Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Do these Milestar tire prices ever drop? I've been watching the price on the 38x13.50's and they've been at $250 (Walmart) since before Christmas. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and purchase them. Worried if I wait they'll increase.
They've been trending upward but once in a while for whatever reason you'll see a price drop, not sure about 38s though. I got my 295/70s for $124 last year but have seen them as high as $225.
$250 for 38x13.5s sounds like a solid deal though.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
They've been trending upward but once in a while for whatever reason you'll see a price drop, not sure about 38s though. I got my 295/70s for $124 last year but have seen them as high as $225.
$250 for 38x13.5s sounds like a solid deal though.
That's what I'm thinking. I might just have to jump on it. In my never ending quest to get the absolute best deal, I may just end up getting burned.

Just paid $245 on Northridge, free shipping, no tax. Forum discount does not apply to the tires though :(

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tires/22050500-milestar-patagonia-mt-37x12-50r17lt-124q-d8-rowl
38's at Northridge are $299. Seems to be the going price everywhere but Walmart.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The prices used to jump around quite a bit. Since they have really picked up in popularity they seem to mostly increase.

Walmart had the 38s for $192. I watched to see if they would go down. They went up to $205. I waited to see if they would go down and they jumped to $250. They dropped back down to $205 and I jumped on them. Few days later back up to $250.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
BTW, I didn't know this at the time, but Walmart has price guarantee. If the price goes down within 30-90 days (can't remember exactly) you can contact them and get reimbursed.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, I didn't know this at the time, but Walmart has price guarantee. If the price goes down within 30-90 days (can't remember exactly) you can contact them and get reimbursed.
That's definitely a good perk to have. In the end, I decided to have Discount Tire price match. Even though I'll be mounting them myself, I like just pulling up and having them rotate the 120lb monstrosities while I sit back and enjoy a cup of joe.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That's definitely a good perk to have. In the end, I decided to have Discount Tire price match. Even though I'll be mounting them myself, I like just pulling up and having them rotate the 120lb monstrosities while I sit back and enjoy a cup of joe.
Discount Tire is typically my go to. They are a solid company.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
:CWL::CWL::CWL:

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Do these Milestar tire prices ever drop? I've been watching the price on the 38x13.50's and they've been at $250 (Walmart) since before Christmas. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and purchase them. Worried if I wait they'll increase.
$250 for 38” mud tires is a steal! Most of them are $300+ with the national brands going up to $400.

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$250 for 38” mud tires is a steal! Most of them are $300+ with the national brands going up to $400.
Well, I did jump on them at that price. Pick them up this afternoon. Still feel like I'm paying full price. I don't like to pay full price.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Super happy with my 37 Pats so far (lol...a week). Even happier with America's Tire (Discount tire).

I put them through the ringer on my purchase, switching from 37s to 35s and then back to 37s. They took it all in stride, all while continuing to match the original price of the 37s they had listed at $226 on their website that had since changed to $257 ea, mounting the original 37s up for a test fit, swapping all 5 to the 35s and then back again after my wife went "huh..there is too much gap showing...".

Great service

vaayl

First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I just read through most of this thread looking at what you all think of the Patagonias. I have been looking around at all different types of tires and these seem like they could be a good fit for me (Plus I love how they look!).

I'll be doing quite a few beach trips this year along with a couple trips to a few different trails in VA/NC. I'm not looking to do anything too crazy with it, I'm aiming for more easy/moderate trails.

I am on a bit of a budget though, so after reading through this thread I think these would be great at least as a good starting point for my 2-Door JL. I am debating between the 285/70R17 & the 295/70R17 most likely mounted on my stock wheels for now.

Some of my questions/concerns are:

I saw on Milestar's site that the minimum wheel size is 7.5 inches for both size tires, which the stock wheel has, but I was wondering if there could be any issue with this? Has anyone else mounted one of these tires on a stock wheel? I'd like to upgrade the wheels eventually, just trying to save a bit of money if possible.

If I go for the slightly bigger 295/70R17 would I have any rubbing on road with my stock sport? I like the look of the size and I was planning on adding a 1.5 inch spacer lift soon too, just trying to figure out if it would be best to do the spacer lift at the same time or before adding the tires.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
I scored a local deal on 35 inch Patagonias at $190 per tire for 5 tires. 315/70/r17 size.
Along with those, the shop bundled Icon rebounds for $190 a piece as well.
$1895 for a set of 5.

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I just read through most of this thread looking at what you all think of the Patagonias. I have been looking around at all different types of tires and these seem like they could be a good fit for me (Plus I love how they look!).

I'll be doing quite a few beach trips this year along with a couple trips to a few different trails in VA/NC. I'm not looking to do anything too crazy with it, I'm aiming for more easy/moderate trails.

I am on a bit of a budget though, so after reading through this thread I think these would be great at least as a good starting point for my 2-Door JL. I am debating between the 285/70R17 & the 295/70R17 most likely mounted on my stock wheels for now.

Some of my questions/concerns are:

I saw on Milestar's site that the minimum wheel size is 7.5 inches for both size tires, which the stock wheel has, but I was wondering if there could be any issue with this? Has anyone else mounted one of these tires on a stock wheel? I'd like to upgrade the wheels eventually, just trying to save a bit of money if possible.

If I go for the slightly bigger 295/70R17 would I have any rubbing on road with my stock sport? I like the look of the size and I was planning on adding a 1.5 inch spacer lift soon too, just trying to figure out if it would be best to do the spacer lift at the same time or before adding the tires.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
I personally haven’t mounted either size on a stock wheel, but I’ve seen a lot of people mount different 285’s on stock wheels without issues. If I am not mistaken, I think that is the stock size on most JL and JK rubicons. I think that is about the largest size you can go without issues. I do not think the 295’s will fit on the wheel properly and you’ll have some clearance issues.

I’ve heard good things about the 285 size tires, I think you’ll be happy with them.
Sponsored