Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine tonight in about 2hrs. Ran it to Aux 1 on my switch panel. Only wish there were more spots in the wheel wells for the magnets to stick. But I think I have adequate coverage in any case. I left some slack in the wires if I want to move the lights around a little bit too.
8B900A1C-0EF2-4A11-95CF-866CB69D41D9.jpeg

Dude. Those look nice.
And I thought the vehicle itself was going to put me in tremendous debt.
Sponsored

klastinger

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
When I ran mine, I used their box. I eliminated their switch and used my factory AUX switch as the on/off switch that allows power to the LUX lights box. I have RGB's so I use the LUX app through my cell to dial up whatever color lights I want through their box.
Thanks.
When I ran mine, I used their box. I eliminated their switch and used my factory AUX switch as the on/off switch that allows power to the LUX lights box. I have RGB's so I use the LUX app through my cell to dial up whatever color lights I want through their box.
So basically connected the red power to the aux switch and the black to ground.

Sponsored

coppersilverado

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ Rubicon
I’m running 12 RGBs right now. I’m waiting fir two white lights that I’ll run on zone 3 with a switch under the hood to have white light in the engine bay if needed. I ran one wire for zone 1 and one for zone 2 then spliced them to the corresponding lights I wanted for each zone (front n rear bumper zone 1) rock rails (6 lights and 2 lights at the front frame inside front wheel to zone 2). I have one slight dead spot in the front center from my Maximus-3 plate mount, debating on one more RGB.
Which app are you using for the controller? I just got an eight pod set installed with their new 3 Zone controller as well. The app is absolutely horrible. It's not very user-friendly and pretty much useless. The lights don't always respond the way they're supposed to respond. And all three zones don't stay connected even when I'm standing beside the vehicle. I have mounted mine to the underside of the hood just above the battery.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Which app are you using for the controller? I just got an eight pod set installed with their new 3 Zone controller as well. The app is absolutely horrible. It's not very user-friendly and pretty much useless. The lights don't always respond the way they're supposed to respond. And all three zones don't stay connected even when I'm standing beside the vehicle. I have mounted mine to the underside of the hood just above the battery.
XKGLOW is the app I’m using. Zone 1 and 2 work through the app. I don’t have zone 3 hooked up yet but as I understand it zone 3 will be strictly a white light that will be switched on through an extra physical switch. I think you can only control zones 1 and 2 with the app. My controller is on top of the battery also (I have a strip of adhesive velcro on the back of the controller that I just stick to the felt battery cover). The distance through the bluetooth is not great, I have to be alongside or in the Jeep for it to connect. I'm using an iPhone.. not that it should matter.

Hellraizer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They have a propriatory app now "lux lighting". It works much better than the garbage app that is suggested you download in there install instructions

Sponsored

jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s, 21 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
what is this banned site i keep hearing about? return15 gets your 15% off

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just a heads up there's a price increase starting in January, so if you're looking to purchase do it before hand.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Would one of these provide enough light to augment the factory backup lights? I’ve got a sweet spot on my rear bumper I could safely attach one pointing it straight back instead of down. Thinking about doing an eight pack. Six under, one in engine bay and one in the rear that I would tap off my backup lamps.
Sponsored