Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
One thing to note, at least on mine, is that if you don’t have the app on then the lights default to white. When I open the app it will go to the last color I had chosen right away. As far as customer service, I think everyone is a little overloaded with this COVID thing...I got a response to a question I had in about a day and a half. A bit after I bought them the owner pinged and followed up with his personal email and asked if everything was good and if so could I leave a review.
I just got an email today from the owner asking to leave a review. I believe you can set a default for the lights to turn on to when first powered on. I have mine set to a solid light amber color. Once I can get a good pic/video in the dark of them I'll post with a review for the company.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an 8 piece set of the RGB's with smartphone controller on the 3rd of Jan. Still waiting for shipping notification. A few days later, I decided to get the Switch Pros setup, which showed up a couple days ago and I installed yesterday. I'm curious if the Lux controller can be used with the Switch Pros unit, to take advantage of the color changing.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
--
Customer Support
LUX Lighting Systems
[email protected]
luxlightingsystems.com
Just tried calling. "number not in service" also still no reply to all my emails.

@Gadgettr1 let the owner know he needs serious help and lost a customer. No need for this. Shouldn't be this hard to reach a company and ask some questions and give them my money. Way too expensive to "give it a go" Going to just order the Oracle ones. I really wanted these as the magnet mounting is far and away the best solution but these guys are a joke. Can only imagine if any of you start having issues with this product.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried calling. "number not in service" also still no reply to all my emails.

@Gadgettr1 let the owner know he needs serious help and lost a customer. No need for this. Shouldn't be this hard to reach a company and ask some questions and give them my money. Way too expensive to "give it a go" Going to just order the Oracle ones. I really wanted these as the magnet mounting is far and away the best solution but these guys are a joke. Can only imagine if any of you start having issues with this product.

This is the email I got from LUX. I will email them and ask them about the lack of support, but I'm guessing it's the same email you are sending your questions to. Sorry you're having issues, the lights are pretty sweet as far as I'm concerned so far.

Charles,

This is Jonathan Fay, I am the owner of LUX Lighting Systems. I am following up to see how your install went and if you are pleased with the product and the service you received from us. If everything was great can you please leave us a review? Here is a link: https://goo.gl/bFVyMO

If anything was not up to par then please let me know. It is important to me that we are doing the best we can here. Thank you!

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at [email protected]

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

I sent out an email today and got a response just a few hours later.. here is the response I got....

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? {filename}

LUX Lighting <[email protected]>
To:Chip D

Thu, Jan 14 at 3:50 PM

Chip,

Thank you for the heads up. We are not active on the forums. Since covid all customer service is handled through email, it would be a rare event that an email is not returned in one business day.

--
Customer Support
LUX Lighting Systems
[email protected]
luxlightingsystems.com
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? {filename}

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

I sent them a copy n paste of your reply and they responded very quickly. I replied to them asking them to reply on this thread. Hopefully they do, I like the lights and have had no issue with them and find their quality excellent. And of course it's a USA company which in this day and age should get our support.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
He replied to the email. Obviously they have a few issues. The "contact us" part of his website doesn't work so don't use that. Once I got the email from above I sent an actual email and he replied.

He also got a little miffed that I mentioned his phone doesn't work and asked where I would have even got that phone number as they do not support phone calls since covid. I had to send him a screen shot of his reply to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 1610714243233

I will probably just move on down the road and order the oracle ones. They are a little cheaper and seem to be way more on top of their sales. Very active here and willing to reply and support any issues. I am concerned spending $300 with this company. Sucks to have to drill to mount but oh well. Cheers fellas.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
He replied to the email. Obviously they have a few issues. The "contact us" part of his website doesn't work so don't use that. Once I got the email from above I sent an actual email and he replied.

He also got a little miffed that I mentioned his phone doesn't work and asked where I would have even got that phone number as they do not support phone calls since covid. I had to send him a screen shot of his reply to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 1610714243233

I will probably just move on down the road and order the oracle ones. They are a little cheaper and seem to be way more on top of their sales. Very active here and willing to reply and support any issues. I am concerned spending $300 with this company. Sucks to have to drill to mount but oh well. Cheers fellas.
I went with the LUX after watching the [Banned Site] video on it. I have no regrets. I like you was worried about it since I had originally sent several emails to ask questions about their control module before ordering them. In the end I decided to take the gamble and ordered a set of 12 RGB lights and a control module. I am glad I did it. The magnetic mounts are the BOMB! It made mounting the lights so easy and then it gives me the option of repositioning them after running them at night a few times to make sure it's lighting up the areas I want/need. Plus being able to run 3 different zones of lights. I have one zone for the front and rear bumper, another zone for the middle of my JLUR and the third zone (which needs its own switch and can only be single color lights) will be wired up to a switch under the hood with 2 white lights mounted on the underside of the hood that will provide me engine light if needed since Jeep doesn't have one. Because the lights are magnetic I may just leave some extra slack in these two lights so that they can be moved around to provide the best light necessary for whatever area of the engine that I may need to see at night for whatever reason. (that part I haven't quite decided on yet) And on top of it all they're made in the USA, which for me personally, when I can buy something (of good quality) that is made here, that's my personal preference.

Sponsored

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just got an email today from the owner asking to leave a review. I believe you can set a default for the lights to turn on to when first powered on. I have mine set to a solid light amber color. Once I can get a good pic/video in the dark of them I'll post with a review for the company.
Yes, you can default them to a custom color..it took me a little while to figure it out but my original “it won’t” should now be “it can”.

Slammed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU ,2010 Kia Soul
Anyone know the amp draw of each of these. I just want to run 4 tied into the interior curtesy lights. So they’d go on when I lock and unlock the doors. It’s either these or kc cyclones

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I went with KC Cyclones. 10 under the rig as rock lights. 2 one the hood as engine lights.

klastinger

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
I installed mine tonight in about 2hrs. Ran it to Aux 1 on my switch panel. Only wish there were more spots in the wheel wells for the magnets to stick. But I think I have adequate coverage in any case. I left some slack in the wires if I want to move the lights around a little bit too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? CEC06286-A411-4A49-BA51-4121D1E2D1EA
Did you wire them directly to auxiliary switch or did you use their box and then connected the switch line to the Aux switch lighting.

if you could provide some insight I would appreciate it.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Did you wire them directly to auxiliary switch or did you use their box and then connected the switch line to the Aux switch lighting.

if you could provide some insight I would appreciate it.
When I ran mine, I used their box. I eliminated their switch and used my factory AUX switch as the on/off switch that allows power to the LUX lights box. I have RGB's so I use the LUX app through my cell to dial up whatever color lights I want through their box.
Sponsored