Sponsored

Anyone running the Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70R18?

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Would love to hear feedback and see pictures!
You have a Sahara or already have 18 inch wheels? Almost everyone will recommend 17s over 18s as the tires available on an 18 inch wheel are significantly limited vs 17s and a lot are e rated, which are heavier and mainly for full size trucks. That being said if you already have the 18s and don’t want to swap wheels, the ridge grapplers are well spoken of on most forums and Facebook groups.

OP
OP

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
You have a Sahara or already have 18 inch wheels? Almost everyone will recommend 17s over 18s as the tires available on an 18 inch wheel are significantly limited vs 17s and a lot are e rated, which are heavier and mainly for full size trucks. That being said if you already have the 18s and don’t want to swap wheels, the ridge grapplers are well spoken of on most forums and Facebook groups.
Yes I have 18’s. Sounds like if I stick with my 18’s that the E rated ride will be stiffer? I’ve also read that the tire weight matters, And maybe more than the rating. This size tire I am looking at is 69 pounds. Thoughts?

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
Yes I have 18’s. Sounds like if I stick with my 18’s that the E rated ride will be stiffer? I’ve also read that the tire weight matters, And maybe more than the rating. This size tire I am looking at is 69 pounds. Thoughts?

Nitto has a Terra Grappler G2 in that size rated 116S. It's a standard duty tire @ 51 lbs. Not as aggressive as the Ridge Grappler.

I had 285/70R17 NRGs on a 2017 Willys @35 psi and while they were firmer it was not uncomfortable.

A lot depends on your intended use offload.

I don't have the G2s, but would consider if I end up with a Sahara or Sahara based Edition in Mar 2021.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Are you planning to run wheel spacers or offset wheels because tire will rub on control arms.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Angrypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I have 305/70r17 Ridge Grapplers that are E rated on my JLUR. They ride as well if not better than the KO2s once you find the right pressure which is about 32 psi for me.

OP
OP

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I have 305/70r17 Ridge Grapplers that are E rated on my JLUR. They ride as well if not better than the KO2s once you find the right pressure which is about 32 psi for me.
Can you post a picture please? I would love to see how the look..especially the width! Thanks!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Only pic I have right now. A bit wider than stock, its right at the outside of the fender.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70R18? Jee
Very cool and helpful. Do you notice any significant difference in ride quality or power? Any chance you could snap a picture from the front and back so I could see tire with later? That would be super helpful