Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Darkman0011

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Oscar Mike
Vehicle Showcase
Nice look! What psi are you running? Really like the ride quality at 30 psi on my 295s!
Thanks !

DT had them at 40psi when I picked her up. It was to say a bit harsh lol.
I have them backed off to 32 and the ride is really amazing, doesn't hurt that the Pro Comp Pro Runners are brand new too.
I may back them off to 28-30 and see if it improves any =)
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Looks like the 315/70/17 size is only available with OWL. Can these be run with the letters facing in or are they directional?

Also, anyone with this size care to comment on the actual loaded size?

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Looks like the 315/70/17 size is only available with OWL. Can these be run with the letters facing in or are they directional?

Also, anyone with this size care to comment on the actual loaded size?
I was just at Discount Tire and they told me the lettering is not an issue as they can be flipped, but take that with a grain of salt. They also fed me some (likely) BS about how they're backordered for 90 days in the size I want (315/70/17). I am pretty sure they were just trying to spook me into buying an in-stock tire and that did not sit well with me.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I was just at Discount Tire and they told me the lettering is not an issue as they can be flipped, but take that with a grain of salt. They also fed me some (likely) BS about how they're backordered for 90 days in the size I want (315/70/17). I am pretty sure they were just trying to spook me into buying an in-stock tire and that did not sit well with me.
Cool. Thanks for that info. Hard to beat these for the price. I have 33” KM3 now but was thinking of going bigger and people really seem to like these Patagonias.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It is most likely true. These tires go on back order often. They come over in large crates from overseas and are distributed through Tireco. That is the one downfall to this tire, it can be hard to locate.

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is most likely true. These tires go on back order often. They come over in large crates from overseas and are distributed through Tireco. That is the one downfall to this tire, it can be hard to locate.
Sure I get that. Backorder is totally a thing. But 90 days? That totally sounds like a number pulled out of his a$$ to try and get me to buy a different (in-stock and more expensive) tire that I clearly don't want.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Sure I get that. Backorder is totally a thing. But 90 days? That totally sounds like a number pulled out of his a$$ to try and get me to buy a different (in-stock and more expensive) tire that I clearly don't want.
Personally, I believe it. They come over in huge shipments and it is spotty at best. They aren't like a BFG where you can call the manufacturer and have more sent right over or get a planned manufacture date.

I waited over 3 months on a set for DTD to say, never mind they aren't coming. Local store was able piece together 5 for me.

Long waits, with no eta are VERY common with this tire.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
ETA Update - Northridge4x4 has 315s and 37"s showing up at our various warehouses (WA, CO, UT) tomorrow (weds.) and Thursday.

So if you are waiting for Milestars, they'll be here soon! Go online: www.northridge4x4.com or give us a ring 866-601-5340.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I believe it. They come over in huge shipments and it is spotty at best. They aren't like a BFG where you can call the manufacturer and have more sent right over or get a planned manufacture date.

I waited over 3 months on a set for DTD to say, never mind they aren't coming. Local store was able piece together 5 for me.

Long waits, with no eta are VERY common with this tire.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Wrong answer!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You're supposed to say "Yeah that guy was full of $hit!! You should never wait long for that tire!! They're everywhere!! Etc etc!!". ;-)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Wrong answer!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You're supposed to say "Yeah that guy was full of $hit!! You should never wait long for that tire!! They're everywhere!! Etc etc!!". ;-)
You're right, I was being negative!

Walmart.com has them:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Milestar-Patagonia-M-T-LT315-70R17-Tire/55190066

Pricey though. However, their prices seem to change daily.

Northridge is cheaper $209 each. I bought 38s though them plus tons of thousands of dollars worth of other products over the years. They are a great company.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...agonia-mt-lt31570r17-35x12-50r17lt-121118q-d8

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, I was being negative!

Walmart.com has them:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Milestar-Patagonia-M-T-LT315-70R17-Tire/55190066

Pricey though. However, their prices seem to change daily.

Northridge is cheaper $209 each. I bought 38s though them plus tons of thousands of dollars worth of other products over the years. They are a great company.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...agonia-mt-lt31570r17-35x12-50r17lt-121118q-d8

That's the spirit!!

Yeah I saw that. I might look elsewhere but I have a line of credit at Discount Tire and would like to use that if I can. I will wait a week and see who gets some in and then decide who to buy from.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That's the spirit!!

Yeah I saw that. I might look elsewhere but I have a line of credit at Discount Tire and would like to use that if I can. I will wait a week and see who gets some in and then decide who to buy from.
Did you give Discount Tire Direct a call? Local stores and online have different warehouses. Additionally, if there is another local Discount Tire store give them a call. Some will dig deeper than others.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
FYI - We just got the first batch of 315s in stock at Northridge4x4, more coming in the next couple days.

Milestar Patagonia M/T LT31570R17 (35x12.50x17)

$209 each, if you buy five, you'll get a $50.00 gift card, effectively making them $199.00 each.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads