Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

vaayl

First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I personally haven’t mounted either size on a stock wheel, but I’ve seen a lot of people mount different 285’s on stock wheels without issues. If I am not mistaken, I think that is the stock size on most JL and JK rubicons. I think that is about the largest size you can go without issues. I do not think the 295’s will fit on the wheel properly and you’ll have some clearance issues.

I’ve heard good things about the 285 size tires, I think you’ll be happy with them.
Thank you for the advice! I think that’s probably the best plan to go for the 285/70-17 I think I’ll contact my local discount tire today and get them on order. I’ll put up some photos when it’s done.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hello everyone, I just read through most of this thread looking at what you all think of the Patagonias. I have been looking around at all different types of tires and these seem like they could be a good fit for me (Plus I love how they look!).

I'll be doing quite a few beach trips this year along with a couple trips to a few different trails in VA/NC. I'm not looking to do anything too crazy with it, I'm aiming for more easy/moderate trails.

I am on a bit of a budget though, so after reading through this thread I think these would be great at least as a good starting point for my 2-Door JL. I am debating between the 285/70R17 & the 295/70R17 most likely mounted on my stock wheels for now.

Some of my questions/concerns are:

I saw on Milestar's site that the minimum wheel size is 7.5 inches for both size tires, which the stock wheel has, but I was wondering if there could be any issue with this? Has anyone else mounted one of these tires on a stock wheel? I'd like to upgrade the wheels eventually, just trying to save a bit of money if possible.

If I go for the slightly bigger 295/70R17 would I have any rubbing on road with my stock sport? I like the look of the size and I was planning on adding a 1.5 inch spacer lift soon too, just trying to figure out if it would be best to do the spacer lift at the same time or before adding the tires.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
I have 315/70/17 on stock Rubicon wheels and there have been no fit issues. I do have a slight rub at full steering lock but that’s only after I swapped to some larger aftermarket front sway bar end links. They barely rub at full lock, but yours won’t unless you change to the SteerSmarts links too. As far as the tire fitment on the wheel 285 or 295 are totally within spec.

You’re fine.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
How are you liking the 38s?
Unfortunately, I have't been able to get them on the Jeep yet. They're mounted. I just need to get the front fender chop done this weekend and then get them up to Discount Tire for balancing. Next weekend for sure.

IMG_4310.JPG

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Unfortunately, I have't been able to get them on the Jeep yet. They're mounted. I just need to get the front fender chop done this weekend and then get them up to Discount Tire for balancing. Next weekend for sure.

IMG_4310.JPG
Nice! Love those wheels. What lift are you running? Did you regear?

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Love those wheels. What lift are you running? Did you regear?
Thanks. I'm on the Dynatrac 2" lift. I haven't regeared but I am seriously considering it. Still not sure if I should do 4.88's or 5.13's.

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_4310.JPG
I love the white wheel! Never even considered that color, it looks awesome.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the white wheel! Never even considered that color, it looks awesome.
Thanks. They look awesome in person. Hard to capture at least in that light. They are definitely different.

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got some 17x8.5 Methods with 4.75 backspacing. Trying to see if I can clear the 38s
The 38's are surprisingly not wide at all. I'm very disappointed by that, honestly. I was hoping for more. They are only about 13.25" wide mounted on a 9" wheel. You may be fine with the 4.75" BS.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

IMG_4310.JPG
Those look so BADASS!

I do like those bead locks. :like:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see a lot of non-Rubi's or 33's, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here and share my experience with my JL Sahara. I tired to hit the common themes in the thread as well.

I picked up 5 Milestar Patagonia MT in 275/70r18 with Vision Manx 398 wheels, 18x9 +18 offset (roughly 5.7in backspace). I got the whole set at a steal; $148 each for the tires, $160 each for the wheels, $1800 out the door installed. Thank you Discount Tire!!!

I was skeptical about the Pat's, but between this thread, a lot of research and reading of other reviews, I was convinced to give them a shot. In spirit of honesty, my only concern was tread life. I ran 35in Kelly Safari TSR's on my JK and projected about 50k on those, so hearing that these would net 35k ish miles worried me. But... at $148 per tire, I couldn't find a proper argument for lower tread life. My first impressions and before/after pictures are below.

Tires: I've run several sets of mud tires in the past, I knew what I was getting into when I bought an E load LT tire. That's a big jump from the squishy, and quite frankly, terrible stock Bridgestones that came on the Jeep. No knock to Bridgestone, they have some good tires, but the stock set I had were terrible. I went through 3 tires in 12 months because of punctures from road debris. Purchasing the Mopar wheel/tire replacement program when I got the Jeep was the best purchase I've ever made. They replaced all 3 at no cost, but hell, I don't want to be in the dealer every few months replacing tires. This program will carry over to the new wheels and tires. Win-Win.

Noise: Anyway, these are a significant departure from stock. Yes, they are loud. I'd say louder than most people are letting on. I am OK with that though, I like the sound of a mud tire. However, they are not obnoxiously loud and probably on par with a ko2 or Duratrac. Definitely quieter than my TSR's were.

Ride: Being an E load, they are much more stiff than stock. Even at 34psi they ride stiff. I am OK with this though, it doesn't bother me and appreciate that quality. One thing that I noticed is, there is a bit of vibration from the lugs at low speed. When you roll at idle and the first few MPH's, you can feel the lugs. That goes away at speed, comes back when you decelerate to low speeds. I don't mind it, it's actually kind of neat.

Tracking: These have a tendency to wonder if not aired properly. If they are over inflated, like any mud or aggressive tire, they will lead your Jeep to wonder. I aired down to 34, still a bit high, but corrected most of that.

MPG's: Fuel efficiency, going from a 255 to 275 series, is not significantly impacted. I've noticed about a 0.5mpg drop in fuel economy.

Speedo: Not really effected. The speedo is off by 1mph over 50mph, and about 2mph over 70 mph. Keeping in mind, I only increased the size of the tire about 1.5 inches, I was not expecting a huge difference in the speedo readings.

Looks: Badass. I've had big Jeeps in the past, and given this gal will be taking many long road trips, I did not want to go too big. Just enough to be more capable than stock and have a proper stance. I'll be adding a Rubi takeoff suspension and front spacers soon, so that will add about 1in lift and level it out. I think this tire/wheel combo is a great compliment to that look.

That it. Any questions, let me know.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg
Are these shots with the stock suspension?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Full stock suspension.
Nice. I've got a Rubi takeoff suspension on mine. I've been looking at this size for the Patagonias and I was hoping everything looked proportinate. This proves it, thanks!
Sponsored