Anyone Running Pizza Cutters?

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
They are the aluminum JT Sport S wheels. I like them too, and got an extra take-off set. They are pretty inexpensive, with or without tires because I guess 1. they don't get the cult following that Rubi, etc. stock wheels get; 2. they come with lame tires, so many owners replace them within 1000 miles.
Thanks. Unfortunately so far we don’t get the Gladiator in the UK. Hadn’t seen that wheel before
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
They are the aluminum JT Sport S wheels. I like them too, and got an extra take-off set. They are pretty inexpensive, with or without tires because I guess 1. they don't get the cult following that Rubi, etc. stock wheels get; 2. they come with lame tires, so many owners replace them within 1000 miles.
Want more?

OP
OP
ztobro

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
255-80-17E Falken AT3W on a JT Gladiator

101_1722 (2).JPG

101_1723 (2).JPG
Nice! Can you tell that its a noticeable size increase over factory? Always hard to really judge in pictures but it looks good! Those factory silver wheels look great too!

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Don't really need more wheels, thanks. Visually, these tires are noticeably bigger, but driving, they seem similar, with no negative effects.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone make a 35/10.5? That’s what I want to run here in the desert. I don’t need flotation. I need contact pressure. All I can find is the BFG KO2 in 34/10.5.
chime in pizza cutter people.

Sponsored

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
Does anyone make a 35/10.5? That’s what I want to run here in the desert. I don’t need flotation. I need contact pressure. All I can find is the BFG KO2 in 34/10.5.
chime in pizza cutter people.
Kenda make one that’s seems popular on Gladiators.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not running them yet, but was thinking about it because I wanted to keep the factory wheels for a while, I like this tread! Interco used to make a 34 TSL LTB pizza cutter that was awesome in the old days...:D...Those things were awesome in winter snow trails, but they're Bias-Ply though, not sure people want to run those nowadays but they're DOT.

https://www.intercotire.com/tire/60

I think this is the modern version in 17"

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Running Pizza Cutters? 1593552510536

Hatchttu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You might look at Goodyear mtr in 275/80r17. It's a smallish 35 thats 11 in. wide. I'm considering them on my stick rims cause the narrower width works a bit better.
I like the sound of that size tire. If you get them, please post up the pics. Do you know what that tire weighs?

I ran 255/80/17 KM2's on my JKUR and loved them. They performed really well in everything but snow, but that was more due to the tread having little or no siping. Off-road, they were amazing, from gumbo mud to sand to rock to dirt.

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I like the sound of that size tire. If you get them, please post up the pics. Do you know what that tire weighs?

I ran 255/80/17 KM2's on my JKUR and loved them. They performed really well in everything but snow, but that was more due to the tread having little or no siping. Off-road, they were amazing, from gumbo mud to sand to rock to dirt.
Tire rack shows them at 60 lbs. I decided to go bigger so no pics. Sorry.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

emohn

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU
Those of you on the Kenda Klever KR601 in the 35x10.5x17... I'm wondering if I'll be able to manage on a JLU Sport S with Rubicon takeoff springs/shocks (From a 2021 diesel JLUR, which should be the tallest/stiffest of the rubi option springs) will be sufficient from a lift and suspensions travel perspective. Or if spacer leveling kit might give a bit more room. Or if I'm better off just sticking to a 33 unless I want to go more lift for now. My understanding is that the control arm clearance has been an issue on other folks wanting to run 35s on Rubi takeoff 'lifts' - but I'm hopeful that the narrower Kenda's will clear fine (on stock rims and backspacing).

Thanks in advance for any real-world experience with the Kendas on a moderately lifted rig.

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

Believe you can go to 35’s on a non Rubicon by changing front fenders to Rubicon ones.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I also ran 255/80R17 KM2 tires on my WK. They were great for getting through the lake effect deep snow in Northern New York. But they wore quickly and were only okay on wet/icy roads.

jeep.jpg
Sponsored