Anyone running the ARB 73QT DZ in a JL?

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Hi,

Did a search on this and got no hits.

Considering upgrading my refrigerator to a dual zone option, and am not sure the ARB option (ARB 10802692 ZERO Portable Fridge Freezer 73 Qts) is going to fit / work with my current setup. Looking at the competitive Dometic version, I think i would have several of the same problems.

Major impacts i need to sort out as follows:

1. This unit is a side loader instead of top loader. This has two implications, i either need to mount long way across the entire back of rig -or- add slider to the top of the storage box i have installed
2. Storage box i have installed is likely not strong enough to use as the top slide out option, so now i need to mount another slider on top of the box - not sure if this is even possible
3. Bigger unit will take more power, and this will put further pressure on my battery setup - which is already problematic

Wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so what your thoughts are?
TIA
D
Sponsored

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
There are smaller dual zone options out there........I have the 50qt from National Luna.

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
There are smaller dual zone options out there........I have the 50qt from National Luna.
i actually wouldnt mind getting a smaller unit, but they are both 73q options from the leading vendors

this one looks pretty good and is similar size to the ARB classic it would be replacing:

https://www.nationalluna.com/product/nl-60-legacy-stainless-steel-refrigerator-freezer/

p.s. interesting that this unit costs the same as the ARB / more than the Dometic, and is 13q smaller than both of them

https://www.equipt1.com/collections/national-luna-dual-control/products/60l-legacy-fridge-freezer

Last edited:

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
i actually wouldnt mind getting a smaller unit, but they are both 73q options from the leading vendors

this one looks pretty good and is similar size to the ARB classic it would be replacing:

https://www.nationalluna.com/product/nl-60-legacy-stainless-steel-refrigerator-freezer/

p.s. interesting that this unit costs the same as the ARB / more than the Dometic, and is 13q smaller than both of them

https://www.equipt1.com/collections/national-luna-dual-control/products/60l-legacy-fridge-freezer

The National Luna fridge was originally designed in 1990 in response to a World Health Organization (WHO) call to develop a medical refrigerator to transport vaccine supplies across Africa. Of all the companies that submitted designs to the WHO, only the National Luna design passed all of the performance requirements.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the ARB 73QT DZ in a JL? 1664219053583

• Temperature Ranges:
    • Left Zone: +20Ā°C to -18Ā°C (+68Ā°F to -1Ā°F)
    • Right Zone: +20Ā°C to -24Ā°C (+68Ā°F to -11Ā°F)
  • Fridge Warranty: 3 years
  • Compressor Warranty: 8 years

CaliMat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the 73qt ARB DZ you're looking at. I have it mounted on a tembotusk slider on top of the goose gear platform. In order for it to fit, rear seats need to come out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
I have the 73qt ARB DZ you're looking at. I have it mounted on a tembotusk slider on top of the goose gear platform. In order for it to fit, rear seats need to come out.
this is what i am struggling with right now.

i want to do a complete goose rear seat delete -but- keep my ARB storage system. Goose tells me this won't work, which i'm not sure i believe. i suspect like everything else on the rig it just means i'm going to have to spend a shitton of money to customize the way i want it.

thanks for suggestion!

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD

CaliMat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Not sure what you mean by ARB storage system, I have the AAL drawers and Vector Offroad shelf fits perfectly. Hope that helps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the ARB 73QT DZ in a JL? 20210925_142422 (2)

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Not sure what you mean by ARB storage system, I have the AAL drawers and Vector Offroad shelf fits perfectly. Hope that helps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running the ARB 73QT DZ in a JL? 20210925_142422 (2)
Basically, my storage system is not for overlanding right now it is for tool and recovery storage - which i know is different than several other use cases.

https://arbusa.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-on/storage-solutions/

What this means is that i have a height, length, and weight limitation based on that setup. These limitations are further impacted by my cage eating up space in this area as well

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90705.htm

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Thanks for the suggestions on this, I'm going to take a chance and order the NL 60l DC option as the specs look to line up pretty closely to the Gen 1 ARB:

ARB Classic 63q - 17in (H) x 17.7in (W) x 33.3in (D) / Weight 54lbs

Luna Legacy 60l DC - Dimensions: 30" L x 17" W x 21" H / Weight: 61.7 lbs

Sponsored

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
So i got the frig and required cables and was able to give the new unit a try finally. it seems like it is actually more of a power hog than the gen 1 ARB - but it may just be continued challenges with the battery setup in the JLURD.

need to test it a bit more

nismo1013

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 392 AEV370
So i got the frig and required cables and was able to give the new unit a try finally. it seems like it is actually more of a power hog than the gen 1 ARB - but it may just be continued challenges with the battery setup in the JLURD.

need to test it a bit more
Can you share pics of your install? Iā€™m considering the NL50 but want to retain my rear seats. I THINK this is possible if I mount on the passenger sideā€¦

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Can you share pics of your install? Iā€™m considering the NL50 but want to retain my rear seats. I THINK this is possible if I mount on the passenger sideā€¦
will post those tomorrow, sorry for the delay on this

4xeChief

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX4xe
20210925_142422 (2).jpg
Just confirming...that's a 73qt that fits like that!? Are the seats up or down?

Any chance you could post the fridge slide details as well? Your setup is sweet!

Last edited:

CaliMat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR