Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have almost 10k in mine and they are wearing fast. I’m actually disappointed. I was hoping to get 25-30k out of them but it’s looking like I’ll be lucky to get 20k. I easily got 35k out of my nittos over the year and could still sell them used with good tread. I’ve rotated them every 3k so far. I should have expected this for as soft and light as they are. 38” mostly highway driving
They are a softer compound tire. However, to get less than 20k on them you have to be abusing them. Kevin and Brittany travel the country non-stop wheeling them and exceeded 20k. I'm on my third set and haven't experienced that type of wear either.

I agree that Nittos will last longer. However, their two tires that come in a 38x13.50 are in the $450-500 per tire range. Plus you will be stuck with the higher cost of buying a 20" wheel. The Milestars are half the price.
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
They are a softer compound tire. However, to get less than 20k on them you have to be abusing them. Kevin and Brittany travel the country non-stop wheeling them and exceeded 20k. I'm on my third set and haven't experienced that type of wear either.

I agree that Nittos will last longer. However, their two tires that come in a 38x13.50 are in the $450-500 per tire range. Plus you will be stuck with the higher cost of buying a 20" wheel. The Milestars are half the price.
Why? Just buy Toyo's. I have about 8K miles on my 38 Pat's and no problems. Put 10K on the 37s before going to the 38s with no problems and they still looked new so I don't get it. I bought a tire that was light weight and did great off road and are quiet.

Last edited:

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR

I haven’t abused my tires unless driving them up and down the highway is abuse at 30-32psi I’m just reporting my experience. I might get 20-25k out of them but they will be slicks to get that.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t abused my tires unless driving them up and down the highway is abuse at 30-32psi I’m just reporting my experience. I might get 20-25k out of them but they will be slicks to get that.
I am at 15k Miles with about 20+ trips offroad. tires are definitely worn and i expect they will be usable for another 10k miles or so. Did you do a 4 or 5 tire rotation?

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I love the looks and performance of these tires, but it would kill me to have to buy tires every year or so on my Jeep. Has anyone got 30,000+ miles out of set?

Tommy1569

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL unlimited sport s
Occupation
Delphi
Installed 33s on stock alloys. Looks good! Rides a lot different. Bring on the Mud and Snow baby!!!
I YouTubed all Related Videos on MileStar Patgonia tires before buying them. Discount Tire will match prices if you did not know.

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I was hoping to find a review of someone running 275/70/18s on a Sahara. I’ve a couple of concerns - I’m running in Canada and Michigan, so snow and ice are an important bit. I’m leaning to the KO2s still because of the severe snow rating.

Do you need the oversized tire relocation mount for 33” on 18” rims tires on the Sahara?
I’ve had the spare on for about
Thanks, I was hoping to find a review of someone running 275/70/18s on a Sahara. I’ve a couple of concerns - I’m running in Canada and Michigan, so snow and ice are an important bit. I’m leaning to the KO2s still because of the severe snow rating.

Do you need the oversized tire relocation mount for 33” on 18” rims tires on the Sahara?
Sorry for responding late to this, just saw it.

I’ve had my spare on for about 8 weeks and 1500 miles. The mount is still solid and seems to be baring the weight well. My concern is that with the increases offset, the tire doesn’t fully seat against the rubber supports leaving more room to bounce around. I plan to correct this eventually.

As for winter weather, I haven’t seen snow yet, but I am going to speculate a little here. I’m in Chicago for a work trip and we got rain while it was in the upper 30’s. I’ve had them in rain in GA where road temps were in the 60’s + and they are fine, but when the road temps in Chicago we’re in the 30’s and 40’s and wet, they act different. The rear wheels would not hook up no matter how easy I was on the pedal. They would break loose and spin every time I took off from a stop. While at street speeds, If the turbo spooled at the right time when accelerating, they would also break loose. I needed 4x to correct this and everything was fine. So to speculate, light snow, cold precipitation, etc, these things will spin a lot. However, I think they’ll be great in deep snow, chunky icy snow, all the ugly stuff.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I’ve had the spare on for about

Sorry for responding late to this, just saw it.

I’ve had my spare on for about 8 weeks and 1500 miles. The mount is still solid and seems to be baring the weight well. My concern is that with the increases offset, the tire doesn’t fully seat against the rubber supports leaving more room to bounce around. I plan to correct this eventually.

As for winter weather, I haven’t seen snow yet, but I am going to speculate a little here. I’m in Chicago for a work trip and we got rain while it was in the upper 30’s. I’ve had them in rain in GA where road temps were in the 60’s + and they are fine, but when the road temps in Chicago we’re in the 30’s and 40’s and wet, they act different. The rear wheels would not hook up no matter how easy I was on the pedal. They would break loose and spin every time I took off from a stop. While at street speeds, If the turbo spooled at the right time when accelerating, they would also break loose. I needed 4x to correct this and everything was fine. So to speculate, light snow, cold precipitation, etc, these things will spin a lot. However, I think they’ll be great in deep snow, chunky icy snow, all the ugly stuff.
Thanks. I ran KO2s on my '16 Cherokee TrailHawk, so they are a known quantity for me, and they are snow/ice rated. As interested in these as I am, I think I will stick with getting KO2s. Maybe once more people have winter running time on them. The sipes and soft rubber are promising.

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I ran KO2s on my '16 Cherokee TrailHawk, so they are a known quantity for me, and they are snow/ice rated. As interested in these as I am, I think I will stick with getting KO2s. Maybe once more people have winter running time on them. The sipes and soft rubber are promising.
I’m not betting on them being great for on road snow conditions. From my recent experience, the soft compound does not do well on cold roads and the sipes only descend about 1/8 down into the tread. I think once I have another 5-7k miles the siping will disappear for the most part. Between that and the wheel chatter/vibration at 70mph+, I think this will be my only set.

I had high hopes for these as an everyday driver off-road tire, but they just don’t meet all the needs/expectations I hoped for. My Safari tsr’s, Ko2’s, and Duratracs all had better manners and predictability in adverse conditions, so I’ll likely switch back to tsr’s. Don’t get me wrong, these are nice tires especially for the price and I think a lot of people will be very (or are) happy with them. I would put my money on these all day for off-road conditions, winter off-road and around town cruising, but my needs are more mall crawler and road trip than off road or weekend warrior. Just my subjective opinion.

If you’re interested in a nice looking aggressive tire that does well in adverse and winter conditions, has nice road manners, and wears well, I’d look at Kelly Safari TSR’s. They are a Goodyear brand and tend to run true to size. They look great in 275/70r18 on a 9” wheel too, not stretched like a lot of 275’s do on a 9” rim.

Sponsored

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I am at 15k Miles with about 20+ trips offroad. tires are definitely worn and i expect they will be usable for another 10k miles or so. Did you do a 4 or 5 tire rotation?
I did a 5 tire rotation.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just switched from the Patagonia’s to the Cooper STT pro’s. No doubt the cooper is a better tire but for the price you can’t go wrong as long as you are ok with the set lasting you about 30k miles if you wheel frequently, for some people that might be almost 3 years for others it could be Much less.

Just make sure you run them at 32 psi because of the design.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
imo These tires are about 50% hype. They are quiet, work well on road but take a lot of wear off-road. I can’t use my bead locks because they won’t seat and one of the 5 tires I purchased was defective with ZERO miles on it direct from the factory (which still has not been replaced), so as long as they stay priced well under the market, then there is value in them.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'm on my 3rd set: 38s, 40s, 38s.

I usually choose a different tire each time. I like to test out different products and like the look of something different. However, can't beat the Milestars. They are smooth, quiet, stay balanced, and do well in just about every situation. There is no competition for them in the 38-40 sizes, they are the only hybrid. A hybrid was needed in these sizes, glad Milestar jumped into the market with the Patagonia.

20191012_140532.jpg

20190930_144428.jpg

20190930_121041.jpg

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I'm on my 3rd set: 38s, 40s, 38s.

I usually choose a different tire each time. I like to test out different products and like the look of something different. However, can't beat the Milestars. They are smooth, quiet, stay balanced, and do well in just about every situation. There is no competition for them in the 38-40 sizes, they are the only hybrid. A hybrid was needed in these sizes, glad Milestar jumped into the market with the Patagonia.

20191012_140532.jpg

20190930_144428.jpg

20190930_121041.jpg
Third set? How many miles are on that Jeep?
Sponsored