Sponsored

Anyone running LUX rock lights?

TOOBSOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Where did you end up sticking them? Are you running single color white lights or RGBs? If RBG where did you end up putting the control box?
Single color, no control box. One is centered below the rear cargo area (I have a muffler delete so its open). Two along the front and rear of the rock sliders on each side. One on the crossbar right below the front of the motor, and two on each side of the winch Mount I have on the bumper. If I didn’t have that, it would be tricky to find a good spot up front since it’s mostly plastic. The light coverage is great all around.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Single color, no control box. One is centered below the rear cargo area (I have a muffler delete so its open). Two along the front and rear of the rock sliders on each side. One on the crossbar right below the front of the motor, and two on each side of the winch Mount I have on the bumper. If I didn’t have that, it would be tricky to find a good spot up front since it’s mostly plastic. The light coverage is great all around.
Nice, I’m thinking the wheel wells are going to be a tricky spot

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine in..what I didn't think about is the wheel wells are plastic so the magnets don't have anything to attach to. You can put them down low but the lights shoot straight out. Lux does sell the metal brackets so I just ordered one for each wheel well. Hope this helps somebody when you order.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you mount yours in the front wheel well?
I mounted one on the frame in front of the front wheel and another under the bumper alongside my shackles (so two on each side for the front wheel). I actually have 12 RGB's (overkill), I'm running them in two zones. Zone 1 is the two under the front bumper and the two under the rear bumper. Zone 2 is the two on the frame in front of the front wheels, then the 6 under the rock rails (two behind the front wheels on the rock rail mounts, two in the middle of the rock rail mounts and two in front of the rear wheels at the rear of the rock rail mounts). I'm actually going to run two white Lux lights on a separate switch on zone 3 for under hood engine compartment light. I was originally going to use two of the RGBs for under hood light but zone 3 is designed to use white lights.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
That would be excellent sir been thinking about ordering some myself
I'll take pics tomorrow. I like them so far. They have lots of control options with their bluetooth control module. Right now I have everything run with a bunch of slack coiled under my hood until I'm sure the lights are where I want them. I bought all my lights with 20' leads, way too much for some spots but just enough for how I ran from the driver rear bumper light to the spot near the battery where the control module is mounted. I put a hook side adhesive velcro on the bottom of the control module and it sticks pretty well to the factory battery cover material. But I'm a little concerned about how hot it gets there, even the factory fuse cover gets quite warm, going to check on that with my dealer, not sure if they're all that way..... anyone?

I

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
FYI on the RGB lights. I thought I had a bunch of defective lights because I tried testing out the control module with two lights before I mounted anything using a spare motorcycle battery. The red and green light and color mixing worked great but the blue light wouldn't work and because of it I couldn't get white light. Long story short, after going back n forth with Lux. The blue light needs a minimum of 10v to work, but red and green will work with less (my battery measured at 8.9v). I had no idea on that.

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Where have you mounted the control box for the BT control module? I used some heavy duty velcro and put it on top of the fuse box..Jeep JLU. I didn't drill any holes to mount it but looking at other ideas.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Where have you mounted the control box for the BT control module? I used some heavy duty velcro and put it on top of the fuse box..Jeep JLU. I didn't drill any holes to mount it but looking at other ideas.
I used a piece of adhesive hook Velcro on the bottom of the control box. That sticks right to the battery cover. Don’t mind all the extra wiring, still a ton of slack (trial mode) to make sure the lights are where I want them.

983AFB90-2EEB-46DD-9B8B-045863902073.jpeg

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I used a piece of adhesive hook Velcro on the bottom of the control box. That sticks right to the battery cover. Don’t mind all the extra wiring, still a ton of slack (trial mode) to make sure the lights are where I want them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running LUX rock lights? 983AFB90-2EEB-46DD-9B8B-045863902073
I thought about that location too...sits a little lower. I looked at running the control box inside and under the passenger seat but the wires are too thick to run all of them through the firewall even if I stripped off the outer covering. I have the 8 lights and will take pics later and post.
Sponsored