Sponsored

Anyone running Hutchinson Rock Monster rims with 38's

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Really diggin’ those fender lights. I might have to buy a pair, lol.
That thing looks great!!! What did you do to the fenders?
thanks yall

the fender LED kit is from American Adventure Lab. they have a very cool offering with these and their removable inner fenders. they also have a very cool rear cargo management system.

to run these lights though, you have to strip (rip) out the inner fenders and the inner structure to the outer fenders. its all plastic welded together, so a quick rip and it comes apart. there are tabs on the fenders that are easily cut off with a razor knife and cleaned up with a couple passes of some sand paper. the kit came with a nice factory connector and work as expected. the jeep doesnt like non factory LEDs and has a warning message, but the lights function as intended, even the sequential blink works. alegedly, the Tazer will allow you to clear this warning message, but i dont have one to verify.

all in all VERY happy with the kit and love the look of stock height on 37s. AAL has been VERY easy to work with and stands behind their product.

Edit: here is the “kit”

1AF7AE6D-23DA-4584-B4A2-B32B88550806.jpeg

0BBC73A3-E0D8-42BC-B637-4CFE03039172.jpeg

OP
OP
TDS

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
I am assuming you need to have factory LED to run those, or is that flat plug found deeper in the factory wire harness under the inner fender.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am assuming you need to have factory LED to run those, or is that flat plug found deeper in the factory wire harness under the inner fender.
i dont know that. i havent see a non LED fender close enough to know. but if you look at the length of the wire in that picture, it will give you an idea on where the female version is. my LED plug was pretty far rearward from the fender light. it was as far back as the brake booster on the driver side.

OP
OP
TDS

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
i dont know that. i havent see a non LED fender close enough to know. but if you look at the length of the wire in that picture, it will give you an idea on where the female version is. my LED plug was pretty far rearward from the fender light. it was as far back as the brake booster on the driver side.
I will have to look and see if it is there

Sponsored

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
Does any have any have experience with the Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlocks? I have 38x13.50 and a little concerned about a rim that is only 8.5". Any input is apricated, even if it is a different direction. Right now I have non beadlocks and don't want to be that guy on the trails, lol!

Thanks
Travis
The Patagonia website shows a 10" wheel for the 38x13.50-17. That doesn't mean it can't be done but you're likely to experience more crowning of the tire and have to run a much lower pressure to get a full contact patch on the road. I just mounted a set of 38s on 17x9 wheels and at 17/15 f/r still don't have a full contact patch. Seeing how Patagonia recommends a 10" wheel for that tire would explain the crowning I'm, and others, are getting.

Good luck and keep us posted with whatever direction you take.

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Silly question all. Any issue fitting the backup camera on the Hutchinson or any modifications required?

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Silly question all. Any issue fitting the backup camera on the Hutchinson or any modifications required?
i got nothing, i used the evo tailgate bracket kit, so i dont know how the factory unit fit up. that being said, the hub bore should be the same as factory, so it should fit fine. "Should"

Sponsored

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
Hutchinsons on my pats now. New tires are going on when I get home. Anybody have any rubbing issues with 3.5” MC GC and this wheel with a 14.50” wide tire. 38x14.50 I’m hoping I won’t have any issues. I know they mount up and look fine on the wheel. I already have one mounted on my spare wheel. Just worried about rubbing. ?????