Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Getting a lot of hate from some about the Patagonias. "Get what ya pay for..." and all that. I still find them better than the KO2's in almost every respect. They don't toss nearly the rocks, have better grip off road and in snow... why all the hate?

My tires were balanced by a tech who gave no F's apparently or just didn't know to line up the valve stem with the yellow dot... so I do have a lot of weight to balance. They drive fine now though.

How many of you have a lot of weight to balance your Patagonias?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Getting a lot of hate from some about the Patagonias. "Get what ya pay for..." and all that. I still find them better than the KO2's in almost every respect. They don't toss nearly the rocks, have better grip off road and in snow... why all the hate?

My tires were balanced by a tech who gave no F's apparently or just didn't know to line up the valve stem with the yellow dot... so I do have a lot of weight to balance. They drive fine now though.

The techs at my local Walmart index-mounted the tires (lining up the red dot w/ the valve stem) and the tech that mounted them said the amount of wheel weights used and the overall effort it took to get them balanced was quite a bit less than other tires he's mounted at that size.

I haven't had any vibration issues and the Pats are wearing very even at about 10k miles now. At this rate should get 25k or more out of the set, mine are E-rated, not sure if that will make them wear a bit longer???

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
38s
NO LIFT.
NO DOORS.

E351D290-3016-40D8-A5CA-5EB191198A09.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Hey...My 37" Milestars took a decent amount of weight to balance. I've had them for 3 months and previously ran 315/70/17 load c ko2's for 15k miles. I'll say the milestar's don't ride as smooth or as quiet on road as the ko2's. I run the milestar's at 26psi cold so they make better contact and don't ride as stiff and there's a noticeable hum on the road above 45mph...its not bad, but it's there. I disagree when people say they are silent on road. I like them ok on road so far and also did fine in snow and wheeling once. Next time, I will prob go with Yokohama Geolander G003 or bfg km3 bc they will last a good bit longer and have a less rounded off tread. I saw this post below on youtube and felt like it was fairly accurate...although not tactful.
cdiFmN5.jpg

View attachment 287854

FL1AUjO.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey...My 37" Milestars took a decent amount of weight to balance. I've had them for 3 months and previously ran 315/70/17 load c ko2's for 15k miles. I'll say the milestar's don't ride as smooth or as quiet on road as the ko2's. I run the milestar's at 26psi cold so they make better contact and don't ride as stiff and there's a noticeable hum on the road above 45mph...its not bad, but it's there. I disagree when people say they are silent on road. I like them ok on road so far and also did fine in snow and wheeling once. Next time, I will prob go with Yokohama Geolander G003 or bfg km3 bc they will last a good bit longer and have a less rounded off tread. I saw this post below on youtube and felt like it was fairly accurate...although not tactful.
cdiFmN5.jpg

View attachment 287854

FL1AUjO.jpg
Well I did try to sell mine to maybe move up to 37's, but I had no bites. So far I've liked them better than KO2's and my old KM2's. They have been good at everything I've done, except icy roads of coarse. So I'll run them bald and decide then where to go. :dunno:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Well I did try to sell mine to maybe move up to 37's, but I had no bites. So far I've liked them better than KO2's and my old KM2's. They have been good at everything I've done, except icy roads of coarse. So I'll run them bald and decide then where to go. :dunno:
I hear ya...one glaring difference is many people get 60-70k miles out of ko2's and most are getting 25k miles out of milestars....a few push it to 30k.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I hear ya...one glaring difference is many people get 60-70k miles out of ko2's and most are getting 25k miles out of milestars....a few push it to 30k.
Yeah, I'm not worried about being stuck with them too long. lol

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@ChattVol
I wouldn't say they're a quiet tire, I will say they are quieter than I thought they'd be based on the treadblock though :)

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Yeah, I'm not worried about being stuck with them too long. lol
@ChattVol
I wouldn't say they're a quiet tire, I will say they are quieter than I thought they'd be based on the treadblock though :)
Yeah...prob bc it's a hybrid with a very rounded tread that largely rides on the center AT spaced tread with the outer lugs not touching the road. Try doing a chalk test at 30psi....has to cause uneven wear.

laniercruzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Just finished the install, everything mounted up like it should. First impressions are very good. I also changed the track bars, glad I did too, the stock hardware is a freaking joke, like a quarter of the weight of the new stuff. Ride with the mopar setup and these C load 38’s is plush at 29lbs psi, much better than stock and I have less dead steering wheel feel. I don’t know what anyone above is talking about, they are just as quite as the stock tires and seem to track better. They balanced out with very little weight.

7BB2F8FD-9516-466A-8365-A905D5B2369B.jpeg

2F772103-6F25-42BE-AD5F-3B165A429D90.jpeg

F8CC7507-D169-4420-8709-92D682F03CAC.jpeg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Just finished the install, everything mounted up like it should. First impressions are very good. I also changed the track bars, glad I did too, the stock hardware is a freaking joke, like a quarter of the weight of the new stuff. Ride with the mopar setup and these C load 38’s is plush at 29lbs psi, much better than stock and I have less dead steering wheel feel. I don’t know what anyone above is talking about, they are just as quite as the stock tires and seem to track better. They balanced out with very little weight.

7BB2F8FD-9516-466A-8365-A905D5B2369B.jpeg

2F772103-6F25-42BE-AD5F-3B165A429D90.jpeg
Looks great...glad you like them

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In that pasted post that @ChattVol posted, I wouldn't put Nittos in that top tier tire group. IMO the tires in the top tier would be Cooper, BFG, Goodyear, Mickey Thompson, Toyo. There are other top tier companies that aren't too heavy in 4x4 tires but make much higher quality tires than Nittos such as Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental, Kumho.

I'd put Patagonias closer to Nittos than what that post illustrates. I know Nittos are very popular in the Jeep community, and I'm not at all saying they are bad tires, but they are not a top tier tire company in regards to quality vs. a few of the others that he listed on a lower rung.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
In that pasted post that @ChattVol posted, I wouldn't put Nittos in that top tier tire group. IMO the tires in the top tier would be Cooper, BFG, Goodyear, Mickey Thompson, Toyo. There are other top tier companies that aren't too heavy in 4x4 tires but make much higher quality tires than Nittos such as Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental, Kumho.

I'd put Patagonias closer to Nittos than what that post illustrates. I know Nittos are very popular in the Jeep community, and I'm not at all saying they are bad tires, but they are not a top tier tire company in regards to quality vs. a few of the others that he listed on a lower rung.
Aren't Toyo and Nitto made in the same factory and in many cases use the same carcass and rubber compounds?
This would be a perfect example of that:
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/393586/toyo-recalls-4-891-toyo-and-nitto-tires
Sponsored

Last edited: