Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about that location too...sits a little lower. I looked at running the control box inside and under the passenger seat but the wires are too thick to run all of them through the firewall even if I stripped off the outer covering. I have the 8 lights and will take pics later and post.
I’m running 12 RGBs right now. I’m waiting fir two white lights that I’ll run on zone 3 with a switch under the hood to have white light in the engine bay if needed. I ran one wire for zone 1 and one for zone 2 then spliced them to the corresponding lights I wanted for each zone (front n rear bumper zone 1) rock rails (6 lights and 2 lights at the front frame inside front wheel to zone 2). I have one slight dead spot in the front center from my Maximus-3 plate mount, debating on one more RGB.
Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I used a piece of adhesive hook Velcro on the bottom of the control box. That sticks right to the battery cover. Don’t mind all the extra wiring, still a ton of slack (trial mode) to make sure the lights are where I want them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 1
What is the blue wire for? Remote power on such as when tapping into cig lighter at dash? I'm wondering if the lights could be hooked up to my Voswitch but also come on with dome lights when unlocking and opening doors.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
What is the blue wire for? Remote power on such as when tapping into cig lighter at dash? I'm wondering if the lights could be hooked up to my Voswitch but also come on with dome lights when unlocking and opening doors.
The blue wire is the antenna for the control box.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like mine to come on when unlocking or remote starting also but haven't figured that one out. If I know I'm going to be remote starting (after dark) I'll turn my AUX 3 on (Lux lights) just before I shut the engine off and the lights will come on to my default setting (solid amber) when the engine starts (via remote).

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I'd like mine to come on when unlocking or remote starting also but haven't figured that one out. If I know I'm going to be remote starting (after dark) I'll turn my AUX 3 on (Lux lights) just before I shut the engine off and the lights will come on to my default setting (solid amber) when the engine starts (via remote).
Thanks for the reply. Maybe by tapping into courtesy lighting in foot well along with a diode of some sort?

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Maybe by tapping into courtesy lighting in foot well along with a diode of some sort?
Perhaps if you ran it that way as your switch, but then that is the only time the lights would come on? The control box is wired direct to power (ie my battery with its own inline fuse) but it only receives power (switches the lights on) when my AUX 3 switch is powered on. The control box acts as a solenoid (best description I can think of, someone correct me if I am wrong).

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps if you ran it that way as your switch, but then that is the only time the lights would come on? The control box is wired direct to power (ie my battery with its own inline fuse) but it only receives power (switches the lights on) when my AUX 3 switch is powered on. The control box acts as a solenoid (best description I can think of, someone correct me if I am wrong).
You can use a relay to route the current from AUX 3 or an interior lighting tap to switch the relay and send power to the rock lights.

I think you want the cabin lights and not the foot well lighting. The foot well lights are on when you're driving unless you turn them off at the switch.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
You can use a relay to route the current from AUX 3 or an interior lighting tap to switch the relay and send power to the rock lights.

I think you want the cabin lights and not the foot well lighting. The foot well lights are on when you're driving unless you turn them off at the switch.
Actually have ambient lighting and courtesy lighting wires in my foot well. Comes with Sahara and up I believe.

Reactions: GtX

Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I am using a Voswitch 300 instead of factory auxillary switches, so no direct connection to battery from rock lights. I'm thinking I could use a diode like found here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002UHVH...olid=39XQXKDFWC5B4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Feed power lead from Voswitch and tap from courtesy light in foot well into double side, out to rock lights on single side.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I am using a Voswitch 300 instead of factory auxillary switches, so no direct connection to battery from rock lights. I'm thinking I could use a diode like found here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002UHVH...olid=39XQXKDFWC5B4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Feed power lead from Voswitch and tap from courtesy light in foot well into double side, out to rock lights on single side.
I’m not familiar with that switch so I can’t comment on that one. Mine are setup as follows. On the Bluetooth module from Lux it acts as a solenoid in my setup. The module has access to direct battery power when my AUX 3 switch is turned on. I have zone 1 (of the RGB lights) hooked up to my 6 center RGB lights plus 2 at my front wheels, zone 2 is my front and rear bumper. Zone 3 will be wired to a manual switch under the hood to two white lights in the engine compartment.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

So are you saying to power the lights through two different power sources? I’m assuming wired in parallel? I’m fine with mine as they’re wired, but that’s an interesting idea.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
So are you saying to power the lights through two different power sources? I’m assuming wired in parallel? I’m fine with mine as they’re wired, but that’s an interesting idea.
Back in the day, before these fancy switch bank products, you'd have to wire with mechanical switches and relays. I'd always wire my reverse lights and driving lights through 3-way switches but would bring constant power into the switch and a triggered power source then feed these to the relay that powered the accessory.

When the switch was up constant power was fed to the the relay and the relay opened and turned on the accessory.

When the switch was down the triggered power was fed to the relay. In the case of driving light the trigger was the high beams. In the case of reverse lights the trigger was the reverse lights.

The same could be done with rock lights to give the option of [on] / [off] / [on with cabin lights]. You could accomplish this with diodes but then lack the controllability of a switch. And lets be honest, more switch are better!

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I’m not familiar with that switch so I can’t comment on that one. Mine are setup as follows. On the Bluetooth module from Lux it acts as a solenoid in my setup. The module has access to direct battery power when my AUX 3 switch is turned on. I have zone 1 (of the RGB lights) hooked up to my 6 center RGB lights plus 2 at my front wheels, zone 2 is my front and rear bumper. Zone 3 will be wired to a manual switch under the hood to two white lights in the engine compartment.
Hello I have a question and it seems you are quite familiar with this system.

I have a switch pro and my plan is to have 8 piece rgb as my rock lights under the keep and 4 piece rgb for my fenders.

My ultimate goal is to be able to power them separately (the 8 and the 4 ) on different switches on the switch pro. Do I need the smart phone controller? Do I need 2 controllers if I want to power them on 2 different switches or aux sperately and do different colors between the 8 and 4?? Is that what this thread is referencingas Zone 1 andzone 2?

or do I jsut not use the controller and wire them directly to my switch pro? What is the point of the controller? Is it to enable the colors on the app?

sorry for the crazy questions ..lux won’t get back to me.
Sponsored