Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
failed me on ice this past weekend allowing us to spin around 2-3 times on black ice and going down a 10' embankment, the fact that we didn't roll over is an act of God. I'm fully convinced we would not have spun that bad on the Nittos.
I, too spun around on some ice. I have it on video. Might try to upload it later.
The problem with Nitto's is I don't think they are 3-peak rated for snow/ice.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I, too spun around on some ice. I have it on video. Might try to upload it later.
The problem with Nitto's is I don't think they are 3-peak rated for snow/ice.
Terra Grappler G2 are 3 peak rated.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/terra-grappler-g2-all-terrain-light-truck-tire/

The Ridge Grappler, which is their hybrid, does not appear to be though.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

That's why I went back to the pebble tossers, KO2's.

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Have about 25k on my 295/70/17 E-load rated Pats, still have about .375" or 3/8" (12/32nds) rotated every 6k mile when I change my oil.
I have 315/70/17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s waiting to be installed. I was hoping I'd have more wear to justify changing out my tires by now, have 1 more 2k mile trip next month so I think I'll change them out after that one.

The tires are good in the dry rocky stuff, I don't really trust them in wet, and especially wet & freezing, that's when it's best to leave my JL parked. I know the new Mickey Thompsons will be better in every aspect, so I'm looking forward to the change. But TBH I can't complain about the Pats, they were only $124 each when I got them in late 2018, and have never failed me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire? IMG_0776.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire? IMG_0777.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire? IMG_0778.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire? IMG_0779.JPG

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Have about 25k on my 295/70/17 E-load rated Pats, still have about .375" or 3/8" (12/32nds) rotated every 6k mile when I change my oil.
I have 315/70/17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s waiting to be installed. I was hoping I'd have more wear to justify changing out my tires by now, have 1 more 2k mile trip next month so I think I'll change them out after that one.

The tires are good in the dry rocky stuff, I don't really trust them in wet, and especially wet & freezing, that's when it's best to leave my JL parked. I know the new Mickey Thompsons will be better in every aspect, so I'm looking forward to the change. But TBH I can't complain about the Pats, they were only $124 each when I got them in late 2018, and have never failed me.
Thats about what my Cooper STT PRO tires looked like when I pulled them off at 54,000 miles. I sold my used STT PRO tires for $450. I think I could have easily gotten over 60,000 miles on the STT pro tires, but I did not want to change them in the winter time. Note I mount my own tires on bead locks.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I posted this on the gladiator forum but thought I'd get some insight here. What kind of mileage are you getting out of these? The second photo is with about 27k miles on them. I was impressed in snow and ice last year when newer but yesterday I was slipping quite a bit in the ice.

Rotated approx every 5k miles running at 36 PSI on road. These are the 37's on 17's.

Photo 1: When new ~less than 500 miles on them
Photo 2: At approx 27500 miles.
45,000 miles on my cousin's 7,500 lb. Ram 2500 Cummins. On a Jeep I can go 50k or more easily. They wear great.

Jeepin'Johnny

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
In those 3 sets of pats you had, have you ever noticed any bad cupping on the center of the tire? I know , mine are shitty after 12k and rotating every 4K all 5 of them. Every pat I seen in person seems to have the same problem. Maybe I’m the only one that has a problem with tires doing that.
Did you ever figure out what the cause was? I am having cupping issues at about 10k. I don't know if it has happened so slowly that I didn't notice but one day I realized man these have gotten loud and looked to see fronts are cupping bad on center treads and rears are fine. Thanks!

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Did you ever figure out what the cause was? I am having cupping issues at about 10k. I don't know if it has happened so slowly that I didn't notice but one day I realized man these have gotten loud and looked to see fronts are cupping bad on center treads and rears are fine. Thanks!
Are you running them at 36-37psi?
Sponsored