Anyone Running Pizza Cutters?

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Hey, all! I know it isn't a super popular tire choice, but is anyone out there running a 35x10.5 tire? Kenda has their Klever RT in that size with a D load range and I'm digging the thought of a 35 that isn't super heavy. Plus I have a thing for pizza cutters, I just don't see too many of them out there on JLs. :LOL: It's either that, a 255/80R17 or 285/75R17. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
It was hard to find the weight of them, but the one I found was 73 pounds for them which is just an average weight for a 35. Yes it will have less rolling resistance being 10.5 wide, but I’m not sure that would save you much in regards to mpg. If you like the look and want to try them out, by all means do it, but I thought they would be lighter.

OP
OP
ztobro

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
It was hard to find the weight of them, but the one I found was 73 pounds for them which is just an average weight for a 35. Yes it will have less rolling resistance being 10.5 wide, but I’m not sure that would save you much in regards to mpg. If you like the look and want to try them out, by all means do it, but I thought they would be lighter.
Interesting, you’d think they’d be lighter since they’re D load range and skinnier. Who knew. Thanks for the input!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nitto has a c rated 35x11.50r17 trail grappler

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
How much of a lift are you running to clear the 35’s? I’d love my Sahara to look like that!
2”(measured) lift from stock Rubicon ride height. I had a Rubicon take-off suspension swap prior. Now running Synergy coils.

So I guess just under 3” (measured) from stock Sahara height?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Any advantages running a "pizza cutter tires"?
There can be depending on your intentions for your jeep.

Tires can be kept within the fender flares.

Narrow tires are less likely to wander on road.

Narrow tires will cut through snow/slop performing better in winter road conditions.

OP
OP
ztobro

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Any advantages running a "pizza cutter tires"?
Going off of what @Carlton said. Skinner tires will cut through snow/slush/mud/rain better than wider tires will and are less prone to hydroplaning. Some people prefer them off-road do to their smaller contact patch, which helps increase traction on solid stuff. They're also a lot less likely to wander on the road, and in may give you some better fuel economy compared to a wider tire of the same height due to it weighing less.

Oh, and some people just like the look of them. :)