Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I want the best of all worlds so I am looking for advice on adjustable shocks, Rancho RS9000xl is budget friendly and adjustable or Tera Flex 3.3 NOT budget friendly but doable. What real world experience do you guys have with either of these.
Sponsored

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
+1 would like to know as well. Right now I'm pretty set on the Rancho RS9000xl lift. I was considering the 2.5 RC spacer lift but decided not to go that route.

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running these shocks for nearly a year now. They are great, honestly. The adjustment is nice, too. I have the sport lift with these shocks and overall it is slightly mite stiff than stock, but handles and rides much better to me. This lift definitely feels more planted.

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I've had the Teraflex 3.3s on for about two years. A few months ago I ordered some Ranchos and threw them on for a month to see if they would be a lot more comfortable. Had I ordered the Ranchos first, I would have kept them. They are way cheaper and a "bit" softer.

They didn't completely wow me with soft riding plush comfort. Since I already had the $1500 3.3s, I returned the Ranchos (90 day guarantee). I'll live with the 3.3s. They are definitely pretty stiff. If you have a lighter weight Jeep, make sure to get the 3.3 SP2 version.

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the input, I am so on the fence trying to convince myself I need the falcons or should I just get the Ranchos. I see rancho has limited life time warranty and I think Teraflex has three years but rebuildable.

Sponsored

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
I liked the Falcons to, they look good. But with so many saying they are too stiff. I went all rancho. I have no regrets about the rancho shocks and lift. I would go with the Rancho again. It drives better than stock. With the cost savings of the Rancho I was able to get adjustable lower control arms (big improvement) and adjustable track bars.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Running Rancho RS9000XL 2447F502-CCF5-40F7-837B-56EAFB403141

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I liked the Falcons to, they look good. But with so many saying they are too stiff. I went all rancho. I have no regrets about the rancho shocks and lift. I would go with the Rancho again. It drives better than stock. With the cost savings of the Rancho I was able to get adjustable lower control arms (big improvement) and adjustable track bars.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Running Rancho RS9000XL 2447F502-CCF5-40F7-837B-56EAFB403141
Thanks for the input... sounds like Rancho is just what I'm looking for based on my needs. It's still considered our primary family car so I'm sure the wife and kids would appreciated the softer ride. Just looking to get slightly more ground clearance/flex on the trails without compromising road manners too much lol

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input... sounds like Rancho is just what I'm looking for based on my needs. It's still considered our primary family car so I'm sure the wife and kids would appreciated the softer ride. Just looking to get slightly more ground clearance/flex on the trails without compromising road manners too much lol
I think I have read way to much and convinced myself I need Teraflex shock but in reality once I have it dialed in I may never adjust the shocks again.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I have them sitting in the garage for the last month! Hopefully if time/COVID permits I can get them installed within the next weeks. I did a ton of research looking for something that was budget friendly but reliable. Honestly I haven't heard any complaints on the Rancho kit w/ 9000xl' s, even the 5000s only complaints is stiffness. You hear or read a lot of people complain about they rust. From what I have read they are all old complaints and JL kit hasn't had any of the issues. There is a few people on this forum that have run them and they are located in the snowbelt with no issues.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I ran 9Ks with EVO springs on my last JK and it was great. I'm not into adjusting but did like the ability to try a some different settings, found I liked 7 the best and never touched them again.
Really though, the 9Ks and the Falcon 3.3 are in different classes. If you are going to spend 3.3 money you should be considering the upper tiers of Fox and even Kings (some same are the best).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So, yesterday I found out the lift kit I had ordered just over two weeks ago is now on backorder until the end of July, I personally had a temper tantrum and canceled the order and just after my CBB moment I ordered the falcon shocks. Now, on to the new search for a lift kit.....

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
So, yesterday I found out the lift kit I had ordered just over two weeks ago is now on backorder until the end of July, I personally had a temper tantrum and canceled the order and just after my CBB moment I ordered the falcon shocks. Now, on to the new search for a lift kit.....
Good luck with that! Lot's of good choices or put together your own. I'm contemplating this later this year, taking off my TF 2.5 ST and replacing it with a combo 3.5" EVO/FOX/TF/SS.

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are any supporting modifications needed with this lift? To correct steering, caster, etc... I want to get a list of parts together to get them all at once.

Parts consist of...
Lift: Rancho 2 inch lift kit with RS9000XL Shocks
Wheels: Method MR12 17x19 -12 4.5 Backspacing
Tires: Milestar Patagonia 35x12.5 R17

DrGroovenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335is, Honda Pilot
Inquiring minds want to know. I’m thinking of this kit since this is my first Jeep and I only off road a few times a year. Worried about caster / handling and if I need any adjustable LCA or something like that. Videos on YouTube make me think I can tackle this project myself. Any difficulty in installation?

DrGroovenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335is, Honda Pilot
I decided to just pick up the geo brackets and the adjustable track bars. Since It’s just the 2” lift (I have a Rubicon) and I will eventually get 35” tires, I figured I don’t need adjustable control arms. Did I make a good assumption?
Sponsored