Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running at 33psi
I have been running 37 which is too high.

I would really like to know what PSI people are running the 37” tire road and hwy.

I run 17psi on most trails.
Sponsored

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I just changed over to the 38” Pats and it’s a total night and day difference from my old Maxxis 37’s. The Maxxis Razr are a load E so I’ve just settled for a harsher ride the past year or so. The Maxxis were a decent tire but nothing to just rave about. I also noticed how bad the chunking was once I pulled the Maxxis tires off and saw the full tread patch. So far the Pats are smooth and a lot quieter on the road. I haven’t been able to hit the trails yet but looking forward to seeing how they do. I am also running balancing beads instead of weights and so far so good. My previous setup was the Mopar Bead Locks with the simulated ring and Maxxis Razr 37x12.50r17 and on the scale they were right at 123 pounds. The 38x13.50r17 Pats and Dirtylife Roadkill real Bead Locks that I have had powder coated anodized red weighed in at 116 pounds. So going to a functioning bead lock and 38’s saved me 7 pounds a tire! Also Discount Tire matched the out of stock Walmart price of $195 a tire.

Love reading all the positive comments from this group and helped me pull the trigger on these tires.

4CEEE0F4-2A2F-4AB7-BD6B-7D553DD9CE23.jpeg

849A138E-9183-4D6E-93AB-99D6F3043BD1.jpeg

5687CBD0-4AF6-466A-B274-1925BEE43B0F.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Looks great Paxton^^^WOW $195 for a 38x13.5 is crazy good, enjoy!
Pretty awesome that you went up in size (by quite a bit) and SAVED weight.

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Looks great Paxton^^^WOW $195 for a 38x13.5 is crazy good, enjoy!
Pretty awesome that you went up in size (by quite a bit) and SAVED weight.
I agree, couldn’t be happier of the weight saving on the Jeep and my pocket!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just changed over to the 38” Pats and it’s a total night and day difference from my old Maxxis 37’s. The Maxxis Razr are a load E so I’ve just settled for a harsher ride the past year or so. The Maxxis were a decent tire but nothing to just rave about. I also noticed how bad the chunking was once I pulled the Maxxis tires off and saw the full tread patch. So far the Pats are smooth and a lot quieter on the road. I haven’t been able to hit the trails yet but looking forward to seeing how they do. I am also running balancing beads instead of weights and so far so good. My previous setup was the Mopar Bead Locks with the simulated ring and Maxxis Razr 37x12.50r17 and on the scale they were right at 123 pounds. The 38x13.50r17 Pats and Dirtylife Roadkill real Bead Locks that I have had powder coated anodized red weighed in at 116 pounds. So going to a functioning bead lock and 38’s saved me 7 pounds a tire! Also Discount Tire matched the out of stock Walmart price of $195 a tire.

Love reading all the positive comments from this group and helped me pull the trigger on these tires.
You paid $195 for 38s? I got 315/70/17 and they were $209. What the heck???

Sponsored

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
You paid $195 for 38s? I got 315/70/17 and they were $209. What the heck???
Yep! I didn’t think they would but I told them that Walmart had them for $195 and they looked it up and said ok. Walmart even showed they were out of stock at that price. I love our local Discount Tire. There is never any hassle there.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are these values when tires are cold?
Yup cold tire pressure. Majority of people start at 30 and just keep dropping till it feels right for you. Chalk test is also good but the outside lugs wont make full contact.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just changed over to the 38” Pats and it’s a total night and day difference from my old Maxxis 37’s. The Maxxis Razr are a load E so I’ve just settled for a harsher ride the past year or so.
I had the 38x13.50r17 C rated on my JK

I have the 40x13.50r17 D rated on my JL

I am looking at the 37x12.50r20 F Rated for my Gladiator. A bit apprehensive about the F rating. However, with them being such a smooth tire, I'm hoping it is a non-issue. I've seen people running the F rated Ride Grapplers on JLs

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone in CO run the chalk test on the Patagonia 37x12.5x17?

Looking for the right PSI for around town and hwys.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Has anyone in CO run the chalk test on the Patagonia 37x12.5x17?

Looking for the right PSI for around town and hwys.
This will vary depending on what width wheel you are running, the average temperature in your area, and the altitude you live at.

Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
The Dynatrac CodeX is wearing milestar Patagonia’s.... the other site might be upset given they are Dynatrac fanboys and milestar haters.

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
For those running LT 315/70/R17. What PSI are you running? Mine is set at 32 but I'd like to go lower without being under-inflated.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For those running LT 315/70/R17. What PSI are you running? Mine is set at 32 but I'd like to go lower without being under-inflated.
29 to 30 is very doable with good ride and no uneven wear.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I tried to order another set through @Discount Tire direct today and had my first poor experience with them.

Long story short: Young guy answered the phone, believe his name was Evan. He seemed to be in a hurry, rushed me when I tried to talk, didn't take my info/check my account etc. Being close to the end of the day, he was checked out clearly. He stated the tire I wanted was out of stock. I asked him to check when it would be back in. I was informed that there would be a shipment in 2 weeks. I said that would be fine, let's move ahead. I attempted to give him my information to access my account, and to my surprise, he said "before we go any further I won't enter a hold or order the tires for you. The tire is out of stock and there is nothing I can do." When I informed him that DTD has done this for me before, he said he wouldn't do it. He then made up a story about the shipment, it may not show, it may be old news etc.

So it looks like I'll be ordering elsewhere. Unfortunate being that I have had great experiences prior and have bought around 60 tires/wheels from them in past few years.
Sponsored