become so time consuming that youā€™re always filling it unless there is something wrong with your system.

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine had less than a half a tank when I bought it new.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The dealer was not nice enough to hook you up with a full or almost full tank of DEF. Thereā€™s a gauge for approximating how full the DEF tank is, scroll right or left from the TPMS screen. It wonā€™t become so time consuming that youā€™re always filling it unless there is something wrong with your system.
It never went to the dealer in Kentucky. Directly from Toledo to AEV in Michigan. Somewhere on the interstate between Michigan and Missouri I checked that display and it was at about half.

I'll keep an eye on it, but I probably won't see / drive it again for about a week. Spending our vacation on a houseboat / friends' ski boats.

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking that mine might have been the same. Does one of those boxes typically fill it?
If itā€™s completely empty itā€™ll take two boxes. I usually get it just below a half and then Iā€™ll add one box. So it doesnā€™t overflow.

Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I'm thinking that mine might have been the same. Does one of those boxes typically fill it?
The capacity of the DEF tank is approximately 5.1 gallons.

I fill up at a truck stop with DEF pumps.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Other than a discusion of DEF consumption, any more input on my regen question? :)

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 JL Diesel Sport S
Happy to see you finally got your Jeep!! (I was also a Dec order so had been following all those threads).

Also my DEF was not full either from the dealer. Freaked me out at first thinking it was getting used that fast.

I have never seen a regen alert on my stock setup. Iā€™ve also never had it say ā€˜Keep drivingā€™ because a regen was in progress but my DEF decreases so must be working.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Happy to see you finally got your Jeep!! (I was also a Dec order so had been following all those threads).

Also my DEF was not full either from the dealer. Freaked me out at first thinking it was getting used that fast.

I have never seen a regen alert on my stock setup. Iā€™ve also never had it say ā€˜Keep drivingā€™ because a regen was in progress but my DEF decreases so must be working.
No alert for regens except on Scangauges and iDashes. It will be one of the best investments you've made. And...not expensive - a couple of hundred dollars.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

No alert for regens except on Scangauges and iDashes. It will be one of the best investments you've made. And...not expensive - a couple of hundred dollars.
I'm thinking that if I went with an iDash I'd have to also get a Derringer. The way mine drives in off road+ is compelling.
Sponsored