Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hello, I just stumbled onto this thread. I ordered a set of 295/70/17's for my jl and mounted them last week. As mentioned, they are the quietest mud mt I've ever had, and the road manners are great at all speeds. They also are not nearly as stiff as I thought they would be for an e rated tire. Headed up in the snow today to see how they do.

I am going to chalk them this morning to figure out the psi I need to run in them. I mounted them on a set of stock 7.5" jl wheels for the time being.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with them given that they were just over $600 for a set of 5!
We had a blizzard 2 weeks ago. They did very well in the snow. I was happy about it.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hello, I just stumbled onto this thread. I ordered a set of 295/70/17's for my jl and mounted them last week. As mentioned, they are the quietest mud mt I've ever had, and the road manners are great at all speeds. They also are not nearly as stiff as I thought they would be for an e rated tire. Headed up in the snow today to see how they do.

I am going to chalk them this morning to figure out the psi I need to run in them. I mounted them on a set of stock 7.5" jl wheels for the time being.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with them given that they were just over $600 for a set of 5!
Nice! Did you get them on walmart.com? I guess you must have since I haven't seen them for anywhere near that price anywhere else, deal of the century IMO :)
Wish I could run mine, mounted up on my new wheels just waiting on the delivery :)

Jcarey

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl, 1973 cut, 1998 4runner, 1988 samurai,
Nice! Did you get them on walmart.com? I guess you must have since I haven't seen them for anywhere near that price anywhere else, deal of the century IMO :)
Wish I could run mine, mounted up on my new wheels just waiting on the delivery :)
I did get them on Walmart.com. Took them in to have them mounted on a set of jk wheels at the local Walmart tire center. Buying the extended warranty cancels out mounting fees, so I went ahead and did that. Found out Walmart has a policy against installing non tpms wheels on the jl. I had to do that part myself. I also used the tazer to get rid of tpms and recalibrate for the bigger tires. :)

Jcarey

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We had a blizzard 2 weeks ago. They did very well in the snow. I was happy about it.
Good to know! I'm going to hit the snow in an hour or so!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I did get them on Walmart.com. Took them in to have them mounted on a set of jk wheels at the local Walmart tire center. Buying the extended warranty cancels out mounting fees, so I went ahead and did that. Found out Walmart has a policy against installing non tpms wheels on the jl. I had to do that part myself. I also used the tazer to get rid of tpms and recalibrate for the bigger tires. :)
Had walmart mount & balance mine, got some ebay TPMS sensors and they were included w/ the mount. Cost $40 since I bought the tires @ walmart w/a lifetime rotate/balance, so almost free, lol.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
What kinda life mileage do people get out of these. I am tempted but get 75k miles out of TKOs. They rot before I run out of tread on my TJ.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
What kinda life mileage do people get out of these. I am tempted but get 75k miles out of TKOs. They rot before I run out of tread on my TJ.
I doubt anyone has an answer to this as the tires have only been on the market maybe 2 years. Just starting to see people choosing them. That being said, they are a soft compound, which is great for traction. Most likely not the longest lasting tires.

Jcarey

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20181208_170727.jpg
20181208_171906.jpg
Hopefully you have the same experience. Let us know.
Well, the snow had significantly decreased over the last week, and what was left was pretty much ice.

The drive to the area was about 40 miles of paved roads, 7 miles of gravel, and lots of ice. I continue to be very impressed with the road manners of these things.

Ps- I haven't gotten around to installing my lift yet, and to my surprise, these have not rubbed or had any issues at all on a stock sport.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
20181208_170727.jpg
20181208_171906.jpg

Well, the snow had significantly decreased over the last week, and what was left was pretty much ice.

The drive to the area was about 40 miles of paved roads, 7 miles of gravel, and lots of ice. I continue to be very impressed with the road manners of these things.

Ps- I haven't gotten around to installing my lift yet, and to my surprise, these have not rubbed or had any issues at all on a stock sport.
Glad they did well for you as well. Usually ice with any tire is a hassle. I think the soft compound and siped center lugs lead to them working well.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
1C52FC84-34DB-4D35-8F06-5033680C37C2.jpeg
48F0153B-C2B0-4D69-9F4D-65806A29A2F9.jpeg
Really liking mine. The 37s make the vehicle less darty. Mileage has not been affected significantly.
I picked up my JLUR Monday and noticed it lurches forward/speeds up when stopping or rolling at lower speeds. Maybe the solution is putting on the 40s I have waiting lol.

What size lift did you go with?

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Yes, 1st is very low and lurches with stock tires. I suspect they made it as low as practically possible for 37s. 37s definitely solves that! I installed a 2.5 rough country spacer lift.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yes, 1st is very low and lurches with stock tires. I suspect they made it as low as practically possible for 37s. 37s definitely solves that! I installed a 2.5 rough country spacer lift.
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just throw the lift and tires on and skip getting it checked lol. I went with the Skyjacker 4 inch kit.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Only thing about these tires is they send them over on ships. Containers full of these tires. And then those get distributed all over the U.S. So when that supply is gone, you have to wait until they make another batch of them.

Currently, the 315/70-17 is sold out everywhere I've looked. So it's the waiting game.....
Sponsored