Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Who makes Patagonias?

Milestar Tires makes Patagonia: https://www.milestartires.com

About Us:
MILESTAR TIRES are developed with a focus on outstanding quality and high performance. Offering a wide product assortment in Passenger, High Performance, Ultra-High Performance, Light Truck, and Commercial Medium Radial Truck applications, Milestar options cover the needs of the tire replacement market.

Owned and marketed by Tireco, Inc., a U.S.-based private brand marketer and distribution company. Founded in 1972, Tireco, Inc. has become an industry leader in consumer, commercial, and specialty tires, as well as towable and custom wheel products. Today, Tireco, Inc. is headquartered in Gardena, California and has an extensive network of national dealer/distributors and operates one of the country’s largest tire warehouses located in Fontana, California. Tireco, Inc. is dedicated to providing dealers with exceptional service and quality products at an outstanding value.

For more information on Tireco, Inc., please visit Tireco.com.

They're good tires for the price. Probably the best bang for the buck currently out there in the off road industry.

We've got a three rigs (two JLs and a Ram truck) here at the Silverdale Northridge4x4 location with Patagonias on them and so far we've been super impressed. They ride and drive great and are pretty quiet for an aggressive tire.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Who makes Patagonias?

And what makes Lite Brite an expert on tires?
Who was claiming Lite Brite was a tire expert?? They just have a couple videos putting the tires through some 4x4 duty, and they perform well in them.

Tireco makes them. Who is Tireco? And they've been making off road tires for 2 years. Sounds like a lot of experience.
How long are you supposed to wait to try a new tire? And FWIW Tireco has been manufacturing tires for a long time and their parent company Nankang has been making them since the 50s. They balance easy, are quiet, have an aggressive look, and have been getting positive reviews
from all that have ran them on this site.

I like mine just fine, if that changes I'll be posting that, assuming the reviews hold true I won't have to :)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Who was claiming Lite Brite was a tire expert?? They just have a couple videos putting the tires through some 4x4 duty, and they perform well in them.

How long are you supposed to wait to try a new tire? And FWIW Tireco has been manufacturing tires for a long time and their parent company Nankang has been making them since the 50s. They balance easy, are quiet, have an aggressive look, and have been getting positive reviews
from all that have ran them on this site.

I like mine just fine, if that changes I'll be posting that, assuming the reviews hold true I won't have to :)
The OP referenced them as if they were influencers like Tire Rack or Motor Trend.

Nanking? I stick to real tire manufacturers like Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Michelin. And a number of people on the forum bitch about how terrible the JL is after 2 years so why would anyone trust an offroad tire after only making them for 2 or 3 years. Go ahead and experiment for them I'll stick to manufacturers that have have decades of experience.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Brad please stop feeding the troll. You know better! Lol.

Who cares about the uninformed opinion of someone who dislikes the tires for reasons other than having used them and having legitimate bad experiences with them? Why even engage in debate?

I’m not a fan of Ferrari. While many people have owned them and have more experience than I do with them (I’ve never owned or driven one) I will continue to ignore their thoughts about the matter and choose to dislike the brand nonetheless. Why should my ignorance and inexperience with the actual vehicles matter in me forming my opinion, and why should I avoid throwing my ignorant opinions in the face of Fernando Alonso or Kimi Raikkonen?

I think I’m going to walk into the local dealership and start telling owners and buyers how much I dislike Ferraris.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Carlton! I love the look of your setup- if you don't mind which wheels are you running on your jeep?

Also has anyone run the 37x12.5 successfully on the stock Rubicon wheels with a 2.5" lift? I have ordered my tires but I'm holding out for the wheels because I can't decide what to get and my budget needs some time to catch up to my build. Would I need spacers and the spare tire reinforcement kit or could I get away with running stock wheels and spare tire carrier for a few months until I could afford to swap it all out?
Thanks. The wheels are Vision Nemesis. I haven't installed the rings yet. They are color matched.

EQ_JLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. The wheels are Vision Nemesis. I haven't installed the rings yet. They are color matched.
Going to look sick- look forward to seeing photos of that!

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I tested my new Milestar Patagonia M/T's for about 40 miles in the snow storm yesterday. With 4-Hi engaged, the Jeep almost acted like it was on dry pavement. Snow was pretty deep and on my way home there was plenty of ice underneath. Almost any tire will slide on ice, but when there was only snow and slush my Jeep was really solid.

Real talk from a real owner: These tires are awesome.

upload_2019-4-11_12-19-24.png

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good lord, walmart has the 38s at $205 right now. Someone buy them so I don't. https://www.walmart.com/ip/38X13-50R17LT-119Q-C-6-BW-MILESTAR-PATAGONIA-M-T/776392809

Anyone running these on a stock rubi (not stock rims)? I could order them and let them sit around for another few months until I have my suspension and wheels picked.. but then I've got 6' of tires sitting around in my garage.. Also worried about garage height.

Would love to support Northridge, I hate walmart.. That price gap tho.

Is this their normal price for them? I haven't been following Milestars at all until recently

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Carlton! I love the look of your setup- if you don't mind which wheels are you running on your jeep?

Also has anyone run the 37x12.5 successfully on the stock Rubicon wheels with a 2.5" lift? I have ordered my tires but I'm holding out for the wheels because I can't decide what to get and my budget needs some time to catch up to my build. Would I need spacers and the spare tire reinforcement kit or could I get away with running stock wheels and spare tire carrier for a few months until I could afford to swap it all out?
I and many others run 37x12.5 with stock wheels. They are balooned up a little and wear the center a little faster, but perfectly safe. Just run less air I use 26/28 cold 30 hot. With RK lower control arms, spacers were a must.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Good lord, walmart has the 38s at $205 right now. Someone buy them so I don't. https://www.walmart.com/ip/38X13-50R17LT-119Q-C-6-BW-MILESTAR-PATAGONIA-M-T/776392809

Anyone running these on a stock rubi (not stock rims)? I could order them and let them sit around for another few months until I have my suspension and wheels picked.. but then I've got 6' of tires sitting around in my garage.. Also worried about garage height.

Is this their normal price for them? I haven't been following Milestars at all until recently
Walmart prices change daily. I've seen them range from $180-$300+

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT

They were $192 last week and out of stock. Showed discount tire and they did $180. Tread lightly got me a $50 rebate card and military got me another $50 card so $160. Amazing price for 38x13.5 tire.
Sponsored