Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I've run many different MT and AT tires. I also have a tendency to complain when I'm unhappy with something. With that being said, I have had two sets of the Milestar Patagonias and no complaints.

Oh and I paid for both sets. I bought the 38s through Northridge 4x4 when they first came out and the 40s through Discount Tire.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Correct...almost all of their other sizes are load rating d. I havent found anybody that makes a 37" c load tire. You?
Nope not that I found in any tire I’d consider. Just making sure I didn’t miss anything. I think I’m going to try a set in 315/70/17. I looked and haven’t really found owners who’ve actually owned these Milestars and driven on them with bad things to say about them. The only real negative comments are from people who haven’t used them and for some reason want nobody else to buy then either. Some people hate anything new or unfamiliar to them. I used to be like that. Maybe they’re stockholders in other tire companies???? I don’t know...

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If you have been on forums long enough (not just this one, forums in general), you'll find that there are VERY few people that will buy something, and openly bash it after the fact. In fact, most of the time, you find the opposite, people defend the product just to justify their own purchase. Having said that, Im not saying people that are happy with them are being dishonest per se, but often, you will get people posting their initial reviews, (often based on 0 comparisons because they havent owned other tires of like kind, etc) but don't post up when they have a problem. For instance, you see a lot of people running the 38" patagonia, but you won't really see anyone express concern that it is a C rated tire with much weaker sidewalls that a comparable tire from other manufacturers. For many, that may be perfectly fine, but that is an important asterisk that is overlooked/ignored.
Fair point. Which has led me to an idea. I'm going to post a thread for objectively rating tires. I'll make a spread sheet and will use a numbered scale similar to that used by tirerack. This way people can give their opinions and we can all compare tires that way. If they don't want to openly bash what bought they can PM me with their ratings and I'll add it to the average. I'll explain it all in the thread when I make it. First things first, I'm going to do a search to make sure it hasn't been done yet.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

MSchir1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
upload_2019-3-8_16-6-38.jpeg

Decided to pull the trigger based on ya’lls reviews. 295/70r17 can’t wait to get em on!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
upload_2019-3-8_16-6-38.jpeg

Decided to pull the trigger based on ya’lls reviews. 295/70r17 can’t wait to get em on!
Nice! I was running 40psi on the same 295/70/17s but found 30 psi is SO much better. Look forward to your impressions.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I do not rock crawl or race and do not want an E rated tire and suffer a stiffer ride. These may not be the all mighty hard core rock crawling tire, but neither are bf Goodrich tires. (C rated) Money is not the issue either, if these don’t hold up, I will just try something different. These were my tire of choice. I like the way they look for how quiet they run. Do you really think racer pay for their tires? No they get paid to use them. (Typically sponsored) not just free tires. So far these have been great tires and took less weight to balance then my stock BG Goodrich tires, I will also post any issues I see with them. For now I have expectations they will wear quicker due to the reviews on how soft they are. Will see. Sounds like a few people who don’t have them from wayolifes 2 forums came over hear to bash as well. Lol

Last edited:

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I paid for mine and love them, great tire, no issues with traction, I air down to 12 psi and go where everyone else goes. Wear is good so far and no chunking etc. Wayolife makes cool videos, I watch em but on his forum he goes out of his way to dump on brands he isn’t sponsored by, so do his cronies so there’s gonna be a skew when you see their comments, mine balanced just fine with a few weights per tire. I initially thought they took a whole lot of weights but that’s only because the jackasses at Firestone never removes the OEM weights from the rims. I got mine rebalanced because they never balanced my spare and it took only a few weights, got the, rebalanced again when I got new rims and same deal.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Sounds like a few people who don’t have them from wayolifes 2 forums came over hear to bash as well. Lol
Wayolife makes cool videos, I watch em but on his forum he goes out of his way to dump on brands he isn’t sponsored by, so do his cronies so there’s gonna be a skew when you see their comments
Although they have different screen names between Wayolife and here, you can tell exactly who they are based on the exact same statements on both forums.

Eddie's videos are great. Very helpful and informational, however on his forum, he is a Cock Taco....

Amazing how someone can take on such different personas.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Picked up some for my Sahara 275/70 R18 for a great deal from American tire. Just need to figure out what PSI to run as I’m mostly a street driver with weekend trial driving

A7556A9E-4B4D-427F-8033-7769B49C963B.jpeg

FA9572CC-5715-4A03-A824-05C9742CE05D.jpeg

03A92E32-CBFD-4A39-9606-982089191CAD.jpeg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Picked up some for my Sahara 275/70 R18 for a great deal from American tire. Just need to figure out what PSI to run as I’m mostly a street driver with weekend trial driving

A7556A9E-4B4D-427F-8033-7769B49C963B.jpeg

FA9572CC-5715-4A03-A824-05C9742CE05D.jpeg

03A92E32-CBFD-4A39-9606-982089191CAD.jpeg
What are they at now? Usually 28-32 PSI is the sweet spot. I usually decrease mine a little at a time and see how they feel.