Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah...the d load is made for heavier vehicles and wont flex/absorb as well on a JL. The post above claiming 37" Pats ride quality blows away 315/70/17 load c ko2's is comical. I've driven both back to back at same psi...the ko2 load c is as smooth/quiet as a hwy tire. It reminds me of when people claim their gas mileage improved after they go from a 35" to a 37" tire in the same tire.:lipssealed:

My 37s delivered to our tire place....I'm considering selling them before I mount them and ordering 38s. However, I dont want to lose $ selling them and have to regear the 6 speed with 4.10s.
I have run KO2s in two different sizes load C and load E and also the KM2 on my JL/JT and in all cases they were STIFF. Yes, they roll smooth and don't vibrate, but the overall ride quality is crap. When I put the Milestar M/T load range D on the Jeep, INSTANT relief. No longer felt like I was riding in a tobacco wagon. There's something about the construction of BFG tires that makes them ride harsh. So no, his claims aren't comical. I've seen the same thing.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have run KO2s in two different sizes load C and load E and also the KM2 on my JL/JT and in all cases they were STIFF. Yes, they roll smooth and don't vibrate, but the overall ride quality is crap. When I put the Milestar M/T load range D on the Jeep, INSTANT relief. No longer felt like I was riding in a tobacco wagon. There's something about the construction of BFG tires that makes them ride harsh. So no, his claims aren't comical. I've seen the same thing.
What psi? The 315/70/17 ko2 rides great at 28 psi cold. I drove the ko2 and milestar back to back and the milestars and I could hear the milestar's and feel their lugs when stopping. The ko2 is silent and smooth...no comparision IMHO.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cracker_Box

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
My deal for black friday

Screenshot_20191130-215810_Gmail.jpg

Tireseasy.com

I buy the majority of my tires from them, they shipped out Friday same day I ordered, and the will be here Tuesday! But my wheels won't be here until Friday!!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
What psi? The 315/70/17 ko2 rides great at 28 psi cold. I drove the ko2 and milestar back to back and the milestars and I could hear the milestar's and feel their lugs when stopping. The ko2 is silent and smooth...no comparision IMHO.
heck I drove mine at 37psi and it was fine-same k02 size as you. However my 37s pat's are better probably in every way on the road. This will likely change when the miles rack up but I am very happy with them. Still it shows how everybody is different.

Side note: I am completely surprised at how well the 3.6 with the auto handles the larger size. Still fun to drive, brakes handle the stopping quite well too. I can see why so many dont change from 4.10's to whatever. I'm going 4.88s this week but not out of any real necessity.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
heck I drove mine at 37psi and it was fine-same k02 size as you. However my 37s pat's are better probably in every way on the road. This will likely change when the miles rack up but I am very happy with them. Still it shows how everybody is different.

Side note: I am completely surprised at how well the 3.6 with the auto handles the larger size. Still fun to drive, brakes handle the stopping quite well too. I can see why so many dont change from 4.10's to whatever. I'm going 4.88s this week but not out of any real necessity.
There's your problem...37 psi is way too much for the c load ko2....they'll ride like a brick. I did a chalk test and 28-30 psi allows full contact patch and rides like a dream.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
There's your problem...37 psi is way too much for the c load ko2....they'll ride like a brick. I did a chalk test and 28-30 psi allows full contact patch and rides like a dream.
I didnt have a problem with them. Thought they rode fine. Same for the Pat's.

Cracker_Box

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Got mine in today. Mounted one on my spare for fun until my wheels get here Friday!

315/70 on the stock sport wheel

20191203_172900.jpg

Pretty much 4" taller than the stock tire. Could probably run them like this on stock wheels with spacers. (I'm on rubi suspension) but I wouldn't be getting any offroadin done.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Just so you all know that Amazon had Cooper STT PRO 37x12.51r17 on sale for 269. and Discount tire matched the deal for my bud that bought tires last week.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a coworker who has Milestar patagonia MT 37x12.50x17 5 tires Brand new, never mounted and is asking $1150 for all 5. Is this a really good deal? It's not the tire I wanted but if it's a killer deal I'll jump on it

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I have a coworker who has Milestar patagonia MT 37x12.50x17 5 tires Brand new, never mounted and is asking $1150 for all 5. Is this a really good deal? It's not the tire I wanted but if it's a killer deal I'll jump on it
discount sells them for 224 plus tax and other fees. I would call them and get an out the door price and also a price on mounting/balancing the ones your referring to.