Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I picked up 5each 315/70/17 for $165each. That was a good enough deal to try them. Im usually a tire brand snob. Had them on about 900 miles. Running at 30psi. I was really surprised that i didn't have to balance them. They are quieter than expected too. No experience offroad yet
I also would love to find out where I can get that deal.. is this public info or did you know someone?
Sponsored

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I picked up 5each 315/70/17 for $165each. That was a good enough deal to try them. Im usually a tire brand snob. Had them on about 900 miles. Running at 30psi. I was really surprised that i didn't have to balance them. They are quieter than expected too. No experience offroad yet
Did u mount them on a stock JL wheel?

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I have 315/70/17 on stock Rubicon wheels and there have been no fit issues. I do have a slight rub at full steering lock but that’s only after I swapped to some larger aftermarket front sway bar end links. They barely rub at full lock, but yours won’t unless you change to the SteerSmarts links too. As far as the tire fitment on the wheel 285 or 295 are totally within spec.

You’re fine.
So you had a little rubbing on your Jeep? Is it a rubicon?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So you had a little rubbing on your Jeep? Is it a rubicon?
I have a Rubicon. But since I posted that I have made some changes. I have wheels with +12 offset. I have 1” spacers. I have 37/12.5/17 tires. I changed the SteerSmarts front sway bar end links for Rock Krawler No Limits ones. I don’t rub anymore at all even at full wheel lock.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yes. Many including myself have installed 315/70-17's on the factory 17x7.5 wheels, without issue.
Yep, Rubicons should be fine for the most part w/ those wider axles, Sports & Saharas not so much :(

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I posted this on the gladiator forum but thought I'd get some insight here. What kind of mileage are you getting out of these? The second photo is with about 27k miles on them. I was impressed in snow and ice last year when newer but yesterday I was slipping quite a bit in the ice.

Rotated approx every 5k miles running at 36 PSI on road. These are the 37's on 17's.

Photo 1: When new ~less than 500 miles on them
Photo 2: At approx 27500 miles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire? Evernote Snapshot 20200803 170600
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire? 27k

Sponsored

dos531

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 12 Gallardo Performante, 86 Porsche 930
I posted this on the gladiator forum but thought I'd get some insight here. What kind of mileage are you getting out of these? The second photo is with about 27k miles on them. I was impressed in snow and ice last year when newer but yesterday I was slipping quite a bit in the ice.

Rotated approx every 5k miles running at 36 PSI on road. These are the 37's on 17's.

You ran those way longer than I would have. Ive run them on 2 of my rigs before, and we just put a set of 38s on my girlfriends jl. I expect around 20k of useful life when rotated properly.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

My understanding is this is about right. They are a soft tire and I personally HATE them and got rid of them asap after buying them on the first Jeep. Have 38 Pats on my current Jeep because they came with it but I also have a brand new set of 38 Nittos sitting in the garage to replace them asap.
You are the first person I've ever heard saying they like how they handle in the ice and snow. IMO they are death traps in the rain. Mine are in need of replacing and, like you, they completely failed me on ice this past weekend allowing us to spin around 2-3 times on black ice and going down a 10' embankment, the fact that we didn't roll over is an act of God. I'm fully convinced we would not have spun that bad on the Nittos.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
You ran those way longer than I would have. Ive run them on 2 of my rigs before, and we just put a set of 38s on my girlfriends jl. I expect around 20k of useful life when rotated properly.

@dos531 & @Jaym . I have 22k on my 38 pats and they do not look anywhere near that warned out. Rotate roughly every 3500 miles.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm currently running 38s that I bought second hand. They had about 10/32 when I bought them in July. I've probably put about 8k miles on them since. Definitely starting to wear quickly. I'll probably replace them with Nittos, but I might switch to the Yokohama or Falkens.

Derf123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu
Don’t they have a version two of pats coming out first quarter of 2022? I might give the version two a shot.
Sponsored