Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Are you running a stock suspension? If so do you have any rubbing issues?
I have the stock suspension for the 2019 Rubicon model. Wheeling season hasn't started yet for my club so I haven't been on a trail, but even when we do go out I won't be doing anything crazy (full articulation) so I don't foresee any issues.
Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I think it's worth mentioning again that I got these tires for about $205 each. If I have to buy another set after 25-30k miles I am still doing just fine. At that point, I will have a set of brand new tires when other tires costing MUCH more will be starting to wear out.

These tires are soft and inexpensive. We know this when we buy them. This does not stop them from riding extremely well. Harping on the mileage (especially when nobody has verifiably owned them long enough to wear a set out) is a little unnecessary.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't picked out wheels yet but my 38 x 13.5's are here! Hoping for memorial day sales if i don't get the fifteen52s. I'll update with how I like them.

I'm gonna throw them on with no lift and I'll have the MC 3.5 hopefully next month.

WlD5GD.jpg

WlDakq.jpg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I hope these live up to the hype. I ordered a set of 315/70’s yesterday. Getting a lot of reports of how nice they ride, quite, balance well, but not a lot of feedback on off-road performance, side wall strength etc.

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL - The GOAT; 2012 JK - Junior
I hope these live up to the hype. I ordered a set of 315/70’s yesterday. Getting a lot of reports of how nice they ride, quite, balance well, but not a lot of feedback on off-road performance, side wall strength etc.
I just had a set put on yesterday. They might be a little louder than the BFG but not by much. Even my wife said they weren't loud. Smooth ride and good handling. Spare fit without any relocation nor did I have to air it down. Heading to the hills later today to see how they do. DIscount Tire had 10% off this weekend - they took a week or so to get them in.

For asphalt rolling - no compliants. I suspect off road for me will be the same.

IMG_0116.JPG

Sponsored

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I just had a set put on yesterday. They might be a little louder than the BFG but not by much. Even my wife said they weren't loud. Smooth ride and good handling. Spare fit without any relocation nor did I have to air it down. Heading to the hills later today to see how they do. DIscount Tire had 10% off this weekend - they took a week or so to get them in.

For asphalt rolling - no compliants. I suspect off road for me will be the same.

IMG_0116.JPG
Lift? Seems tall. Thanks for the feedback as well. I am close to snagging a set.

WheezysJL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Looking for some help!!!! PLEASE!!

I ordered 37x12.5R17 Milestar Patagonia M/T and Method M105 Beadlocks.

My local 4x4/Jeep shop has worked on mounting the tires to the wheel for about a week now. They called Method and the specs are spot on with no defects. The tire shop is stating that the inside diameter of the Milestars are smaller than other tires(KM3 or Trail Grapplers that they have at the shop). They are not able to seat the tire on the wheel, you can see where they do not seat completely. they have tried everything to get them to fit and they have has no luck. does anyone have a suggestion?? I would rather change wheels instead of tires!

can any one help??

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lift? Seems tall. Thanks for the feedback as well. I am close to snagging a set.
I do have a RC 2.5" lift. But overall, in person, doesn't seem tall. The picture makes it look a little tall I guess. So I've had these tires on for a couple weeks -- took a friend out up to the hills. He couldn't believe MT tires were so quiet on the road even with the top off. Running on the trails the tires seemed to do well and I can't complain for my usage. At this point, I will be getting another set when these wear out.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I do have a RC 2.5" lift. But overall, in person, doesn't seem tall. The picture makes it look a little tall I guess. So I've had these tires on for a couple weeks -- took a friend out up to the hills. He couldn't believe MT tires were so quiet on the road even with the top off. Running on the trails the tires seemed to do well and I can't complain for my usage. At this point, I will be getting another set when these wear out.
I meant taller than stock, it looks good! I'm close to buying a set myself, just have to get some dealer issues sorted first. I'll be running them at stock height.

Thanks for the reply!

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant taller than stock, it looks good! I'm close to buying a set myself, just have to get some dealer issues sorted first. I'll be running them at stock height.

Thanks for the reply!
Oh, certainly is taller than stock. I figure the tires are 1.5" taller (give or take) than the BFG 33's plus the 2.5" of lift -- I'm guessing 3-4" taller than stock but I never took any measurements along the way. I'm very happy with the tires and the wife likes them which makes the whole process of adding larger tires even easier.

Sponsored

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
Looking for some help!!!! PLEASE!!

I ordered 37x12.5R17 Milestar Patagonia M/T and Method M105 Beadlocks.

My local 4x4/Jeep shop has worked on mounting the tires to the wheel for about a week now. They called Method and the specs are spot on with no defects. The tire shop is stating that the inside diameter of the Milestars are smaller than other tires(KM3 or Trail Grapplers that they have at the shop). They are not able to seat the tire on the wheel, you can see where they do not seat completely. they have tried everything to get them to fit and they have has no luck. does anyone have a suggestion?? I would rather change wheels instead of tires!

can any one help??

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
I understand that the rim on the Patagonia's is not trimmed very well with excess rubber. You might want to trim them with a razor blade prior to mounting them. Did they use the additional spacer ring for the Method 105's?

I have the same tires and wheels (Method 105's 17 x 9" 3.5" backspace /-38 mm offset) and although they were a PITA to install, Northridge 4x4 was able to get them installed without the additional spacer rings. They trimmed the inside of the tire and they were able to get them installed. They seal and they balance very well on the 105's. Maybe try a shop that specializes in Jeep mods and installs bead lock's rather than a tire shop.

WheezysJL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I understand that the rim on the Patagonia's is not trimmed very well with excess rubber. You might want to trim them with a razor blade prior to mounting them. Did they use the additional spacer ring for the Method 105's?

I have the same tires and wheels (Method 105's 17 x 9" 3.5" backspace /-38 mm offset) and although they were a PITA to install, Northridge 4x4 was able to get them installed without the additional spacer rings. They trimmed the inside of the tire and they were able to get them installed. They seal and they balance very well on the 105's. Maybe try a shop that specializes in Jeep mods and installs bead lock's rather than a tire shop.
Method said the spacer rings are for tires that are too loose on the rim, not to fix the issue that I'm having.The shop they were at was a jeep and 4x4 shop. I just dropped them off to another shop tonight, fingers crossed!

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
Oh I hear ya, yes there are others out there but none that I haven’t tried or a price point that is spot that’s worth the savings to try. What brands were you thinking? Nittos 37 claims to be 36. High something but it’s betweem a 35.5”-35.75”. I’m hearing the milestars are running about 37.25”. Every inch counts when you’re kissing rocks on the belly
My 38x13.50-17 Patagonia MTs on a 17x9 wheel on a relatively modded (read heavy) JKU measure true at 36" tall.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
My 38x13.50-17 Patagonia MTs on a 17x9 wheel on a relatively modded (read heavy) JKU measure true at 36" tall.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I had the same tires on a heavily modified/heavy weighted JKU and they measured 37 even under the jeep.

I currently have the 40s on a heavily modified JLU and they measure 39 even.

20190312_152532.jpg

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Hmmm my 38s messure 37" on my JL.
Sponsored